Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Author Topic: Ford Racing 60lb EV14's 0280158298  (Read 75178 times)
ddillenger

« Reply #75 on: June 02, 2014, 09:54:01 AM »

Yep, they are in the tank nestled in the stock basket. I had a local machine shop make a bracket. I'll see if I can get another done.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #76 on: June 02, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »

Yep, they are in the tank nestled in the stock basket. I had a local machine shop make a bracket. I'll see if I can get another done.

That would be awesome. Any pics of what they did? Was is all made from scratch (assuming aluminum) or some re-do of stock parts?

When I measured it in the past, it would have to be from scratch since the fit would be quite tights with pumps being so fat on the bottom (if the tops were to be parallel, if not, then it wouldn't be that tight up top).
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 10:28:01 AM by julex » Logged
julex

« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2014, 08:00:56 AM »

the company that tested them said, fuel temperature can make upto a 3% difference in flow rates as density varies with temp of fuel and also fuel used ie gravity of it.. 3% of 600 is obviously 18cc so I guess anywhere around the 600-610cc is possible.

Nice to know about the fuel spray, may make one injector seem faulty if not installed correctly, do you have picture of the flow pattern.

I didn't have a chance to do it and not inclined to re-rig the rail etc... But if you look at this video, this is exactly how these spray (same as 550 in video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f6noNVMq9o

To compare unmolested Ev14 vs molested (drill outs), look at 4th  and 2nd injector spray pattern respectively:

And remember that there is also a bend in the axis of spray pattern that forces the two streams to air directly at the intake valves vs straight shooters going straight and hitting intake port wall, on the most part.

This is what you want from injector fitting application (like RS4 injector or Ev14 ORIENTED PROPERLY):

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:10:40 AM by julex » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2014, 01:12:35 AM »

It just dawned on me that you'll be running 120+psi absolute fuel pressure. From what I recall, That's the very maximum they can handle (I've heard of one bursting at 130psi).

Thoughts?

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
tjwasiak

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2014, 04:45:54 PM »

I do not think his going to hit 120+ psi as it is over 8 bar! Even with 5 bar pressure regulator he would need 3 bar of boost to be near 120psi...
julex

« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2014, 06:24:08 PM »

It just dawned on me that you'll be running 120+psi absolute fuel pressure. From what I recall, That's the very maximum they can handle (I've heard of one bursting at 130psi).

Thoughts?

I settled at 5.5 bar (80psi) and already did some WOT pulls, nothing blew up [Smiley]. I hit something to the tune of 112psi on rail.
ddillenger

« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2014, 10:06:29 PM »

I do not think his going to hit 120+ psi as it is over 8 bar! Even with 5 bar pressure regulator he would need 3 bar of boost to be near 120psi...

He had said he was going to settle at 6 bar base fuel pressure, plus 34 psi boost (big turbo).

120psi is definitely possible.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2014, 05:35:24 AM »

He had said he was going to settle at 6 bar base fuel pressure, plus 34 psi boost (big turbo).

120psi is definitely possible.

DEfinitely, luckily 5.5bar did the trick Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2014, 10:01:54 AM »

DEfinitely, luckily 5.5bar did the trick Smiley

I would still carry a fire extinguisher. I've seen one of the 550's burst at 7bar at altitude.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
julex

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2014, 10:06:49 AM »

I would still carry a fire extinguisher. I've seen one of the 550's burst at 7bar at altitude.

I do carry one.
tjwasiak

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2014, 10:08:08 AM »

I understand you are looking for cheapest possible solution but if you need to run nearly double fuel pressure it's time to look for real injectors!

BTW. If you hope standard 1/2kg car fire extinguisher is of any use you should try to use on cigarette and then change your mind Cheesy
julex

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »

I understand you are looking for cheapest possible solution but if you need to run nearly double fuel pressure it's time to look for real injectors!

BTW. If you hope standard 1/2kg car fire extinguisher is of any use you should try to use on cigarette and then change your mind Cheesy

You need to read what I wrote through the thread to understand why I want unmodified injectors. It has to do with molested/aftermarket injectors having completely inadequate spray patterns for 2.7t. I see vast improvements in idle/low load driving with these over 1000cc EV14 (drilled out).

5.5bar is not even 1.5 times the stock pressure (of 4 bar). 5bar FPRs are in wide use on so called stage 3- along with 22psi+ of boost  turbos so I am not charting completely unknown waters here.

Bosch indicates these to be used with up to 8bar of pressure.
tjwasiak

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »

I did not mean any drilled injectors but new and original Bosch units.
Here in Europe it is not normal to use anything more then stock pressure, I have seen cars with pressure lowered to 3 bar regulators. Why? Just because it is easier for the fuel pump to maintain flow at lower pressure. It is easier for injectors to work at such pressure even when running at more then 2 bar of boost. It is much more common to see 1500cc injectors then 5 or 5,5 or even 6 bar pressure regulators.
julex

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2014, 10:32:03 AM »

I did not mean any drilled injectors but new and original Bosch units.
Here in Europe it is not normal to use anything more then stock pressure, I have seen cars with pressure lowered to 3 bar regulators. Why? Just because it is easier for the fuel pump to maintain flow at lower pressure. It is easier for injectors to work at such pressure even when running at more then 2 bar of boost. It is much more common to see 1500cc injectors then 5 or 5,5 or even 6 bar pressure regulators.

I understand.

There are no "new and original units" that spray the pattern 117/298 do. Anything approaching 1000cc from Bosch factory is either custom stuff (unaffordable) that could have what we need for spray pattern or generic stuff (still expensive!) that has straight spray pattern. I did my research.

The trend to go with low pressure FPRs is purely due to, what you noticed yoruself, fuel pump consideration and nothing else. That is not a factor here.

It is a fact that higher pressure = better atomization and that equals less knock, better MPG and more complete burning which are all benefits. I even noticed that on my own car after running 1000cc and these, 1000cc at 3bar and these at 5.5bar. After some tuning (so that idle, low and medium loads see perfect trims) and changing nothing else, I had to lower KFLF table for WOT as I was running very rich with these vs old ones. My theory is that atomization with poorly working 1000cc at low pressure were spraying huge (in comparions) droplets of fuel which had no chance to completely burn so I had to squirt more fuel than needed to reach proper AFRs. With original 298s, I went super rich after the swap indicating that fuel is burning more completely leaving very little oxygen so I had to subtract the fuel.

Also look at what real race cars are running, nobody does 3 or 4 bars, they run as high fpr as possible for the above mentioned benefits. Ofc TFSI is the real deal, there is nothing like squirting at 120bar Smiley
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2014, 11:13:13 AM »

Julex, i'm trying to update the s4wiki injector page again:

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Fuel_injectors

can you take another look and help me fill in the blanks (or verify the numbers?)

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
  Print  

Jump to: