Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 01 jetta 1.8T ecu definition  (Read 5669 times)
wiliamyette

« on: March 26, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »

does anyone have the file for the ecu definition code?

looking to get rid of some 02 sensor codes

please and thanks
userpike

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 01:49:45 PM »

does anyone have the file for the ecu definition code?

looking to get rid of some 02 sensor codes

please and thanks

There are many definition files. They are specific to the ECU part number, software version and also the programs that use them. Some are compatible however, a Tuner Pro definition file won't work with WinOLS and vice versa.

You need to know what your ECU part number/(sw/hw version) is and what program you plan to use to make the changes and then look in the ECU definition files section of this forum. The easiest way is to put your ECU part number in the search box and the results will show up. You may have to create one for your ECU but I doubt that, it being from a '01 jetta because chances are, there is a def file for your ECU already on here.

If this is still somewhat confusing or just rose alot of questions, go to the Wiki section here on NeF or the S4 wiki.
wiliamyette

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 03:37:58 PM »

where do i check for the ecu number?

last question, thanks
_nameless

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »

last question, thanks
if its a aww engine code its a 032dl..

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
userpike

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »

last question, thanks

If you connect your car to VCDS it will tell you the ECU part number and software version. Same thing in Nefflasher where you read the ECU info next to where DTC info is read. Again, if you don't know what I'm talking about..

Everything you need to know and then some is in those Wikis I mentioned. There is MUCH knowledge you need to know first. Read the Wikis and then onto the forum threads. Plan to spend days and days and days and more days and more days worth of hours on this. If you stick with it, you'll be rewarded greatly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: