Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: Launch Control & No Lift Shift new Functions  (Read 205085 times)
mightemouce

« Reply #120 on: November 08, 2015, 08:21:02 PM »

For pedal adjustable launch control and rolling antilag Ill throw in some funding also
Punda

« Reply #121 on: November 08, 2015, 10:38:35 PM »

I'd be happy to donate too

"The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know."
wannabee900

« Reply #122 on: November 12, 2015, 08:39:28 AM »

I will release the next version, current version has
Rolling Antilag
Disabled Knock/Misfire Detection during Launch / NLS / Rolling-Antilag
Ignition-Angle Control During Launch and Rolling Antilag
Due when?
elRey

« Reply #123 on: November 12, 2015, 11:35:16 AM »

How about basing distribution on user's contribution level to the community? Maybe with some agreement that they can't release it themselves.

But really I agree with prj. Anyone worthy of recieving this probably can manage without it.

How about a swap, worthy code for worthy code?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #124 on: November 12, 2015, 12:20:36 PM »

Difficult topic, I personally would either choose to leave it offline and sell it yourself (to make money) or put it online and dont care about the money you could have had. I can imagine you feel screwed about someone else exploiting your work, though (unless you sold it for commercial use).
You could put a donation link for PayPal in the OP and get some cash on the side from people who want to thank you for the work and/or have commercially made profit out of it. All depends on honesty and point of view I guess.
I think your code is very cool and because of its nature it will punish all people that are not carefull with it (for example most people who'd like to buy these sort of features).  Grin If I can contribute with any tests/logs you just let me know, I'm going to replace my turbo and manifold soon  Wink

hopsis

« Reply #125 on: November 12, 2015, 10:44:51 PM »

If you've developed something and want to release it to a small inside group, then a public forum isn't probably the right place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending anyone who is selling this stuff on the internet. It's a dick move but besides the obvious morality issues there is one other thing to consider here.

I've bought a couple of tunes before I jumped aboard this hell-bent learning experience on a train to oblivion. Let's imagine me being a "customer" and visualize my face when I've paid 100 or 200 €/$/£ for some tuner to add LC to my car. I'm happily banging on and showing it to my friends, "good deal huh?". Imagine my face after someone asks: "Is that the Nefmoto LC script everyone is downloading for free?"

Now would I ever again want to get anything from the guy that clearly ripped me off? If someone really is trying to sell this stuff somewhere, the best thing to do is to make his potentional buyers aware that they can get this stuff for free if they want.

Lost

« Reply #126 on: November 12, 2015, 11:53:25 PM »

If you've developed something and want to release it to a small inside group, then a public forum isn't probably the right place. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending anyone who is selling this stuff on the internet. It's a dick move but besides the obvious morality issues there is one other thing to consider here.

I've bought a couple of tunes before I jumped aboard this hell-bent learning experience on a train to oblivion. Let's imagine me being a "customer" and visualize my face when I've paid 100 or 200 €/$/£ for some tuner to add LC to my car. I'm happily banging on and showing it to my friends, "good deal huh?". Imagine my face after someone asks: "Is that the Nefmoto LC script everyone is downloading for free?"

Now would I ever again want to get anything from the guy that clearly ripped me off? If someone really is trying to sell this stuff somewhere, the best thing to do is to make his potentional buyers aware that they can get this stuff for free if they want.

Correct, but you are forgetting that 99,9% out there that drivers cars doesnt know what we even are talking about here. Even if you gave tham the script - spoonfeed tham how too - they would not dare or be able to do it.
This is hard topic. It should have been paying service from the biggining. It is too late now. But as i said earlier i will donate 100 as a good will for fine work guys have done here.
hopsis

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2015, 12:17:26 AM »

I agree. I think the best course would be to troll every attempt at selling these things. Just slight remarks on internet forums about how this stuff is freely available.

Of course there are and always will be a vast majority of people who don't have the tools or knowledge to do these things themselves. For those people, I think that something like 50$ would be a fair price to pay for someone to do this, the thought being that you would pay for the service, not for the content.
vwnut8392

« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2015, 12:49:14 PM »

I agree. I think the best course would be to troll every attempt at selling these things. Just slight remarks on internet forums about how this stuff is freely available.

Of course there are and always will be a vast majority of people who don't have the tools or knowledge to do these things themselves. For those people, I think that something like 50$ would be a fair price to pay for someone to do this, the thought being that you would pay for the service, not for the content.

That is a very valid point that i was going to make. just because the LC script is free not everyone has the knowledge, tools or will to learn how to install it on their cars. those people would rather simply pay to have it done so they dont have to worry about it. i will admit that i have been paid to install it on peoples cars but i never once charged a person for the launch control itself. i only charged for my time to install it and the use of my equipment to do so. thats the only fair thing to do because i do value my time and my equipment was not free either.
prj

« Reply #129 on: November 16, 2015, 09:30:57 AM »

thats the only fair thing to do because i do value my time and my equipment was not free either.
It is too bad you do not extend this courtesy to others.
And that's the whole catch about this.

People value their time, but forget about others who put tons of work in to get anywhere.
If you give a little away, you immediately get demands to give more and more.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:32:48 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
rnagy86

« Reply #130 on: November 16, 2015, 11:54:33 PM »

It's just like open-source software. You are free to shoot yourself in the leg with it,
but in the end you are going to pay someone for support Grin
Lot of people can't cook a meal even if you give them the recipe and all the ingredients.
vwnut8392

« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »

It is too bad you do not extend this courtesy to others.
And that's the whole catch about this.

People value their time, but forget about others who put tons of work in to get anywhere.
If you give a little away, you immediately get demands to give more and more.

trust me i understand the demands for more and more. i still give information when i can too. if i had more time to learn the programming end of this i would help out when i and where i could, i would even be willing to donate the destruction of one of my cars to test anything. you know im not afraid to destroy an engine or tranny for the sake of experimentation and learning  Grin.
vwnut8392

« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2015, 01:52:05 PM »

i recently had an idea when i was coding a new key fob to an MK4 golf with VAG COM. my idea is to make it easier for the end user to change their launch control variables using VAG COM and the adaptation channels. this is just an idea because most people have VAG COM or have access to a cable today. i dont know if it will actually work or not as im no programmer but i figured i'd put the idea out there and see where it goes.
jibberjive

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2015, 06:46:40 AM »

I personally would either choose to leave it offline and sell it yourself (to make money) or put it online and dont care about the money you could have had.
You could put a donation link for PayPal in the OP and get some cash on the side from people who want to thank you for the work and/or have commercially made profit out of it.
I am of the same opinion. IMO, if you want to profit from it, then keep it yourself and sell it.  On the other hand, if you're not too motivated by profit and are more motivated by getting this code out there for others to use and potentially improve on, then release it and don't stress about what other people are/aren't going to do with it.  In my opinion two things don't make a whole lot of sense though: 1. Never selling it yourself AND never releasing it. or  2. Releasing it and stressing about where it might go once released. 

I would love to either help contribute with testing/troubleshooting/development, or I would love to contribute financially.  I just hope it doesn't stay unavailable forever (though that is definitely your right to keep it to yourself, if you want to).
wannabee900

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2015, 11:41:09 AM »

I will release the next version, current version has

Rolling Antilag
Disabled Knock/Misfire Detection during Launch / NLS / Rolling-Antilag
Ignition-Angle Control During Launch and Rolling Antilag
How come it's not released yet? Your "current version" is probably good enough for most people.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: