Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Author Topic: TCU, TIP Chip, automatic transmission tuning, reading writing etc.  (Read 177998 times)
Jerry Tunin

« Reply #150 on: May 26, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »

The Audi dealers can flash reprogram the TCU over OBD, I don't understand why this method is being ignored here. It seems to me that using the same protocol used to perform the pass through flash reprograming would allow access to the flash eeprom hex dump and subsequent flashing of a modified .bin back to the eeprom. Am I missing something fundamental here?

I think it's more a matter of enough demand for this feature and research from the community rather than whether or not it can be done.

ddillenger

« Reply #151 on: May 26, 2015, 01:39:26 PM »

The Audi dealers can flash reprogram the TCU over OBD, I don't understand why this method is being ignored here. It seems to me that using the same protocol used to perform the pass through flash reprograming would allow access to the flash eeprom hex dump and subsequent flashing of a modified .bin back to the eeprom. Am I missing something fundamental here?

I don't have a tip car. Noone else seems to care where this goes, and I have put a ton of work in already. I'm more than happy to just BDM it. Takes 2 minutes, no risk of a crash, etc.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
Lauria112

« Reply #152 on: August 20, 2015, 01:43:32 AM »

Thanks DD for your work on this, karma sent. I might shoot you with PM as I have time to check the TCU version of my car. I have european Audi A6 2.7TT Tip and I have been curious to see if there can be any improvement on Tip as I plan to tune for E85 and stage 1 during this autumn
ddillenger

« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2015, 10:34:03 AM »

I would very much love someone to do some testing for me.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2015, 09:25:24 AM »

Thanks DD for your work on this, karma sent. I might shoot you with PM as I have time to check the TCU version of my car. I have european Audi A6 2.7TT Tip and I have been curious to see if there can be any improvement on Tip as I plan to tune for E85 and stage 1 during this autumn

There is a least one german tuner who´s capable of modifying the tcu. Unfortunally he´s pretty quiet on how to reverse-engineer it.

At least its a good sign to see someone already did it. Just a matter of time and hard work until we can tune it.
ddillenger

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2015, 06:00:56 PM »

There is a least one german tuner who´s capable of modifying the tcu. Unfortunally he´s pretty quiet on how to reverse-engineer it.

At least its a good sign to see someone already did it. Just a matter of time and hard work until we can tune it.

I am super capable at this moment. The only thing that is still out of my grasp are torque converter clutch diagnostic limits, but even that won't be long. I just need a car to emulate with a bad tc.

Anyone that wants to try some tip tuning, happy to shoot some files your way.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
k0mpresd

« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »

i sent you an email about this yesterday i believe. Smiley
Cloudforce

« Reply #157 on: August 25, 2015, 10:57:30 AM »

I am super capable at this moment. The only thing that is still out of my grasp are torque converter clutch diagnostic limits, but even that won't be long. I just need a car to emulate with a bad tc.

Anyone that wants to try some tip tuning, happy to shoot some files your way.

You´re files are probably pretty different to mine (BMW vs. Audi), so i´m probably not much help. Nevertheless, if you wanna share something usefull to work with IDA, i´m more then willing to listen. Otherwise i need to wait until MSS54 guys are starting to develop open source.
ddillenger

« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2015, 04:23:07 PM »

You´re files are probably pretty different to mine (BMW vs. Audi), so i´m probably not much help. Nevertheless, if you wanna share something usefull to work with IDA, i´m more then willing to listen. Otherwise i need to wait until MSS54 guys are starting to develop open source.

They are very similar. Shit, I've adjusted my Range Rover tcu as well to eliminate the partial lockup.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #159 on: August 25, 2015, 11:59:25 PM »

They are very similar. Shit, I've adjusted my Range Rover tcu as well to eliminate the partial lockup.

If so, send me a file for testing at MS43info at yahoo.com and i´m more then willing to give it a test.

Changed differential is my biggest concern as there is software for my 3.91:1 over the stock 3.38:1
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 12:03:59 AM by Cloudforce » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #160 on: August 26, 2015, 12:09:29 AM »

Did you read your tcu yet? The BMW's are easy as you can use something like BMWscanner to read raw binary. Send it to me, let me take a look.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #161 on: August 26, 2015, 01:36:31 AM »

Did you read your tcu yet? The BMW's are easy as you can use something like BMWscanner to read raw binary. Send it to me, let me take a look.

For shure i did Wink

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=453.msg58926#msg58926

First read is with shorter diff, like 3.73:1, second the exact same car just with stock diff (guess its ~3.15:1) and third read is from Z4 which should be a bit more sporty.
n0ble

« Reply #162 on: August 26, 2015, 01:42:07 AM »

Daz, what about F series BMW. Any idea how to read the TCU ZF8HP70?
ddillenger

« Reply #163 on: August 26, 2015, 10:44:44 AM »

Daz, what about F series BMW. Any idea how to read the TCU ZF8HP70?

Would need to see it. Pics? Is that mechatronic?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Cloudforce

« Reply #164 on: August 26, 2015, 11:06:33 AM »

From ZF6HP the control unit is build in the transmission. I don´t know if the software is changeable within a reasonable amount of work and time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
  Print  

Jump to: