Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Golf R32, how to sort boost fueling..?  (Read 20589 times)
sn00k

« on: September 15, 2013, 02:58:13 PM »

had a look in the R32 definition files, and i realize im not very familiar with the way these ME7.1.1 works regarding fueling.. (022906032CN)
any pointers as how to sort boost fueling using i.e KFLBTS for these ecus that are set up for n/a?

i.e the stock KFMIOP map dont exceed 100%..?
the KFMIRL map on the other hand is up to 120ish..
and also the KFPED is 120ish %, which i never see on other me7s.

as of right now, theres no fueling at all once the boost sets in, lambda raises untill missfire.

any pointers/ideas would be appreciated Smiley
Brumbassen

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:46:09 AM »

had a look in the R32 definition files, and i realize im not very familiar with the way these ME7.1.1 works regarding fueling.. (022906032CN)
any pointers as how to sort boost fueling using i.e KFLBTS for these ecus that are set up for n/a?

i.e the stock KFMIOP map dont exceed 100%..?
the KFMIRL map on the other hand is up to 120ish..
and also the KFPED is 120ish %, which i never see on other me7s.

as of right now, theres no fueling at all once the boost sets in, lambda raises untill missfire.

any pointers/ideas would be appreciated Smiley

i have a file that works with turbo on this ecu if you want to have a look in at it pm me
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 12:02:46 PM »

I'd be interested in hearing how to fuel a turbo car on an NA ME7 ECU as well.. would be an interesting discussion I think.

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 12:16:52 PM »

I'd be interested in hearing how to fuel a turbo car on an NA ME7 ECU as well.. would be an interesting discussion I think.

I don't see how fueling is any different NA to FI in this case.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
sn00k

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 12:25:57 PM »

well.. obviously the n/a ecus are set up differently regarding KFMIRL, KFMIOP, KFPED.. LAMFA..
theres no PID present.. nothing regarding boost or boost control.. no MAP-sensor etc.

im curious if its as simple as undercaling the MAF to make 240hp worth of air represent 50% load instead of 100%, and then scale the fueling by the same amount..

OR, if its possible to extend the KFMIOP beyond 100% load capability.. (and lots of other maps obviously)

any info/ideas on the topic would be appreciated ddillenger, and anyonbe else with experience on the topic ofc Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »

Well you had asked about fueling in the OP, which is the same between NA and FI ME7's. Load on the other hand....

The R32 OLS I have is missing LAMFA. Defining it how I normally would is obviously not correct. If you have the proper info I can help.

But, the mainstream tuners appear to be rescaling the BTS axis and using that as primary fueling.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 01:31:01 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
sn00k

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 02:31:59 PM »

well.. the fueling strategy is obviously not the same here.. and the LAMFA map is nowhere to be found.. hmm..
a definition for this ECU would help tremendously.

adjusting the BTS map and axis is obviously easy.. but wont help a thing as the fueling runs dry as soon as boost kicks in.
the problem here is how to get the ECU to accept more airflow then ~190ish g/sec.. (100% load), and how to extend this so it accepts and adds fuel up to 380g/s+, as said, any ideas are welcome =)
ddillenger

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 02:49:31 PM »

well.. the fueling strategy is obviously not the same here.. and the LAMFA map is nowhere to be found.. hmm..
a definition for this ECU would help tremendously.

adjusting the BTS map and axis is obviously easy.. but wont help a thing as the fueling runs dry as soon as boost kicks in.
the problem here is how to get the ECU to accept more airflow then ~190ish g/sec.. (100% load), and how to extend this so it accepts and adds fuel up to 380g/s+, as said, any ideas are welcome =)

I haven't looked at your file, but I've found LAMFA in every R32 file I've seen relatively easy. That, and how does BTS enrichment fail when boost kicks in?

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
prj

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 03:03:26 PM »

How about you start by fixing the hardware on the car before you go to the ECU?
Log lamsbg_w, more than likely there is nothing wrong with it.

There is absolutely no difference between NA and FI tuning for this, BTDT many times.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
ddillenger

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 03:08:27 PM »

There is absolutely no difference between NA and FI tuning for this, BTDT many times.

This is what I was saying. BTS doesn't just stop working. These are wideband cars, fueling is the easiest part here.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
littco

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 03:26:38 PM »

This is what I was saying. BTS doesn't just stop working. These are wideband cars, fueling is the easiest part here.

So.. We're just doing a gt35r turbo conversion on the r32 ...R32 has 4 lambda sensors.. 2 for each bank.. How to get it running 1 set of sensors or even 1 lambda on the single downpipe turbo manifold? Obviously code them out but, is it best to run 1 or 2 or all 4?

I'll find out which ecu its running, as this thread could be very helpful!
sn00k

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:47 PM »

not my car, but i will look into the hardware and do some logging.

what i dont understand is how this is supposed to work when KFMIRL and KFMIOP are set up the way them are..
can i just increase KFMIRL to represent the reality, and then extend/adjust KFMIOP load axis accordingly? (beyond 100% as in other FI ME7.x)

atm the KFMIRL in this guys file requests ~125, BUT, the KFMIOP only stretches as far as 100 in the axis, which would cause major torque interventions.. which would explain things.

LAMFA/BTS should be the desired fueling strategy.. will search for more maps.. =)

ddillenger

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:37 PM »

What maps do you need? I defined the 032EG file fairly well. Certainly enough for what you're doing.

As for IOP, it's a 16 bit axis, rescale it to suit actual load and interpolate the table.

With that being said, I think an underscaled MAF would make this a bit easier.

So.. We're just doing a gt35r turbo conversion on the r32 ...R32 has 4 lambda sensors.. 2 for each bank.. How to get it running 1 set of sensors or even 1 lambda on the single downpipe turbo manifold? Obviously code them out but, is it best to run 1 or 2 or all 4?

I'll find out which ecu its running, as this thread could be very helpful!

Dan: I can help you remove the exhaust valve, the rear o2s, and tune the car, but I haven't had any experience with removing one of the primary o2's yet. Email me the ecu number, I'll set you up.

DD
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:05:05 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
sn00k

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 04:26:45 PM »

What maps do you need? I defined the 032EG file fairly well. Certainly enough for what you're doing.

As for IOP, it's a 16 bit axis, rescale it to suit actual load and interpolate the table.

With that being said, I think an underscaled MAF would make this a bit easier.

Dan: I can help you remove the exhaust valve, the rear o2s, and tune the car, but I haven't had any experience with removing one of the primary o2's yet. Email me the ecu number, I'll set you up.

DD

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning#Mono_O2_sensor

shouldnt this be applicable even to these ecus?

thanks ddillenger, i needed that IOP confirmed.. i really think this is whats causing troubles right now.

as for maps.. well.. i think i can fetch the maps i need for now, else ill shoot you a PM  Smiley
LAMFA would be great tho.. the bts, timing maps etc im fairly sure i can sort.

underscaling the MAF, how would i do this, easiest way? i was about to, but dont think i ever tried this with the FI me7s.
i had a look at another r32 turbo file, and KFMIRL and KFMIOP are left stock in these, but the MLHFM is scaled.. dont know what other maps, if any..
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 04:32:01 PM by sn00k » Logged
kls

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 08:46:54 PM »

Pretty sure most of the tuners use a larger MAF housing which would help with scaling.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: