Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Incorrect requested and actual boost.  (Read 4694 times)
grasman94

« on: January 09, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »

I'm running a stage 2 base map from Eurodyne. I have a 2009 GTI w/ 2.0 TSI CBFA motor. After reviewing the map and doing some calculations, it says I'm supposed to hitting 18 PSI, but I'm only hitting 10. I pulled up my log and my requested isn't even at 18... its at 10.. To clarify this, I called the Eurodyne rep and he said that I should hitting 18 also. I sent him the log, and he sent me the stage 2 file again. I re-flashed it, and no luck everything is the same.

I have a CEL that used to consistently come on, P2015(Intake manifold runner performance)(A known problem). I fixed it temporarily but it came back. If this was the cause, wouldn't the requested still be 18, and the actual be 10. I'm mind-bumblefucked as to why the requested is at 10. What could possibly cause that. N75 Valve? Boost leak?

I'm new to tuning so please shed as much light as possible.

The log is below.

vwmaniac

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 09:30:26 AM »

I'm running a stage 2 base map from Eurodyne. I have a 2009 GTI w/ 2.0 TSI CBFA motor. After reviewing the map and doing some calculations, it says I'm supposed to hitting 18 PSI, but I'm only hitting 10. I pulled up my log and my requested isn't even at 18... its at 10.. To clarify this, I called the Eurodyne rep and he said that I should hitting 18 also. I sent him the log, and he sent me the stage 2 file again. I re-flashed it, and no luck everything is the same.

I have a CEL that used to consistently come on, P2015(Intake manifold runner performance)(A known problem). I fixed it temporarily but it came back. If this was the cause, wouldn't the requested still be 18, and the actual be 10. I'm mind-bumblefucked as to why the requested is at 10. What could possibly cause that. N75 Valve? Boost leak?

I'm new to tuning so please shed as much light as possible.

The log is below.

if it is currently throwing a code then the ecu is probabley switching to a secondary map for safety / limp
grasman94

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »

Even in limp I can take it to red line ? I thought in limp you couldn't take it past 4k.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 05:09:07 PM »

Even in limp I can take it to red line ? I thought in limp you couldn't take it past 4k.

Limp limiting to 4k is something that only happened on old Audi 5000 turbos Cheesy

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
grasman94

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:58:45 PM »

Limp limiting to 4k is something that only happened on old Audi 5000 turbos Cheesy

lol I thought limp was when you cant go past a certain RPM/MPH. I didn't know you can drive normal but everything would be tweaked down a bit.
Good info.
grasman94

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:37:07 PM »

Turns out they sent me a bugged file.
Just flashed my car with the stage 1 file, and I'm hitting 19PSI.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: