Pages: [1]
Author Topic: me 7.5 turbotimer  (Read 6916 times)
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« on: April 06, 2014, 11:23:31 AM »

has anyone thinking about implementing the turbotimer feature to me7.5 ? i think its a very useful feature if we can take one of unused pinouts like a SAI pump, 2nd o2 sensor, afterrun pump etc and after some basic calculations (for example if coolant > x, if EGT model > y, if engine running timer > z and something other indirect parameters that can indicate a heavy load before; or other way - making a few variables with timestamp-recorded engine load and calculate a timer) we can send a signal in that wire to relay that support inginion for sometime. also can disable it by pressing clutch for example

any ideas ?
littco

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 01:04:30 PM »

has anyone thinking about implementing the turbotimer feature to me7.5 ? i think its a very useful feature if we can take one of unused pinouts like a SAI pump, 2nd o2 sensor, afterrun pump etc and after some basic calculations (for example if coolant > x, if EGT model > y, if engine running timer > z and something other indirect parameters that can indicate a heavy load before; or other way - making a few variables with timestamp-recorded engine load and calculate a timer) we can send a signal in that wire to relay that support inginion for sometime. also can disable it by pressing clutch for example

any ideas ?

If you have an after run pump, why need this?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 01:20:08 PM »

i dont have this pump
and its only way for those who using some oil cooled turbo
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:25:15 PM by fukenbroken » Logged
littco

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »

i dont have this pump
and its only way for those who using some oil cooled turbo

Gotcha...
userpike

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 02:02:34 PM »

If you have an after run pump, why need this?

The 1.8t with manual trans didn't come with the after run coolant pump only the automagics, here in the states anyway. I wish mine did though for that vary reason.
MIL_on

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2014, 12:25:21 AM »

all 225hp do have this pump, afaik
userpike

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2014, 10:58:35 AM »

all 225hp do have this pump, afaik

I did some digging and you are correct. Now I am wondering if I could run leads from the ECU and install one if I can find in the ECU where to turn on the function.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »

Not sure this helps you, but for the 2.7t:

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/eng59.shtml

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »

I did some digging and you are correct. Now I am wondering if I could run leads from the ECU and install one if I can find in the ECU where to turn on the function.

this pump pluged to coolant fan control module (sorry i made a mistake in 1st post)
my friend do that on his AUM engine - simple plug this pump and all worked fine

but topic about turbotimer procedure - about supporting ignition to run engine after key was turned off
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:53:18 PM by fukenbroken » Logged
userpike

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2014, 03:25:49 PM »

this pump pluged to coolant fan control module (sorry i made a mistake in 1st post)
my friend do that on his AUM engine - simple plug this pump and all worked fine

but topic about turbotimer procedure - about supporting ignition to run engine after key was turned off

hmm.. so I will check and see if I can adapt a 225 fan control module in replacement of my ori. I bet I could source all the parts for less than 50 bucks at the junk yard! 

If the Immo is enabled I think this might get in the way of a "built in" turbo timer. I'm not certain how the Immo works though. If the key wasn't constantly being checked that it's there, only during the initial insertion into the ignition, it might work out.

thoughts?
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 03:37:25 PM »

as i remember he didnt swap fan control module
you can test your unit for compatiblity
+12v must appear for 10 minutes at T14 plug, pin #1 after the engine was turned off

immo check the key only one time at ignition starts
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: