Pages: [1]
Author Topic: rs4 throttle intake and 2.8 cylindre head on m-box  (Read 6460 times)
marti2000

« on: February 12, 2014, 08:08:28 AM »

hi i have s4 b5 with rs4 throttle cams intake maf and 2.8 cylindre head on m-box do i have to use same kfmsnwdk value tables from rs4 k-box?or is it just plug and play and i can keep m-box tables?
s5fourdoor

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 01:05:27 PM »

While I can't give you good answers, I have also looked for this information.
It is not plug & play.  It will run like shit is my understanding - at least until this is all handled & figured out.
terminator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 01:22:40 PM »

+1
I'm going to install the same stuff and tial 770 in some months.
I think KFWDKMSN should be changed also and its not just plug and play.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »

It will run, but probably not very well w/o a good amount of work.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 01:41:04 PM »

You cannot just copy and paste these maps. Going to take some actual time to get right.

Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
marti2000

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 04:10:25 PM »

what kind of work to get it done right?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 04:37:26 PM »

There is a thread about this.....

Shit, it's even a sticky in this EXACT SECTION!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
FlyboyS4

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

hi i have s4 b5 with rs4 throttle cams intake maf and 2.8 cylindre head on m-box do i have to use same kfmsnwdk value tables from rs4 k-box?or is it just plug and play and i can keep m-box tables?

I've been looking into doing something like this, putting an RS4 throttle body onto an S4, but my plan is to keep the car as close to stock as I can when I do it.

So far this is what I've gathered:

KFMSNWDK and it's inverse table KFWDKMSN are what you'll be adjusting.

To make the adjustment to the tables record mass airflow and mass airflow at the throttle plate and adjust the latter to match the former.

Another method would be to disconnect the MAF sensor and record AFR, adjusting the tables to get the proper AFR.

Looking at the RS4 and S4 tables the most significant difference looks to be the maximum throttle plate angle value - for the RS4 it is around 50% and the S4 around 90%.  It's not clear to me which would be correct to use, but seeing as how the RS4 throttle is being used perhaps the RS4 axis scale?  I may end up trying both and see how it turns out.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

I suggest using the S4 scales and adapting the rs4 values.  In my experience you end up with plate values not that much bigger than the stock S4.  With rs4 values directly dropped in from interpolation you end up with plate G/S readings that are HUGE compared to actual.

If you have a wide band this is very easy to lock in.  Try and get your maf and assumed over throttle to be really close. Witht he primary emphasis being on the MAF first.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
rnagy86

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 11:17:59 PM »

Start with a K-box bin.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 06:21:26 AM »

I suggest using the S4 scales and adapting the rs4 values.  In my experience you end up with plate values not that much bigger than the stock S4.  With rs4 values directly dropped in from interpolation you end up with plate G/S readings that are HUGE compared to actual.

If you have a wide band this is very easy to lock in.  Try and get your maf and assumed over throttle to be really close. Witht he primary emphasis being on the MAF first.

Thanks.  I saw the post where you provided a screenshot of a tune that looked like you went that route.  I manually transcribed all the cell values so that I could plot them out and noticed you had kind of split the difference on the airflow values but stayed with the S4 throttle plate angle scale.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: