Pages: [1]
Author Topic: People selling Nefmoto Tunes  (Read 6936 times)
vdubnation
Turboman
Global Moderator

« on: March 31, 2014, 07:26:29 AM »

What are your thoughts have seen this a few times already .
userpike

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:23:13 AM »

What are your thoughts have seen this a few times already .

Unless there are some kind of copy right laws protecting the tune whats wrong with it?

I see it as selling your time/services, not a "tuned" file.

If it was the other way I would think the APRs, Giacs, Unitronic, and other tuner companies would have to pay royalties to Bosch or whoever ECU they tuned.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »

Don't have a problem, unless they are protecting/encrypting the file when they sell it which prevents their customers from pulling the tune from their ECUs.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
savages4

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 12:13:20 PM »

If people are selling others files on here that are available for free, then that's just stupid.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the tuned files posted up here making their way to ebay..
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 12:13:51 PM »

Who cares? As long as they aren't encrypted/encumbered.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »

Caveat Emptor.

Anyone that buys a file without researching the source, and flashes it without understanding the changes is asking for trouble.

Bottom line (for me) if you aren't equipped to handle every eventuality, you shouldn't be doing anything commercially.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
DrGeorgeTompson

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »

I was thinking about selling my tune once I got it hammered out to the point that I thought it was worthy of having a price on it. I'm still not sure if i'd do it though. I agree that as long as it's not copy-protected or whatever it's ok, but I feel like I would need to be available if the client has issues. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: