Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Author Topic: N249 Code out  (Read 64153 times)
Snow Trooper

« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2013, 10:50:54 AM »

I am really disappointed with this thread, or rather many people in this thread.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2013, 10:54:07 AM »

Thank you imolasb5 for sharing , I will pm you too.
I dont want to be rude but why you all attacked him.We are not here to judge what he want to do or not ,just show him what to do if we know ,correct ?

As I said in page 2 or somewhere and no one read  it ,Well known homologated VAG teams (including Seat Sport) delete SAI n112 n249 etc. Its is even in the manual in the seat-sport.com homepage.
Some of us (me included) are racing in tracks or sprints.

I read a lot of nonsense here about n249 and I dont want to discuss it ,just stop scaring people Smiley.
Sorry if I offend someone , I dont usually do posts like this but I felt that this was unfair

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2013, 11:14:21 AM »

We are not here to judge what he want to do or not ,just show him what to do if we know ,correct ?

The problem is that as emotions heat up, people confuse trying to educate as judgement. And as I said in my previous post "just answering the question" isn't a good idea if the person asking the question keeps ignoring what others are saying, and insisting that "they just answer the question". Of course the results aren't going to be pretty!

As I said in page 2 or somewhere and no one read  it ,Well known homologated VAG teams (including Seat Sport) delete SAI n112 n249 etc. Its is even in the manual in the seat-sport.com homepage.
Some of us (me included) are racing in tracks or sprints.

Speaking personally, that isn't good enough. I know nobody wants to hear this, but I do not accept arguments from authority. I accept arguments that come from logic and a good  rationale.

Sorry if I offend someone , I dont usually do posts like this but I felt that this was unfair

IMO what happened in this thread is not suprising to me.

Same old tension between "answer the question, don't tell me more" and "but you should know more".

Same old tension between "just do this, don't ask why, i know race teams that do this" and "please explain why".

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »

Nyet you have a point ,yes. I too try to understand what I do and why before I do it .

The problem is this thread will make me think twice before I ask something here again Smiley

Snow Trooper

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 11:18:34 AM »

Yeah I mean the champion motorsports world challenge team and the stasis WCTC team did the same, but wtf did we know?  Just multi million dollar race teams with factory audi and quattro gmbh support that won races, won series, won manufacture titles...

What i am saying is that you cant lambast people with why you think they shouldnt do something.  They are asking for help, you can either help or not help.  I didnt see him asking for advice on if he should, that decision was already made.  How do you know he isnt running after market valves?  How do you know he isnt running a race car that he plans to replace the turbo on every race (btw, that was a false statement about the Audi I5 cars anyway) how do you know that the opinion you are trying to force down his throat is even applicable?

I could say some more about how i feel about a few of you in particular right now.  but i will leave out names, you sure do talk a big game and like to down people with your so called experience a lot.  i deleted the n249 valve in 2005 when i built the worlds fastest/quickest ko4 based turbo 2.7t powered car.  those turbos didnt fail, that car ran fine, so my real world results trump your internet speculative bullshit attitude anyday.  I seriously think you are mostly all talk, you claim to be superior but i personally never heard of you before this site, i have never seen a fast car that was tuned by you so seriously lose the king of tuning attitude.

If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.

cartoons?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »

Speaking personally, that isn't good enough. I know nobody wants to hear this, but I do not accept arguments from authority. I accept arguments that come from logic and a good  rationale.

Ok fine, how about this.  the DV or BOV works off vacuum, without the n249 the vacuum still pulls the valve open.  if your car cant create enough vacuum then you have an issue with your engine or your springs in your valves are not of a proper rate.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:26:35 AM by Snow Trooper » Logged

cartoons?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2013, 11:22:12 AM »

From my perspective (speaking as a novice who is still learning), I would like to know the rationale behind deleting the n249

it really is that simple.

I understand why it is there, but I do not understand why it should be removed.

"well x person runs it" isn't good enough for me.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:38 AM »

The problem is this thread will make me think twice before I ask something here again Smiley

I will do my best to try to defuse things in the future, but no guarantees. As I said, IMO this sort of tension is inevitable with the personalities (self-selecting for "tuners") involved.

ECUx Plot

Snow Trooper

« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:57 AM »

From my perspective (speaking as a novice who is still learning), I would like to know the rationale behind deleting the n249

it really is that simple.

I understand why it is there, but I do not understand why it should be removed.

"well x person runs it" isn't good enough for me.

Because it isnt needed, it is an added system that works well on the factory setup.  When we start to modify these cars even to moderate levels we are changing parts that may affect how it works anyway so why not remove variables and extra components that are not needed?  There is no difficulty in getting the system to work just fine without it and now you have less lines, valves and components to worry about.

This is akin to saying that people shouldnt run more boost, differnet turbos, different injectors because thats not what audi intended.

cartoons?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:17 AM »

I will do my best to try to defuse things in the future, but no guarantees. As I said, IMO this sort of tension is inevitable with the personalities (self-selecting for "tuners") involved.

nye, you know i literally love you, but you set this thread into this direction.  look at the first posts on the first page.

same as when someone asks about running mafless.

also, incase i need to clarify, the un named person i speak of above is not you, but if it at all felt like i was talking about you then...

cartoons?
ddillenger

« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2013, 11:28:51 AM »

Nyet summed my views up very well. If I thought the OP was well informed, I would have answered the question. Having done so in the past, I hate just giving a solution without making sure the consequences (potential or likely) are known and understood.

Ok fine, how about this.  the DV or BOV works off vacuum, without the n249 the vacuum still pulls the valve open.  if your car cant create enough vacuum then you have an issue with your engine.

Noone disputes the car WILL open the DV without the N249, just that it won't be instantaneous at lower RPM's. While I agree detriment in the short term is unlikely, it isn't ideal. The cons outweigh the pros in this instance, and I can't in good conscience advise on how to do it without first satisfying my conscience.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: May 10, 2013, 11:32:23 AM »

This is akin to saying that people shouldnt run more boost, differnet turbos, different injectors because thats not what audi intended.

Hmm. Sorta. I think a more appropriate analogy would be SAI, rear O2 or EGT delete...

And i understand the rationale behind all of them... the EGT delete being the only potentially hazardous mod.

From what I understand about the n249, I still can't understand how removing it would be safe *even though i agree with the concept of keeping things simple* Sad

sorry, maybe I'm just dense.

Perhaps you can just say "well removing the EGT is actually riskier"... and that's that.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #72 on: May 10, 2013, 11:38:32 AM »

you set this thread into this direction.  look at the first posts on the first page.

same as when someone asks about running mafless.

Sure. I will concede that. BUT

It drives me insane, because both questions generally come from people who not only don't know the ramifications, *they actively refuse to even consider them* then get insulted when somebody tries to suggest maybe they should learn more.

Granted, the response is generally accusatory when it comes from me. But I am prejudiced, because i assume that whoever is asking is clueless. Why? Because 99% of the time, it is true. They heard it from somebody who said somebody they know heard somebody does it and it is awesome! Is it any wonder I am demonstrably frustrated?

I will try to be more level headed in the future, but at some point, that would require somebody to prove me wrong. And IMO it won't happen. Those people who already KNOW the ramifications have probably figured out how to do it on their own and wouldn't ask here anyway.

Meh. I will try.

And the rest of your post... i love you to bro.

ECUx Plot

TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #73 on: May 10, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »

Thanks Nyet.

I will speak from expirience only ,not what I read in forums or based on opinions.
Keep in mind I maybe new in maptuning ,but owning a small garage I modify VAG cars -petrols only- the past 7 years.
Racing from 2008 and this October I will race my first Rally sprint race Smiley

Removing N249 in my Seat Leon FR and Ibiza FR (I use Ibiza for trackday use) , I saw an immediate
throttle response when lifting my foot from the gas pedal.I can more easily "play" with my throttle when in/out
of a corner.There is no more boost loss or surging (obviously) when WOT under certain conditions.

I should also mention that removing n249 will not have any effect on turbo ,please if someone can point me out why Turbo should be stressed more..Also ,about DV Spring that is too hard and without N249 ,could not be lifted..Thats also wrong,
I had a Blow off valve in Leon and it lifts even more the spring.You can also hear it in stock DV.It makes no sense that n249 can lift the spring more ,since it takes vacuum also from the same place.

P.S. MY English suck if you can read and understand my points ,congruts and thank you for your parience  Grin

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »

TigersClaw:

Thank you for you response, and for trying to calm things down Smiley

I don't fully understand what you are saying but I think i get the gist of it and i'm trying to digest it now.

ECUx Plot

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: