Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dialing in a new MAF housing  (Read 6215 times)
16g-95gsc

« on: April 14, 2013, 06:39:48 AM »

So there are two maps that directly correlate to MAF housing changes:

MLHFM, a general map for dictating a particular sensor/housing combination
KFKHFM, a map for dialing in the fine tuning of a particular intake tracts influence on the MAF readings at various load/rpm points

This I fully understand.  What I would like to know however is how you go about extracting the basic MLHFM information when first setting up a new MAF housing without letting your (at this point) untuned KFKHFM map also influence your STFT/LTFT feedback.  For an example, I am using my car, keeping the injection system stock so as to isolate any fuel map influences on STFT/LTFT, and swapping in a 034 billet MAF housing with hitachi sensor.  You keep the stock hitachi MAF signal curve, and just scale it by some constant % offset based on the new housing size, and use feedback from STFT/LTFT to tweak the percentage change.  However, since KFKHFM has not been adjusted yet for my intake setup, how can I ensure that the feedback I am using isn't in some way manipulated by this untuned map?
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:32:10 AM »

Set kfkhfm to all 1's, then scale your maf.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
16g-95gsc

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:41:11 AM »

How close to zero should your LTFTs be when dialing in the MAF housing on stock fueling/fuel maps?  My first attempt at flashing yielded around -5 on bank 1 and -8 on bank 2 at idle and roughly -3 or so at part cruise.
catbed

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:26:58 PM »

Turn off LTFTs while you dial in the MAF?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 12:28:41 PM by catbed » Logged
16g-95gsc

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 12:35:27 PM »

Excuse me if I'm new, but I tried that by firing up VCDS, then going into the engine module, and then basic settings, and the 099. Literally all of this is new to me, but I don't see anywhere that I can turn LTFTs off?  I'm sure I'm way off on something here.
catbed

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 01:06:36 PM »

Excuse me if I'm new, but I tried that by firing up VCDS, then going into the engine module, and then basic settings, and the 099. Literally all of this is new to me, but I don't see anywhere that I can turn LTFTs off?  I'm sure I'm way off on something here.

Switch to basic settings in the bottom left. IIRC, there is another way to do it. NOLRA -> 5 perhaps?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:08:23 PM by catbed » Logged
phila_dot

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 06:17:21 PM »

I suggest that you get your injectors dialed in on stock MAF/intake first.
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 06:27:26 PM »

I suggest that you get your injectors dialed in on stock MAF/intake first.

This. Injectors are easy. Once fueling is good with the stock maf, switch the housings and try to get everything back to where it was.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Mantis

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

I will 2nd or 3rd the motion of dialing in your injectors first on a stock intake/maf.  I tried to do both injectors and maf and it drove me crazy.  Went back to just getting the injectors settled and it made life simple when I started dialing in my maf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: