Pages: [1]
Author Topic: need help with memory layout  (Read 9547 times)
zak d

« on: July 27, 2013, 07:18:44 AM »

I apologize first off. im very new to this. I was looking through the wiki for my memory layout for my ecm but I could not find one. was just wondering if someone knew.

thanks zak
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 07:52:54 AM »

29f800bb

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
zak d

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »

thank you
zak d

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 08:13:03 AM »

just tried and did not work. have log for reference.

Validated FTDI device is in dumb mode.
Disconnected
Connecting...
Starting slow init connection.
Connecting to address 0x01.
Slow init succeeded.
Switching to KWP2000 session.
Connected
Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
ECU reports programming session preconditions have been met.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Starting diagnostic session.
Successfully started diagnostic session.
Negotiating communication timings.
Successfully changed to new communication timings.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00900000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Reading ECU flash memory failed. Trying to force ECU to recognize read operation is complete.
Finished forcing ECU to recognize that failed read operation is complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
100% complete.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

any one have any thoughts
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2013, 08:22:22 AM »

My thought is your ecu is already tuned.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
zak d

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2013, 09:33:43 AM »

is there any way to make certain that it is because the vehicle has never been modified other than by me. it was just a family car before I got it and ive seen no signs of a modified ecm.
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »

29F800BB is the layout. Open the ecu up, verify it has the stock eprom, then just flash a stock file to it. I can provide one. After that reading and writing should be no problem.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Igor_VDM

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 06:02:12 PM »

Hello,

My name is Igor and I am new here. Didn´t want to open a new thread as basically my question is the same. I am looking for a memory layout for my car.
I live in Brazil and own a 2001 German B5.5 Audi A4 2.4 30v V6 (gasoline naturally aspirated APS engine). The ECU is a 3B0907552AD.
I own a genuine ross-tech Hex-CAN-USB cable and have already connected to my car´s ECU using NefMoto without any issues. But I didn´t want to try the layouts at random and destroy something.

I would like to read my ECU eeprom and would be glad if anyone would help me by checking if my CEL was deactivated in the ECU software. My CEL (MIL) is not working at all, even when codes are thrown. When performing output tests via VCDS the CEL comes on, but it never comes on when I turn the ignition on. I also noticed another sympton recently, though codes are thrown, when I check as normal OBD2 (in VCDS), no DTCs appear, even though they are present in the engine module. And my car gives ready to pass even with disconnected O2 sensors, and VCDS shows a MIL off message.
This is the fourth Audi A4 V6 that I see with a deactivated CEL, so I think it is very common to do that, specially because A4s are very rare here. Just don´t know who would do that, as people here barely know how to retrieve DTCs...
Remark I checked wiring, and they all seemed untouched. I am not 100% sure that the CEL signal comes along with the CAN-BUS or not.

By the way, if anybody checks my file after I get it, please don´t think that my fuel trims are strange as our gasoline here is very bad and contains anything between 22 to 30% anhydrous alcohol. So mixture must be richer and my car was officially imported ny Audi, so it was adapted by Audi itself (or supposed to be). In the fuel mixture (channel #10) I can see a 179 instead of 128. Not sure if that´s the only change. Value is locked though.

Regards and thanks in advance!
Igor.
jackson.amrol@gmail.com

"you sir are an animal"

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 07:40:25 PM »

Wait... Igor, you mean your car drinks like I do?! Good Lawd, semi random, and slightly non-nonsensical pm sent.

Lost, No.. My minds around here somewhere..
Shh, I'm calling my mom.. "It's 3AM" SHH!
Mom, is there such a thing as kosher pork?
"I'm not bailing you out tonight"...
Igor_VDM

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2013, 08:21:52 AM »

Hi Jack,

Thanks a lot! I Just knew it was a ME7.xx, but there were no information on outside sticker.
Opened the ECU and found the memory layout. It is ME7 29F800BB
First attempt to read failed, for apparently no reason. Computer stuff... Second attempt, with no changes, succeeded in less than 4 minutes. Now I have the 1024kb bin file.

I will study more about the deactivated CEL issue. But I will surely need some help, as I don't feel secure to write anything modified by me at this point. So any help is apreciated.

Regards and thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: