Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Not meeting requested boost or requested load MKIV 1.8t AWW (AWP)  (Read 23570 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2013, 01:37:07 AM »

:)The max boost is always limited by the highest value in KFMIOP load axis. Reading 17.5 psi boost means 191.5 load.
You need to rescale load axis in KFMIOP for moore boost (20 psi  ~ 208 load) and adjust torque values to match KFMIRL request loads.

No.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
oldcarguy85

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 08:18:49 AM »

ya i didn't think that was right...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KFMIOP values are Throttle position, so the only way KFMIOP would limit full throttle (assuming your full throttle KFMIRL load is higher than max axis value in KFMIOP) is if the max values in KFMIOP were less than 100% (i think it actually ends up at like 99.7 or something).  Any load from KFMIRL over the max axis value in KFMIOP takes the highest point in KFMIOP, correct?
catbed

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2013, 10:15:57 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but KFMIOP values are Throttle position, so the only way KFMIOP would limit full throttle (assuming your full throttle KFMIRL load is higher than max axis value in KFMIOP) is if the max values in KFMIOP were less than 100% (i think it actually ends up at like 99.7 or something).  Any load from KFMIRL over the max axis value in KFMIOP takes the highest point in KFMIOP, correct?

Values of KFMIOP are %torque, not throttle.
oldcarguy85

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:58 AM »

Values of KFMIOP are %torque, not throttle.
i see -- sorry, I'm sure that's well documented here (and I'm sure i've read it 1000 times already).  Thanks for the input!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »

The output of KFMIOP does not "limit" req boost in ANY WAY that people are saying it does in this thread.

It is used to calculate *actual* internal torque, not a *desired* torque limit.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rufusgti

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 01:29:35 PM »

If you set 100% column in KFMIRL and LDRXN over 208 (allow 20psi) rescale KFMIOP load axis and recalculated %torque according to KFMIRL map! The maximum load axis value must match with max load in LDRXN  if you want to see 20 psi in your boost gauge. Max %torque of your engine is set in last column of KFMIOP  map if LDRXN allow that. This torque (in your case 99.7%) is made with the last value of load axis. In all logging sessions you'll see this.             
oldcarguy85

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »

If you set 100% column in KFMIRL and LDRXN over 208 (allow 20psi) rescale KFMIOP load axis and recalculated %torque according to KFMIRL map! The maximum load axis value must match with max load in LDRXN  if you want to see 20 psi in your boost gauge. Max %torque of your engine is set in last column of KFMIOP  map if LDRXN allow that. This torque (in your case 99.7%) is made with the last value of load axis. In all logging sessions you'll see this.             

Can anyone confirm this?  I don't think this is right.....

I agree, recalculating the KFMIOP table is definitely a good idea , but from what I've read, it doesn't really matter at 100% torque request (provided, of course, the highest values in KFMIOP are set to max).

Again, sorry for my ignorance -- I'm very new to understanding the ME7.
oldcarguy85

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013, 01:42:22 PM »

BTW -- if i remember correctly, the highest axis value for KFMIOP in the file i'm working of is somewhere around 160.  This is well below my requested boost in logs (and actually, my requested boost looks fine, which indicates a boost leak/hardware problem/physical limitation). 

Just to get back to the point of this thread a bit -- i think the reason i'm not hitting target is a mechanical limitation.  What i haven't had time to investigate yet is wether I'm getting timing retard or something like that due to knock.  Could that cause a significant drop in boost? 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013, 01:53:43 PM »

Perhaps there is a limitation in other versions of ME, but in ME7.1 the IOP axis *definitely* has no bearing on rl_max, or any other req load limit.

Yes, if you calibrate it wrong, you might see *torque* intervention.

Perhaps there might be resulting error conditions that cause slow path intervention via load request, but I cannot identify it in the FR. Perhaps prj or phila know if such a thing exists.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2013, 02:38:30 PM »

In MDMAX, rlmax_w and nmot_w are input to KFMIOP giving mimax_w.

mimax_w does limit mifa_w and mifa_w does limit mifal_w before milsol_w.

HOWEVER, KFMIOP's load axis does NOT reflect max load. The map values can limit the torque request, but the axis itself is not a load cap.

If the load axis for KFMIOP maxes at 160 and is filled with 99.2 in all rows, then anytime rlmax_w meets or exceeds 160, the torque request will be limited to 99.2. The torque request gets translated to desired load by KFMIRL and capped by rlmax_w.
phila_dot

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »

BTW -- if i remember correctly, the highest axis value for KFMIOP in the file i'm working of is somewhere around 160.  This is well below my requested boost in logs (and actually, my requested boost looks fine, which indicates a boost leak/hardware problem/physical limitation). 

Just to get back to the point of this thread a bit -- i think the reason i'm not hitting target is a mechanical limitation.  What i haven't had time to investigate yet is wether I'm getting timing retard or something like that due to knock.  Could that cause a significant drop in boost? 

If your desired load is good and WGDC behaves correctly, then your problem is hardware.
phila_dot

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2013, 02:47:49 PM »

Sounds like regurgitation.

Please, can you explain how and why?
rufusgti

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 10:28:18 PM »

Ok! I could be wrong but in my car , a VOLVO S70T5 with ME7.0 max load axis value on KFMIOP was set stock to 180 (~16 psi). LDRXN allow max 165 load. After I changed this value to 195 (KFMIRL >200 in last column) boost did not exceed 16 psi until I made changes in KFMIOP (max load axis value set to 200 and recalculated %torque according to KFMIRL).
Btw , in oldcarguy85 file max LDRXN is set to 160 (~13psi). How can his engine make 17.5 psi Huh

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:32:34 PM by rufusgti » Logged
rufusgti

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 11:07:33 PM »

Look at this tutorial on pages 19,20,21 (logging data and remarks...point "d").     
ddillenger

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2013, 11:26:48 PM »

Look at this tutorial on pages 19,20,21 (logging data and remarks...point "d").     

It's a very pretty document, but that doesn't change the fact that the IOP axis does not limit load. If your spec load is higher than the axis, it will use the last available column.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: