Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Post Cat Correction - 2001 Audi S4  (Read 43332 times)
gremlin

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 02:48:25 AM »

The best way to resolve question "how to do".
I think with technology used by ... ECU manufacturer.
We can do that after analyze of 2 stock files of 1.8T engines
One for engine ANB (Euro3, post-cat O2S, secondary air)
Another for APU, fully ANB clone but without 2-nd sensor and SA.
Just compare binaries...

phila_dot

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 12:29:44 PM »

I took another real quick look at this after rob.mwpropane asked about it. I found some possible errors in my interpretation of the codewords.

I only see CLRHKA referenced once where set to one switches from tkatm (cat temp model) to tikatm (EGT in cat model). Not very interesting.

CLRHK bit zero set (1) disables post cat lambda regulation by assigning tvlrh and tvlrhi equals zero.

I haven't gone through the other bits of CLRHK yet to see if atv needs to be manipulated or not. This may be used to exclude the post cat O2 sensors from the pre cat aging tests.

Original value for CLRHK is 72 (bits 3 and 6 set) so setting it to 73 (set bit 0) will maintain stock configuration and disable lambda regulation. If I get some time I will try to readdress this.
phila_dot

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 12:32:56 AM »

I took another quick look at CLRHK today.

Bit|Result
0|Set will assign tvlrh = 0 and tvlrhl = 0 (see %LR) also disables I part lambda control via !B_lrhkgi
1|ATV not reset on fault memory delete
2|ATV is reset on engine start
3|ATV is initialized with ATVINI vice 0
4|disables I part lambda control via !B_lrhkgi
5|switches dlashkm_w (used for LR variables tblrh and tblrhl)= lamhf_w vice lamhm_w or lamsonh_w
6|switches dlashkm_w (used for LR variables tblrh and tblrhl)= lamhm_w vice lamsonh_w if bit 5 is not set
7|disables P part lambda control via !B_lrhkgp

It looks like the best combination is bits zero and two, CLRHK=5. You do not want to set bits 1 and 3. Bits 4-7 are have no effect if bit zero is set. ATV is initialized to zero at startup with bit 2 set.

CLRHKA may actually be the key though. Basically the whole function is shutdown if tkatm (cat temp model) or tikatm (EGT in cat model) can be kept below 300 degrees celcius (TKATMLRH). 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 12:34:48 AM »

phila... thanks for your work. Let me know when you have some recommendations for the s4wiki Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 04:01:45 AM »

I took another quick look at CLRHK today.

Bit|Result
0|Set will assign tvlrh = 0 and tvlrhl = 0 (see %LR) also disables I part lambda control via !B_lrhkgi
1|ATV not reset on fault memory delete
2|ATV is reset on engine start
3|ATV is initialized with ATVINI vice 0
4|disables I part lambda control via !B_lrhkgi
5|switches dlashkm_w (used for LR variables tblrh and tblrhl)= lamhf_w vice lamhm_w or lamsonh_w
6|switches dlashkm_w (used for LR variables tblrh and tblrhl)= lamhm_w vice lamsonh_w if bit 5 is not set
7|disables P part lambda control via !B_lrhkgp

It looks like the best combination is bits zero and two, CLRHK=5. You do not want to set bits 1 and 3. Bits 4-7 are have no effect if bit zero is set. ATV is initialized to zero at startup with bit 2 set.

CLRHKA may actually be the key though. Basically the whole function is shutdown if tkatm (cat temp model) or tikatm (EGT in cat model) can be kept below 300 degrees celcius (TKATMLRH).  

Wow, good work. Thank you very much for having another look. I wasn't sure if what I was working out was correct or not. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 06:41:49 PM by rob.mwpropane » Logged

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
masterj

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »

And that is why my front o2 sensor can't pass aging test and also limp mode... Sad

BTW: Could someone confirm me 100% that CRLHK is @ 12122 and CLRHKA is @ 1A1AF (bin attached) ? Because I've set CRLHK to 5 and CLRHKA to 1 but there's no effect. Front O2 sensor still can't finish aging test...

TTQS
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 09:05:42 AM »

LRSHK 9.20 (Continuous Post-Catalyst Lambda Control) translation added to Nefmoto wiki.

TTQS
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 11:10:58 AM by TTQS » Logged
masterj

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

LRSHK 9.20 (Continuous Post-Catalyst Lambda Control) translation added to Nefmoto wiki.

TTQS

Great!!! Gonna take a look Smiley

cactusgreens4

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2012, 12:28:14 PM »

Are the primary, aka first in line, o2 sensors needed or are they also coded out when doing piggie pipes?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »

so is 5 preferred to 73? any update on this?

TIA Smiley

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 02:32:29 PM »

Are the primary, aka first in line, o2 sensors needed or are they also coded out when doing piggie pipes?

You definitely do not want to code out your primary O2's for piggie pipes.

so is 5 preferred to 73? any update on this?

TIA Smiley

Theoretically, CLRHK = 5. I haven't done conclusive testing yet.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 02:36:00 PM »

The only significant difference between 5 and 73 seems to be bit 3?

ECUx Plot

cactusgreens4

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 07:48:17 PM »

You definitely do not want to code out your primary O2's for piggie pipes.

So the ones that have been coded out are probably the rear ones and i need to hook the ones right after the turbo back up again?
Thanks for clearing this up for me... now all I have to figure out is what to do about the main cats...
phila_dot

« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 12:01:30 AM »

The only significant difference between 5 and 73 seems to be bit 3?

Yes because setting bit 0 makes bit 6 insignificant. Bit 3 = 0 should help with primary O2 sensor aging tests, but CDLATV = 0 appears to be a better way to neutralize ATV completely.
masterj

« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »

Yes because setting bit 0 makes bit 6 insignificant. Bit 3 = 0 should help with primary O2 sensor aging tests, but CDLATV = 0 appears to be a better way to neutralize ATV completely.

In my file setting CLRHK to 5 and CLRHKA to 1 doesn't help with precat aging tests... Maybe I defined them incorrectly? Right now I defined those maps at 12122 and 1a14f....

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: