Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: can you guys take a look? s4 mbox file  (Read 62080 times)
ElementalVoid

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 07:06:31 PM »

I was just looking at the diffs between your rev3.1 and rev2. The most likely candidate to me is timing. I'd be curious if you set the timing maps back to stock if that wouldn't help. The other maps that seem to make sense are ldorxn and ldrxnzk. Although you shouldn't be hitting over boost because of your KFDLULS changes..

Sorry I can't give any more help here, I haven't tried a full launch on any of the revs yet. Partly because I don't have a good place to do it. Partly because I'm a chicken : ) I'd like my drivetrain in one piece, thank you.
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2011, 09:06:43 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys, this is great.
my tune will be almost perfect before my clutch is broken in.

elementalvoid i'm pretty sure it's not the timing that is messing up the launch control. i'm pretty sure it was kfdluls.  I fixed rev 2 with a combo of kfdluls and kfmirl

rev 2 is up with launch control fixed
rev 3.2 is up hopefully with launch control fixed and the hiccup at 1800 rpms fixed as well via kflbts
rev 4 is up... more timing Oh yeah baby   Shocked 93 octane recomended

looking for testers that will try rev 3.2 with 91 octane... i think it will be fine.

I have a b5 s4
but i just want to dance.
agentsmith988

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2011, 11:13:03 PM »

Went ahead and tried 3.2 on my bone stock car. Everything flashed fine, started up, drove a bit... Car drove like a bat out of hell. During one 3rd gear pull the car went into limp mode, no CEL. I pulled over tried to read codes, and couldn't get a connection to the ECU. The car wouldn't start up either  Embarrassed

Disconnected the battery for a few minutes and it started right up, but as soon as I shut it off and tried to start again... no dice. Same deal, no ECU connection, and it wouldn't start.

Went ahead and disconnected the battery for a bit, got the flasher to initialize and flashed my old file back on. All is well again. Just not as quick...

Anyways, just wanted to report on my fun tonight! I don't know if I did something retardedly wrong or what, but dang I sure want that tune to work!

edit: after all was said and done and the original tune was back on I pulled this code

17964 - Charge Pressure Control: Negative Deviation
        P1556 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:54:12 PM by agentsmith988 » Logged
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 05:26:22 AM »

thanks... i will take a look.
i have been having issues with my checksum plugin... i'm working with mtx to resolve them currently.
so update the checkusms before you flash.

rev 5 is up...  this rev caused a stock clutch to slip in 2nd gear... after that run a giac x tune was loaded and the clutch did not slip.  super fast. super smooth.  93 octane only... i hope your oh shit handle works.

try rev 4 on 91 octane... i think it will work, if you get knock drive easy till you relfash.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 07:23:57 AM by judeisnotobscure » Logged

I have a b5 s4
agentsmith988

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

I just tried rev 4 with the same result as 3.2. I must be doing something wrong! I'll attach my log and my original backup file (that works every time I flash it luckily so I'm not stuck!)

Workflow:
Connect everything, Nefmoto open
Car ignition to on position
Connect
Flash new file
Get the success dialogue
Disconnect (with button)
Ignition off
Ignition on
Scan for DCT's and clear P1602
Start car once and it's good
Start car once more, and nadda
Nefmoto won't connect to ECU

Disconnect battery, connect with Nefmoto and flash original backup file and everything works as it should
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 02:08:27 PM »

Did u update the checksums? My plugin isn't working correctly, so they need to be updated.

Did u get limp mode with rev 4?

I have a b5 s4
agentsmith988

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »

I didn't take it for a drive so I didn't give it a chance to hit limp mode.

As far as the checksums go, I'm on a new computer and haven't reloaded the software to manipulate anything yet. Just have the flasher... I'll have to find time to get that stuff up and running again.
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »

i asked tony if he would update the checksums for revs 4 and 5... then post them back to this thread.
I want more opinions on my tune. How's it running? send me your logs... do a 1/4 mile. FATS. 
data please.

thanks guys the support from this community is amazing.

I have a b5 s4
agentsmith988

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 06:28:34 PM »

I'll give you 91 oct logs as soon those updated files are up!

I realized I have no idea how to really modify the bin files at all, let alone update the checksums. I've only played around with the software, I need to read some more...
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »

I got my checksum plugin fixed, thanks to mtx-electronics.

I've posted up revs 4 and 5 with corrected checksums

Rev 4 is for 91 octane but has only been tested on 93.

Rev 5 is for 93 octane

I don't plan to go any further without tuning it to a specific vehicle... let me know of any issues u find.
I will also make these files without launch control when I get a chance.

I have a b5 s4
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 11:03:01 AM »

I verified checksums in the two files posted with my own checksum software and they are all correct.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 11:21:01 AM »

Thank you sir.

I have a b5 s4
ElementalVoid

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »

I got my checksum plugin fixed, thanks to mtx-electronics.

What was the problem? I'm also using the MTX plugin but have not had any issues. Was it a config problem or is there an updated plugin that I should be looking to get?
judeisnotobscure

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 11:37:52 AM »

I had an older version of tunerpro.  The update came out like a day or 2 after I downloaded the program.1-30-11 or something like that.

I have a b5 s4
agentsmith988

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 12:56:40 PM »

Went ahead and flashed rev 4 onto my stock S4 (I'm running 91 octane). Initial impressions are great! Everything so far has been smooth and seamless, haven't hit a hiccup yet.

When I get some time I'll run some logs. Which blocks do you want logged specifically?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: