Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Over 1 BAR on 996T?  (Read 4632 times)
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« on: June 19, 2013, 08:57:10 AM »

I'm trying to get more then 1 BAR boost on a standard 996 Turbo, but it seems like it only really like to see that kind of boost before the air charge/motor is warmed up.

From what I've read, some people are saying that to consistently get over 1 BAR all the time you need to run upgraded WG actuators.

Does anyone have any experience w/ the 996T?

My logs indicate that I am indeed requesting more boost, and I've made the PID maps for the WGDC quite aggressive once I didn't see an increase after the car warmed up so it must be a hardware issue.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 11:19:00 AM »

Welp, by the looks of it anyone running 1+ BAR consistently has a modded/different WG actuator.

After a few more thoughts I figure the stone cold motor raised boost levels are coming from the fact that the spring inside the actuator is cold and therefore stiffer giving the boost spike.  Once the actuator/spring warms up and becomes softer the party is over and boost falls.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Topspeedwolf

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »

Hi NOTORIOUS VR

Do you have a Definition File ? I am looking for a very long time for a File.
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2013, 04:06:33 PM »

I do. I'll post it later.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
robin

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 11:22:53 AM »

The X50 cars struggle to make over 1 bar, but the standard cars can do it easily.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 12:57:53 PM »

Good to know, thanks! and yeah, more testing last night is starting to reveal that there is a hardware issue on the car.

Even with pinched WG lines the boost did not go past 0.7 BAR... only strange thing is when it's cold it makes 1.1-1.2...

WG feel fine, so next step is to check for boost leaks etc.

Logs show ECU is req more boost and PID values for N75 are @ 95% (although I cannot seem to log actual DC with Durametric), but all signs point to hardware in this case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: