Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Any Updates on a Logger that runs on Linux?  (Read 4342 times)
trichard3000

« on: June 04, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »

In the absence of a port of ME7L for Linux, has anyone come across a Linux-based logger that is somewhat functional for ME7?  Anything KKL or ELM327 based would work for me.

I'm not enough of a programmer to try to hack together one myself, though I've been reading up on OBD specs to see what it might take.  There's a fair amount of info out there on basic OBD PID programming.  However, I haven't been able to figure out how to get beyond PID's and directly access the ECU addresses that ME7L uses.

With the proliferation of embedded Linux boards like the Raspberry Pi, it seems like the availability of something like this would open up some neat applications.

Thanks for any info that you can share!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 01:17:37 PM »

I wish :/

maybe you can ping tony (nefmoto) and ask politely that he release his logging stuff as open source.

I'd LOVE to start work on a handheld logger.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2013, 04:29:22 PM »

With the proliferation of embedded Linux boards like the Raspberry Pi, it seems like the availability of something like this would open up some neat applications.
I've been having the same thoughts.  Could possibly make an awesome car gauge/cluster replacement/logger whatnot with one of those cheap boards running Linux.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: