Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: MAFless and ME7.1 again  (Read 110448 times)
prj

« Reply #105 on: May 16, 2015, 11:06:40 AM »

And what is wrong with such readings? IMHO it reads real values as MAF should compensate for air temperature internally (by hardware). Perhaps one should try to install such MAF post intercooler to have more meaningful airflow values.
Theory is a nice thing, unfortunately practice is different.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #106 on: May 16, 2015, 11:27:35 AM »

And what is wrong with such readings? IMHO it reads real values as MAF should compensate for air temperature internally (by hardware). Perhaps one should try to install such MAF post intercooler to have more meaningful airflow values.

It was done years ago man, it doesn't work for shit. I personally spent a lot of time on this.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
ddillenger

« Reply #107 on: May 16, 2015, 11:42:59 AM »

It was done years ago man, it doesn't work for shit. I personally spent a lot of time on this.

How many sensors got oil fouled? lol.

The charge path is a very inhospitable place.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
SaldoS4

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2015, 09:16:38 AM »

MAF setups runs much better in daily driven cars as they adapts much better to different air temperature and humidity.
without MAF with approriate calibrations it runs very good, like with MAF. You will not notice the difference. I tried it too
new vag engines has no MAF )) its all
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2015, 11:59:06 AM »

My two cents: unless you know how to properly set up ME7 to run MAFless (I do not, and wasn't even aware ME7 was designed to work that way outside of a MAF failure), you should stick to running a MAF. I understand that plumbing one can be difficult in some applications, and that blow-through has its own pitfalls.. but the "unplug the MAF and code out a bunch of stuff" method seems pretty dumb.

I would like to know more about the proper way to run MAFless. I can see a bunch of different ways it is possible from scanning the FR, but don't know enough to make it work properly.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »

How many sensors got oil fouled? lol.

The charge path is a very inhospitable place.

Agreed,

but let's be real here, there are tons of other platforms using OEM MAF's and other sensors like HPX in blow-through configs without any sort of issue at all.  So it's obviously not as big of an issue as it's made out to be for a normal running engine. 

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
slappynuts

« Reply #111 on: July 12, 2015, 05:44:12 AM »

I have an idea about how prj is doing this, but I'll let him post it up, as there would be no way for me to know exactly what he's done. The neatest way would be to recompile a new file with the load calculation part taken entirely from a MAP sensor ME7 file, but that's way beyond my abilities, I can only dream of it...

In so many words he already told us he jacked the load section of the code from the TTRS
Cloudforce

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2015, 09:01:05 AM »

So there´s no real conclusion on how to do this properly?

I´d like to implement a clean way into our Siemens ecus to go Alpha/n and having a starting point would help.
masterj

« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2015, 03:10:48 AM »

I'll just say this - one thing is theory, the other one is actually having a practical working solution.

The logic change isn't the issue, and anyone who understands ME7 can figure out how to do this in 5 minutes.
The issue is correct sampling and filtering, as any SD implementation samples the sensor crank/cylinder-sync and applies good jitter correction, to get a steady signal. This is where the majority of effort goes into.

After that it's just calibration. Mainly ESUK, due to the largely unknown fact that a MAP sensor signal is much slower than a MAF in transient conditions.

I have no interest on posting the solution, I've done enough. This time I'll just sit back with the popcorn. I've so far converted 2 other ECU generations to SD besides ME7 and faced all the challenges associated. ME7 is by far the easiest.

prj, which maps in ESUK module have you edited to compensate for slower map response (initial afr jump after throttle plate opening/close before o2 kicks in)? I haven't gotten into ESUK yet, but would like a headstart here.

P.S> what about increasing ZBAKM and ZVAKM for faster response?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:59:46 AM by masterj » Logged

ktm733

« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »

And if everybody believed that way we'd still live in caves trying to figure out fire. Shrug.

Preach
prj

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »

without MAF with approriate calibrations it runs very good, like with MAF. You will not notice the difference. I tried it too
new vag engines has no MAF )) its all

New VAG engines also have a MAP sensor in the manifold. Cars with a MAF from factory do not.

Log your car properly.
RBPE

« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2015, 11:10:39 AM »

MAF MAP A5 FSI
prj

« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2015, 03:27:49 PM »

MAF MAP A5 FSI

Does the thing actually have a MAF?
Just because the SIMOS damos lists MAF_SP does not mean there is a physical MAF sensor (same goes for MAP).

Log your car properly.
RBPE

« Reply #118 on: September 04, 2015, 08:03:40 AM »

Yes normally MAP with those but I would be surprised if Bosch would strive for anything less than measuring the first cubic mm of air that enters the filter to when it exists the exhaust in as many places as possible really and taking into account all the variables, so the more you add you could say, the more control you have. Plenty of ecu's where you can define the volume of air in the intercooler etc which all helps, especially if you are upgrading these parts and add density changes, take it further and measure all pressure drops and so on.

Torque structuring maf for my personal preference if I had to pick one of the two though.
SeRiLLo

« Reply #119 on: September 09, 2015, 11:22:49 AM »

New VAG engines also have a MAP sensor in the manifold. Cars with a MAF from factory do not.
second MAP instead of MAF on MAF oriented ECU - it is not problem, you know..
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
  Print  

Jump to: