Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ECUxPlot car profiles  (Read 10913 times)
vtraudt

« on: July 04, 2013, 06:11:34 AM »

I am now using ECUxPlot as a convenient method to 'view' logged data.
I would like to further make use of some of the nice features in ECUxPlot, calculating/displaying 'calculated' values.

Is there a place were uses have uploaded their assembled 'car profiles'?

I am looking for (in order of priority):

a) C5 Allroad manual
b) B5 A4 AWD 1.8T manual
c) B6 A4 AWD 1.8T manual (Avant?)
d) C5 Allroad auto
e) B5 A4 AWD 1.8T auto

2002 Allroad 2.7T 6spd stage 2
1998 A4 1.8T 5spd stage 3
1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
dokalanyi

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 02:36:12 AM »

Hey vtaudt,
Did you ever get these? Would be interested in Passat B5 profile.
vtraudt

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 04:37:50 AM »

No, nothing.
Worse: 2 days ago, ECUxPlot did not start. Non manually, not using 'open with...' on the logged CSV.
Uninstalled.
Downloaded latest.
Nothing.
Again, this time as 'administrator'.
Nothing.
Can't get ECUxPlot to run anymore.
Windows 7 64 bit.

Any suggestions? Never had problems with ECUxPlot

1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
royce5950

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 05:10:54 AM »

Well have you tried right clicking the program and changing the compatibility setting? try running in compatibility for vista. Also, after doing so, try and right click the program and run as administrator. One more thing, go into your file directory and do everything I mentioned about, but try and run the program from the actual installation directory C:\Program Files (x86)...

Hopefully that works.

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
adam-

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 08:19:01 AM »

Update Java.
royce5950

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 09:15:07 AM »

I second that motion. I'd post link but trying to juggle too many tasks right now. JUST MAKE SURE ITS DOWNLOADED FROM JAVA, not another site! Java is similar to Adobe Flash Player in regards to how often hackers use the program as a way to hide backdoors and other malicious little bugs... Often times they will take the latest update of a piece of software that a large number of people use (such as flash) and they will often times alter the setup package to include whatever shit they are trying to hide in there. Usually they will break down the setup files contents using something like ultraiso, then they will throw their backdoor, hack, registry edit in with all of the original setup files. After they do that they repackage the setup and name it (for example) Adobe_Flash_Player_FirmwareUpdt22r.exe.

Now when someone goes to an untrustworthy site like "devicedriversRus.nt" or "udownloaditwedestroyu.com" and downloads what they think is a java update, they are actually running the risk of getting a lot more than they bargained for. Now, keep in mind your not always going to get some catastrophic meltdown of a virus in a repackaged software setup .exe file... Most of the time a "hacker" creates a repackaged setup, they are including some sort of adware or in other words "bloatware". The same shit HP, Lenovo, Gateway, Acer... Every big name computer manufacturer includes pre-loaded on their over the counter computers. Seriously, often times they are no different at all. The issue is other hackers will find backdoors through the bloatware and utilize that to infiltrate your system. Because nobody is out there providing any sort of security updates for HP Shopping center, or Lenovo Family Game Store, They pose a serious security risk to your system. And before windows 10 a lot of bloatware from big name computer companies would be given special registry permissions right out of the gate to make it easier for big name computer companies to basically do whatever the hell they want to with the files stored on your computer (mainly though it was to go one step further than what the bloatware already did by tracking your activity and behaviors in the bloatware) but a few years back before google patented "advertising IDs" within your android/google accounts, big name computer companies recorded your behaviors on your PC like how often you use the computer, what sites you visit most, what you mainly use your computer for... and they would not only use the data for their own R&D but also after they've analyzed it, They would sell the data to hundreds of companies doing their own R&D and the computer companies would make millions. Its one of the reasons gateway went bankrupt and Acer had to buy them out.

Aaaaanyways Good luck!  Cheesy

Purchase Tuned Files Ready To Be FlashedFor Audi / VW 1.8T & 2.0T Engines ➡️ TUNEDBYV3@GMAIL.COM
vtraudt

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 02:07:56 PM »

I am now using ECUxPlot as a convenient method to 'view' logged data.
I would like to further make use of some of the nice features in ECUxPlot, calculating/displaying 'calculated' values.

Is there a place were uses have uploaded their assembled 'car profiles'?

I am looking for (in order of priority):

a) C5 Allroad manual
b) B5 A4 AWD 1.8T manual
c) B6 A4 AWD 1.8T manual (Avant?)
d) C5 Allroad auto

Insert:
f) B6 1.8T AWD manual

1996 A4 2.8 auto stock
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 02:11:03 PM »

You know you can just make one, right? There isnt much in there.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dokalanyi

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 04:42:36 AM »

You can get some of the info from SSPs:

I was able to get the drag coefficient, and approximate frontal area, weight (noticed my logbook/car reg book, likely has wrong weight!)

SSPs for some cars here: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/index4_eng.php

I found my Passat B5.5 SSP here: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_251_d1.pdf

Fuel injector sizes here: http://euroturbo.net/product-info/vw-1-8t-engines-stock-components/1-8t-oem-fuel-injector-index/

Missing variables now:
RPM per MPH, drivetrain loss, MAF Diameter.

MAF Diameter should have like 2 values. 4 Cylinders probably have the same diameter, 5 & 6 also have the same values. Not sure though

Kind regards,
royce5950

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2016, 09:07:07 AM »

I'm not putting much thought into this at all but when I read RPM per MPH I think of this, ___ revolutions occured within 1 minutes time, now multiply that value by 60?  Embarrassed

lol I'm sure thats not even worthy of being flamed but if that is right then yay lol

royce5950

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2016, 09:15:52 AM »

In all seriousness though, this should atleast help you achieve the rpm per mph part... Start by putting 3.14 in your calculator. Boom easy... Now your going to want to turn diameter to a circumference. Next you'll enter "rotational speed"... Basically if rotational speed equals 20 RPM then your going to put in 20. Next enter 60 because now all you need to do is X by 60 and this will allow you to turn FPM into FPH. F being feet of course.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »

In all seriousness though, this should atleast help you achieve the rpm per mph part... Start by putting 3.14 in your calculator. Boom easy... Now your going to want to turn diameter to a circumference. Next you'll enter "rotational speed"... Basically if rotational speed equals 20 RPM then your going to put in 20. Next enter 60 because now all you need to do is X by 60 and this will allow you to turn FPM into FPH. F being feet of course.

You're overthinking this.

Get into third.

Hold it at 4000 rpm (or 3000, or whatever).

Now, look at any GPS device. Even cellphones have GPS utilities that show speed.

Not only that, but your math is completely wrong. It isn't asking for the RPM of your wheels, that is entirely useless.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
royce5950

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2016, 07:50:10 PM »

Oh I agree, I don't think OP is going to achieve much on his mission trying to figure all this stuff out.. I think its a waste of time personally, but I figured I'd atleast try and help him figure out whatever it is that hes ultimately trying to achieve.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2016, 08:22:51 PM »

I don't think it is a waste of time at all.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: