Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Hitting 191 load, best way to underscale?  (Read 28316 times)
sn00k

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2013, 12:17:40 PM »

It'll go higher, using the last values in KFMIOP for any load >195

ok, thanks  Smiley

WHAT and HOW should i log when me7logger wont connect?

im very much aware that im tuning blindly here.. and so its a bit of trial'n'error, i can see enough variables thru VCDS to figure out the requested boost wont raise, just need to find what im overlooking.
spent several hours tuning the PID, and the boost is really spot on at all loads.

logging a ton of variables is nice for sure, but not a necessity to solve this.. if rl_w and ps_w are not capped as i thought when posting, then ill just go ahead and raise KFMIRL, stretch KFMIOP axis and further increase LDRXN.. should do the trick.

thanks for all replies, advices and clarifications guys  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 12:19:18 PM by sn00k » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2013, 12:24:37 PM »

Cut the k-line from the ecu and obd port and run a new wire directly to the cable.

I've had luck doing this when I couldn't connect.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
vagenwerk

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2013, 12:42:58 PM »

i have to unplug the 2 cluster fuses and me7logger work , strange but works.
also you need to rise IOP , which prevent  you now from more boost.
sn00k

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »

Cut the k-line from the ecu and obd port and run a new wire directly to the cable.

I've had luck doing this when I couldn't connect.

yeah, i did this on my own car, works like a charm! Grin

..this car, not so much my own, and while it would be great for the tuning, we are allmost done.

the owner is more then satisfied with the car as it is right now, but we did one more quick run, and the MAF-signal "bouncing" seems to be more related to the boost PID stabilizing at 2320mbar, then a load cap, so no worries then, well add more cylindercharge tomorrow..!  Grin
sn00k

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »

thanks for the advice, ill look into it!  Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 01:32:06 PM »

Raising IOP is never a good idea....

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 01:39:57 PM »

You need to log rlmx_w, rlmax_w, and rlsol_w.

I don't see how people are giving advice without this information.
vagenwerk

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 01:46:25 PM »

Raising IOP is never a good idea....

Why ? in many 1.8T 150/180hp IOP ends with 160 , which stops you on max 1bar boost, so what do you advice in this case ?
i always increase iop values and its fine. without increasing IOP in those files i coudn't boost more Sad

BUT-  YES , in standard S3 APX/BAM file i never need to rise IOP more than factory 190 - and always i could boosting to 1.5-1.55bar, normal or not ?

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 01:54:31 PM »

You mean the load axis, or IOP itself?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2013, 02:32:41 PM »

Taking out both fuses for me didn't work... I only took out the first fuse (so that the clock was still showing, but the needles were dead.  If you pull out both (so that the whole cluster will be blank) it might not work.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
savages4

« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2013, 06:10:38 PM »

I've had issue with nefmoto and vagcom not connecting on S4s with bad ABS modules, when this happens I just pull the ABS fuse and it connects again no problem, not sure if this is related but worth a try..
vagenwerk

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 01:25:55 AM »

You mean the load axis, or IOP itself?

I mean load axis only

Taking out both fuses for me didn't work... I only took out the first fuse (so that the clock was still showing, but the needles were dead.  If you pull out both (so that the whole cluster will be blank) it might not work.
One fuse for me wasn't enough in my case, but taking out 2 fuses work good.
sn00k

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 04:34:24 AM »

Why ? in many 1.8T 150/180hp IOP ends with 160 , which stops you on max 1bar boost, so what do you advice in this case ?
i always increase iop values and its fine. without increasing IOP in those files i coudn't boost more Sad

BUT-  YES , in standard S3 APX/BAM file i never need to rise IOP more than factory 190 - and always i could boosting to 1.5-1.55bar, normal or not ?

this is my experience too.. the requested load/boost wont raise above the last axis value.

the file is indeed S3 APX(programmed into a 06A906032AC ecu), but the engine is an earlier 150hp with big-port head etc.. so 1.3bar boost on this one might actually represent higher load then 1.5-1.55 bar on a normal s3 engine.
phila_dot

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2013, 04:56:13 AM »

this is my experience too.. the requested load/boost wont raise above the last axis value.

This makes no sense.

The axis itself isn't going to cap anything. It's the torque value that matters.
sn00k

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2013, 08:51:59 AM »

This makes no sense.

The axis itself isn't going to cap anything. It's the torque value that matters.

i never completely understood the KFMIOP map and its relations, but im sure you are correct phila_dot  Smiley
mind explaining the nature of the KFMIOP map in simple words?

some brainstorming below..  Roll Eyes

KFMIOP seem to represents maximum torque% of the engine at a given load, and the characteristics of the engines torque output itself is set in KFMIRL by specifying the cylindercharges relation to torque..?

following this would mean 204 in my MIRL at 100%, will be capped to 88.7% = ~181 cyl charge once requesting 195 or more.
raising the last column will make the interpolation change and allow higher load.. to a certain point..
raising the MIRL values and correcting the IOP for them should prove more efficient..?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: