Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Want to dump 1.8t 2004 ecu.  (Read 16681 times)
evolution2147

« on: March 04, 2014, 10:40:51 PM »

Hi everyone I have a 2004 1.8t A4 that I would like to dump the ecu on. I only want to do this so I can obtain the SKC code so a can adapt new keys. I have no intention of tuning or disabling the immo. I tried the software a few months ago but I could not get it read the ecu over obd on the 1.8t or even my b6 s4 that I tried just for the hell of it. I am now going to try to do this again. If I remove the ECU and put it in boot mode is it guaranteed to work? Thanks the ECU part number is 8E0 909 518 AK
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:56:48 PM »

You do not need to do any of this. Find and download either vag k+commander, or vag eeprom programmer 1.9

DO NOT USE VAG K+CAN on the cluster, JUST THE ECU.

Vag eeprom programmer will only work on the cluster and is safe.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 07:12:40 AM »

Do the ECU or cluster have to be removed from the car?
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 11:16:01 AM »

No, in car is fine.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 03:01:58 PM »

Im going to try this tonight. I downloaded vag eeprom prog. 1.19. Is there anything I should be careful with while attempting this? I have an old blue ebay cable i am going to use. What are the steps to this? For example should the ignition be on? Does this program work on all Audi/VWs?
Thank you very much for your help!
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »

Ignition of course must be on. Vag eeprom programmer is safe. DO NOT write anything, just read. The login code will be displayed at the bottom center.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 03:19:08 PM »

Thank you for the prompt reply. Is this software really that simple to use? Everyone on all other forums say that SKCs cannot be retrieved and that you must go to the dealer to get keys made. Also it says set mileage at the bottom right. I would imagine there has to be more security than that correct? Otherwise people would be doing that right and left!
oldcarguy85

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 07:15:34 PM »

Thank you for the prompt reply. Is this software really that simple to use? Everyone on all other forums say that SKCs cannot be retrieved and that you must go to the dealer to get keys made. Also it says set mileage at the bottom right. I would imagine there has to be more security than that correct? Otherwise people would be doing that right and left!
Yes, it IS that easy. People are definitely changing their mileage left and right. It's really as simple as pressing one button.
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »

Please do not change your mileage, it may brick your crypto cluster.

That, and you are not retrieving the SKC, but rather the login code that people mistakenly call the SKC.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2014, 01:12:46 AM »

I was able to use the software but I do not see any log in code anywhere. I went to dash>bosch>a4>read encrypted. It completed successfully and created a 1 kb .bin file. The software told me in order to retrieve the code i need to go to dash>bosch>get access code. I did this and it said it successfully retrieved it but i cannot find it. i found a dash.dat file with my vin in it but i don't see any obvious codes.
ddillenger

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2014, 01:24:01 AM »

Once you hit READ and it reads, at the bottom in the MIDDLE there will be a section

IMMO
LOGIN
ETC

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
evolution2147

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:50 AM »

Hmm.. I know that box was empty after the read finished. I should be reading the dash eeprom not the "immobox" epprom correct? What is there difference between read encrypted or decrypted?

prj

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2014, 02:33:05 PM »

Do not read the cluster, you do not need to. Read ECU EEPROM over OBD, it contains the login code.
Use that code to login to the cluster and code keys.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
evolution2147

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2014, 05:00:48 PM »

Ok so just use the same program to dump ECU?
ddillenger

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »

Read what I wrote IN MY FIRST REPLY please.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: