Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Spec load, requested load, and actual load and boost  (Read 48463 times)
oldcarguy85

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »

Note: I didn't hijack this thread --- somebody merged my thread into this one, i assume, because they are similar topics (although different circumstances)

hey all,
I'm finally really digging in and trying to make a nice tune for my AWW 1.8T.  it's a stock motor with only a FMIC.  The tune i've attached is very crazy and likely has loads of issues.  I initially had KFMIRL and LDRXN max out somehwere around 200 and i experienced the same issues i will describe, so i upped them very high to around 250 to test things.   i probaly am incorrect in this, but i was thinking the fact that the last row in KFMIOP being ~82% meant maybe i'd only see 82% of LDRXN and KFMIRL -- i realize this is probably totally wrong.  I've also added a lot of fuel with LAMFA, although i haven't actually seen the effects of these changes in logging.  

My Goals:
- ~19-21psi (maybe more -- i don't mind pushing this motor as the car/engine were very cheap)

Problem:
There are a couple...
--I only ever see about 15-16psi requested boost.  The maps should make far more.  
--AFR ratio stays very lean and doesn't match request at all.
-- The car feels like there's intervention or something.  Boost surges like crazy.  

I'm not sure if i am misinterpreting the log and maybe it is switching to LDRXNZK because of knock?  I haven't tried lowering LDRXNZK very low to see if it changes boost.  Is there any other way to identify if that map is being used?

when i first started loggin, i was seeing about 4-5 degrees pulled for knock in cyl 3. Removing timing and adding fuel (although im not sure my fuel changes had an effect) seemed to correct this as i don't have any knock retard.

I'm stumped -- I know this is all probably very basic for you guys with more experience.  I really appreciated any help or advice you can offer!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 04:58:01 AM by oldcarguy85 » Logged
oldcarguy85

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 06:16:03 PM »

one more thing -- when this log was taken, i had KFLDHBN very high -- somehwere overwhere 3 pretty much across the board.  I realize this is not necessary, but i was just experimenting.
savages4

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 06:26:20 PM »

Post your CSV log file because that graph is a mess Shocked
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 06:27:30 PM »

naw the graph is fine, it just needs RPM on X axis and to be a lot smaller

also put data with different ranges on different y axis.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:29:33 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
oldcarguy85

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »

sorry -- meant to post actual log file ..... disregard most of it.  I was looking specifically at ~61 seconds to ~65 seconds.
savages4

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »

I can't get my filter to work on your file, what gear did you do this log in ?  Are you not logging throttle position or something?  Usual log run is in 3rd gear with pedal to the metal from 2500 rpm to redline.

edit: I don't think you logged gear position is why.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 06:40:31 PM by savages4 » Logged
oldcarguy85

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 06:48:58 PM »

I can't get my filter to work on your file, what gear did you do this log in ?  Are you not logging throttle position or something?  Usual log run is in 3rd gear with pedal to the metal from 2500 rpm to redline.

edit: I don't think you logged gear position is why.

I'm 99% sure I logged gear. It was 3rd gear. I realize it's usually to redline, but I really just wanted to narrow in on this range to narrow down the problem.
ddillenger

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 06:50:47 PM »

KFTARX

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
oldcarguy85

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »

KFTARX

ddilinger -- thanks for the response!  I did look at this table, but didn't understand how it could be causing this.  The IATs are under 20deg which would mean KFTARX would be 1.02 or 1.04, right?  Maybe i don't understand how KFTARX works?  I would think 1.02 or 1.04 would give me 102% or 104% of what was requested, no?

thanks again!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 07:04:21 PM by oldcarguy85 » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »

There are a few things that will limit requested load.

Namely:

KFTARX
KFTARXZK (if you're getting heavy knock)
KFLDHBN
LDRXN
LDORXN (if you have overboost codes)
LDPBN (if you're overheating, or in later files all the time)

Make sure all of these are set above the load you're requesting. KFTARX should be set to all 1's anyway, the same way you set LDIATA to all 0's. It keeps things consistent.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2013, 09:31:45 PM »

someone look at my logs since we are on the same engine platform, AWP, but with Chinese k04-022 with like a 22,000PSI WG actuator, tubular SS equal length turbo mani, 3" exhaust all the way back. fmic, stock MAF sensor with 3inch housing, 7.5lb flywheel, fluidampr, IntEng lightweight OEM size pullies, EV14 550's, Genesis fuel pump. There's alot more mods but I forget or don't think they are that relevant to the tune like an 034 motorsports catch can and shit like that. All emissions are a go, even equipped with a high flow cat. Right now I have a small EVAP leak and a small boost leak I haven't found yet but you can see it has no issues making boost, only controlling it. I imagine the leak is what is making the boost sporatic except for the spikes which is from the stupid jacked up WG actuator and my lack of adjusting for it thus far. The tune is a work in progress, I'm just now thinking the MAF is calibrated OK, but I'm at a stopping point with the tuning until I find the leaks.

automan001

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 12:52:37 AM »

2543 mbar @ 6234 rpm - not that bad for Chinese turbo. How is your impression about this turbo, is it worthy of these money? I didn't believe it could make more boost than K03s until I saw your log...
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 01:09:48 AM »

I used the ME7 tuner wizard excel document to make IOP for this file (normally I make it myself), but I have no noticed any odd things happening to be honest.  Everything is very smooth.

Yes, I changed the axis to slightly be less aggressive.  It was something I experimented with a while back and never bother to put it back.  It makes the car much more mellow the first part of travel which I like.  Otherwise I felt like the car wanted to always leap off if I just breathed on the pedal Tongue

Thanks for the insight and looking at my logs!

I understand you since I mess up and expiriment with my car a lot regarding throttle response, turbo spool etc.  Smiley
My first file was made with ME7Wizard and I remember I had problems with part throttle,not WOT though
I remember when my KFMIOP was way off KFMIRL the car didnt spool as it should and req =/= actual .

Since you are expirimenting to find if it is your Remap or hardware related I would do this.
KFPED= stock
KFMIOP=manually as 1:1 as you can with KFMIRL
KFMIRL=dont go from 160-200 I would do it more linear.

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
userpike

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 02:51:59 AM »

2543 mbar @ 6234 rpm - not that bad for Chinese turbo. How is your impression about this turbo, is it worthy of these money? I didn't believe it could make more boost than K03s until I saw your log...

A k04 should hold that much boost fine, it just becomes more and more inefficient as the rpms go up.
So far, I say it was worth the $237US I paid for it off Ebay. It has about 2000miles or so and still feels like it did when I installed it new. I haven't checked shaft play yet.

I was thinking of putting this wheel on it and 5120 hack with a k04-02x turbo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290993307008?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It is the stock wheel size, bolt on installation and prebalanced. 11+0 blade config, looks super efficient. Might be a good choice to experiment with. says it rated to 70 psi???a k04 boosting to 70psi? lololol maybe possible. I guess anything is possible..

I did get a bad turbo before the current one though from Chinaland, or it was my fault it failed lubricationwise and/or 30+psi boost spikes. Either way, It only lasted about 1000 miles.
ddillenger

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 03:14:00 AM »

A k04 should hold that much boost fine, it just becomes more and more inefficient as the rpms go up.
So far, I say it was worth the $237US I paid for it off Ebay. It has about 2000miles or so and still feels like it did when I installed it new. I haven't checked shaft play yet.

I was thinking of putting this wheel on it and 5120 hack with a k04-02x turbo.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290993307008?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

It is the stock wheel size, bolt on installation and prebalanced. 11+0 blade config, looks super efficient. Might be a good choice to experiment with. says it rated to 70 psi???a k04 boosting to 70psi? lololol maybe possible. I guess anything is possible..

I did get a bad turbo before the current one though from Chinaland, or it was my fault it failed lubricationwise and/or 30+psi boost spikes. Either way, It only lasted about 1000 miles.

Talk to Dan (littco) before you order anything off ebay. Chances are he can set you up.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: