Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
Author Topic: TCU, TIP Chip, automatic transmission tuning, reading writing etc.  (Read 167853 times)
prj

« Reply #225 on: May 02, 2017, 05:10:33 PM »

Hello everybody,

Please if someone has it, I need the original file from Boxster TCU 0260 002 840. I need it because I changed the engine and the engine ECU from ME 7.2 to ME7.8min on a boxster. I cannot obtain more than 50% torque and I think it is limited by the old version of TCU ECU (0260 002 561 - made for ME7.2). I can easily write it by desoldering the memory. The hardware of the two ECU's is the same.

I opened a thread on this (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12429.0title=) but no one seems to know the answer.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Your problem is not TCU, but ECU. You are grasping at straws.
You need to bring the car to someone who understands ME7 properly, and they will figure it out in a day at most.

Can't really suggest anyone in Romania. I have some people I sometimes do work for there, but no one I know that is well versed enough in ME7 to help you.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
videovox

« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2017, 11:49:05 PM »

Thanks a lot for your answer. But you can understand that in this situation I am forced to try and fix it myself, with the knowledge I have and some help from others which know much more than me.
If you have any idea of what I can try or log or change the ecu firmware to better diagnosing the problem, I will be very grateful. I have winols with all data about this ecu and I am familiar with reading/writing/checksum of the ecu.
Thanks again.
prj

« Reply #227 on: May 03, 2017, 02:01:08 AM »

Start by logging ignition advance and throttle opening.
If the throttle is wide open and the timing is decent, your problem is mechanical.

Log your car properly.
videovox

« Reply #228 on: May 03, 2017, 05:45:34 AM »

You can find attached the log I made. It includes the items you requested. Besides throttle angle and timing advance seems ok, the torque is limited at 50%. That is why I thought that the problem may come from external limiter, like the TCU.

Thanks.
prj

« Reply #229 on: May 03, 2017, 02:39:01 PM »

You can find attached the log I made. It includes the items you requested. Besides throttle angle and timing advance seems ok, the torque is limited at 50%. That is why I thought that the problem may come from external limiter, like the TCU.

Thanks.

That's a joke not a log. You pushed pedal WOT for 1000 rpm.
Anyway there is no problem in ECU. Your engine does not have any flow at WOT, that's what the problem is.

Log your car properly.
videovox

« Reply #230 on: May 04, 2017, 03:00:04 AM »

Ok, thanks a lot. I will check thoroughly all the air admission system and let you know.
videovox

« Reply #231 on: May 07, 2017, 11:42:51 AM »

Hello again,

Today I worked all day to check the air intake system. Removed completely all the parts, up to the cylinder entrance. Found nothing at all to consider as a problem. Checked again all gaskets, changed MAF for testing, checked the parts codes. All are pair with the engine ECU, no air restrictions, no leaks.

Tried to disconnect MAF and reset the adaptation values. Tried also to disconnect all tubes before throttle plate and let the engine work without air filter and MAF (electrically disconnected also). Besides the normal CEL, the engine has the same restriction in torque.

I really don't know what I can do next. Any help would be appreciated...

Also again, if someone has the flash for TCU 0260 002 840 please give it to me. Even it is not a TCU problem, this is the software that is designed to work with my engine ECU and I would like to try it.

Thanks to prj and to all!
videovox

« Reply #232 on: May 12, 2017, 11:56:48 AM »

Hello prj,

You were right! There was not enough air for the engine. But the cause was that the Variocam Plus was not working well, the valve lift is not enabled in the software version I have. Now I am trying to find a method of enabling it.
I started a new topic for this at
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12564.0title=

Thanks again, you were the one which gave me the hint for diagnosing the problem.
MidEng64

« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2017, 10:42:43 AM »

Hello,

I joined the forum for this specific topic. Then it took me a while to locate the topic again before I could talk with you guys.

I have a project I'm planning for.
I'm using a 5sp Tiptronic (ZF 5HP19) A87.21 from a 3.4L Cayman. in another car with a LS Motor and doing it as a mid-engine.  The trans will work fine with the stock Chevy LS1. 

I have a Bosch TCM and the engine/trans wiring harness.
I was planning to replace the Bosch TCM with a stand alone unit from PCS (Powertrain Control Solutions) but they couldn't supply me with the firmware that Porsche uses due to licensing agreements. So then the plan was to pull the firmware off the TCM I had and put that on the PCS TCM2800.

I'm full of questions...  Is there a reason I couldn't use the Bosch TCM I already have?  I know the 3.4L was a 6 cylinder but the tans doesn't know that. What I don't know is what engine inputs are supplied to the TCM so it knows what it needs to work correctly. 

I also Plan to use a stand alone ECU with the LS1 that has connections for the TCM to connect into it so they can talk nice-nice to each other. There again I need to know what the TCM needs to see from the engine/ECU so I can make sure  That is what it gets.

Any assistance would be a huge help..

Thx,
Kevin
MyTunes

« Reply #234 on: July 23, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

Hello,

I joined the forum for this specific topic. Then it took me a while to locate the topic again before I could talk with you guys.

I'm using a 5sp Tiptronic (ZF 5HP19) A87.21 from a 3.4L Cayman. in another car with a LS Motor and doing it as a mid-engine.  The trans will work fine with the stock Chevy LS1. 

I was planning to replace the Bosch TCM with a stand alone unit from PCS (Powertrain Control Solutions) but they couldn't supply me with the firmware that Porsche uses due to licensing agreements. So then the plan was to pull the firmware off the TCM I had and put that on the PCS TCM2800.

I'm full of questions...  Is there a reason I couldn't use the Bosch TCM I already have?  I know the 3.4L was a 6 cylinder but the tans doesn't know that. What I don't know is what engine inputs are supplied to the TCM so it knows what it needs to work correctly. 

I also Plan to use a stand alone ECU with the LS1 that has connections for the TCM to connect into it so they can talk nice-nice to each other. There again I need to know what the TCM needs to see from the engine/ECU so I can make sure  That is what it gets.

Thx,
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I would suggest at a minimum to use the 5HP24 trans versus the 5HP19. The 24 has more robust components inside versus the 19.

In order to use the stock bosch TCM you would have to be able to send and receive can bus communication with the stand alone controller that you are using for the LS.
As I don't think that is possible a stand alone trans controller is probably your only option.

No room in there for say a 6l80 from a corvette with the rear dif?
That would be much much easier from a programming stand point with HP tuners and would probably also eliminate the need of the stand alone ECU as you could just use a newer LS controller like an E38
Cloudforce

« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2018, 03:50:24 AM »

Hello,

Thx,
Kevin

Hello Kevin,

could you upload the flash content of that porsche tcu? i´ve tried pretty much to get my hands on one of these without success and i would like to give it a go in IDA.

For reference, here´s what gets broadcasted from the ecu to the tcu over can bus.
adam-

« Reply #236 on: January 04, 2020, 03:44:50 PM »

Huge thread bump, but was there much more progress after this?  My E39 525D has a bad habit of downshifting when torque/load increases at hills.  I'd like to try and keep the torque converter locked up so that it remains in 5th gear, but I'm not too sure how.

Does anyone have any advice for this?  I've read through the EDC15 funk but there's not too much in it.  Do I need to flash the TCU or am I able to trick the TCU about the engine torque? 
MyTunes

« Reply #237 on: January 04, 2020, 04:16:24 PM »

Huge thread bump, but was there much more progress after this?  My E39 525D has a bad habit of downshifting when torque/load increases at hills.  I'd like to try and keep the torque converter locked up so that it remains in 5th gear, but I'm not too sure how.

Does anyone have any advice for this?  I've read through the EDC15 funk but there's not too much in it.  Do I need to flash the TCU or am I able to trick the TCU about the engine torque? 
What trans is in it?
adam-

« Reply #238 on: January 05, 2020, 03:32:37 AM »

What trans is in it?
I believe it's a ZF 5HP24 but I'd need to check.  Small green sticker on the base.  Software number is 7518307 in INPA.
Cloudforce

« Reply #239 on: January 05, 2020, 03:40:37 AM »

I believe it's a ZF 5HP24 but I'd need to check.  Small green sticker on the base.  Software number is 7518307 in INPA.
According to BMW Fans info i´d say it´s the 5L50 GM gearbox, which uses a GS20.
You´re lucky, there is currently progress in the MS4x dev team ;-)

Will take sometime until a get a test mule, but there is high hope Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18
  Print  

Jump to: