Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: How to fuel once MAP is exceeded  (Read 44606 times)
Rick

« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »

O2s are ignored openloop (desired lambda!=1)
Absolutely not true !!! ME7 cars run closed loop fueling all the time !!!

How is that possible on cars with a narrowband sensor?!

kelesha

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 07:08:01 AM »

How is that possible on cars with a narrowband sensor?!
Made some test and see Wink If you need to know how to done that exactly...... thats the way ----> disconect your O2 sensor(s), made your car to run 15:1 AFR on boost when you request in example 11:1 from software, then connect O2 sensor(s) again and made some WOT drive tests with VCDS Wink
Rick

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 04:01:35 AM »

It will go into a limp mode if you disconnect the the 02, which will limit power - i'd have to look at the block diagram to find out what/how.

That doesn't prove it runs closed loop on boost.  I'm almost certain it doesn't.  Any time it runs closed loop on the S4 it runs lambda 1.  I have disabled closes loop above 1600rpm which lets me run labda 1.1 at cruise for better economy.  On full throttle I still run lambda 0.81 or whatever I ask for. 

Rick
kelesha

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 11:49:36 AM »

It will go into a limp mode if you disconnect the the 02, which will limit power - i'd have to look at the block diagram to find out what/how.
Are you sure ? Because i am not Wink Fault codes for O2 sensors and limp mode with power reduce are different things Smiley

That doesn't prove it runs closed loop on boost.  I'm almost certain it doesn't.  Any time it runs closed loop on the S4 it runs lambda 1.  I have disabled closes loop above 1600rpm which lets me run labda 1.1 at cruise for better economy.  On full throttle I still run lambda 0.81 or whatever I ask for. 
"Disabled closed loop" ? How you done that exactly ? and why then you need lambda sensors connected at all, only to avoid fault codes ?
Rick

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 12:47:00 PM »

I have only disabled closed loop over a certain RPM.  I have left it in place at idle and low rpm as with large injectors this is where fuelling is most unstable.

Rick
kelesha

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 01:51:53 PM »

If you "disable" somehow lambda controll on certain rpms, than you may havent it available on WOT, but normally ECU monitor mixture on whole rpm and load range. On narrow band ECUs that not exactly closed loop like they run for lambda 1, but anyway its some kind of protection and its still available Wink
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 05:41:14 PM »

not exactly closed loop

Not exactly closed loop is like being not exactly pregnant Tongue

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2011, 05:42:27 PM »

Not so on my ECU.

O2 correction is always used.  From idle to WOT.  The beauty of Wideband ME7.5

My mistake, I assumed you were using narrowband sensors and ME7.1.

Apologies!

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
MmmBoost

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2011, 05:43:19 PM »

All good.  Smiley  I appreciate the help anyway.

~Chris
2005 Audi A4 1.8T S-Line Avant
Engine Build Documentary
elRey

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2011, 06:07:26 PM »

Quote from: kelesha
I mean that difference between return and returnless fuel systems when we talk about ME7 software is not only FRLFSDP

I would also like to know the differences beyond FRLFSDP that are needed for a conversion.

Thanks,
Rey
kelesha

« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2011, 12:41:45 AM »

Apologies!
Yes your mistake Wink And i wrote "not exactly" because on WOT correction is not with such hysteresis like for lambda 1, on WOT ECU can monitor only continuous lean/rich condition, in example if you request 11:1 and run 13:1 same time ECU accept that like still rich, but try to run 15:1 or 16:1 on boost when you request 11:1 and see whats going on with lambda correction.....suddenly you will see +25%  Cool

Really thats almost same like "not exactly pregnant"...........
silentbob

« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20:38 AM »

Apologies!
Yes your mistake Wink And i wrote "not exactly" because on WOT correction is not with such hysteresis like for lambda 1, on WOT ECU can monitor only continuous lean/rich condition, in example if you request 11:1 and run 13:1 same time ECU accept that like still rich, but try to run 15:1 or 16:1 on boost when you request 11:1 and see whats going on with lambda correction.....suddenly you will see +25%  Cool

Really thats almost same like "not exactly pregnant"...........

What you see then is a plausibility ceck/fault reaction and has nothing to do with closed loop fueling whatsoever.
Rick

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2011, 06:28:47 AM »

Agreed.  ME7.1 does not run closed loop on WOT!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »

i wrote "not exactly" because on WOT correction is not with such hysteresis like for lambda 1, on WOT ECU can monitor only continuous lean/rich condition, in example if you request 11:1 and run 13:1 same time ECU accept that like still rich, but try to run 15:1 or 16:1 on boost when you request 11:1 and see whats going on with lambda correction.....suddenly you will see +25%

Not on ME7 and narrow bands.

ECUx Plot

kelesha

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2011, 02:13:55 PM »

Not on ME7 and narrow bands.
No, situation what i explain is exactly from ME7 with narrow bands Wink
But if you preffer to believe that on narrow band cars ECU dont monitor the mixture when request lambda different from 1, then ok i havent problem with that  Cool
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: