Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cluster recode, strange issue, Help Please!  (Read 5097 times)
kompressorgolf

« on: February 17, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »

ok, i have a 2000 B5 S4, 6 speed. a friend upgraded his ECU and gave me his MTM stage 1 M box ecu. I converted to Hitachi Maf, Coded the ECU to 06611 for no ESP and recoded the Instrument cluster to 1025 for the Mbox ecu. Runs awesome, no issues spikes 17 psi holds 13. The issue im having, is now the epc light comes on but only with key on, turns off when i start the car, and with key on the CEL doesnt light up anymore, i purposly triggered the maf and unplugged a power output stage to trigger a CEL and it doesnt illuminate, also in vagcom i did a cluster output test and the cel does come on. so somewhere from switching abox to mbox i lost the CEL. id like to have it back even tho i dont care to ever see it haha. Where did i go wrong>?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »

Are you throwing any codes? Cluster or Engine?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
kompressorgolf

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 11:09:10 AM »

Edit, i will also add there are no communication faults between ecu and cluster its working fine,

The engine isnt throwing any codes, but on key on the cel dont light up like normal, and so i purposly set misfire and maf codes to see if it would come on, and it doesnt, even tho when i check codes there are misfire and maf codes like i made happen. The CEL just isnt working, and the ESP light comes on with key on and it previously didnt, however im not concerned with that as the car doesnt have ESP as its a 2000, but id like the CEL to function as normal. Thanks for the quick reply!
kompressorgolf

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 07:21:35 PM »

It does have codes for bad EGT sensors, any other thoughts on this?
ddillenger

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:52:14 PM »

Put your cluster back to 0.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
kompressorgolf

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 10:56:12 PM »

ok will try that first thing in the morning, i think i tried that and was getting a fault for communication between cluster and ecu, but ill give it another go!, Thanks ddillinger for what you do for the dub/audi community, much appreciated! hopefully soon, reading all this coding stuff and s4wiki how to's ill figure out how to start coding things out and making custom maps, im proficient tuning standalone, but this stuff is a whole new game!
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 11:02:06 PM »

No worries. If the you get a P1650, don't worry about it. You can remove it with CW_CAN_R when you get more comfortable. In the meantime, it won't cause a CEL.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
A6_C5_Allroad

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2014, 02:05:36 PM »

ok will try that first thing in the morning, i think i tried that and was getting a fault for communication between cluster and ecu, but ill give it another go!, Thanks ddillinger for what you do for the dub/audi community, much appreciated! hopefully soon, reading all this coding stuff and s4wiki how to's ill figure out how to start coding things out and making custom maps, im proficient tuning standalone, but this stuff is a whole new game!

Kompressorgolf, were you able to resolve the fault code issue wit the cluster??  Just curious as I am about to recode my cluster.

Thank you!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: