Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Author Topic: MED9sum: Correct those MED9 eeprom checksums!  (Read 121814 times)
DiegoAC

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2014, 10:31:45 AM »

Great, I´ll be glad to test again Wink

Cheers.
technic

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2014, 03:51:06 AM »

Diego, Please post the file you used for testing the GUI version. I cannot reproduce error.

Edit:

Never mind. I assume your changes was made to a higher address than 0x280...
E2PA (GUI Tool) didn't correct checksums from 0x280 (Block1) and 0xA80 (Block2) and forward, because these areas are not used by the E2PA program itself.

I have corrected this bug and a few other bugs. Now _all_ checksums are corrected. Thanks for the heads up!

New version : http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5833.msg54763#msg54763
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 04:32:20 AM by technic » Logged
Beaviz

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2014, 07:07:57 AM »

Haven't noticed this thread until now. Have a spare MED9.1 ECU from Ebay won today and will be playing with immo off, so it will definitely be needed. Thanks!
DiegoAC

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2014, 12:03:11 PM »

Diego, Please post the file you used for testing the GUI version. I cannot reproduce error.

Edit:

Never mind. I assume your changes was made to a higher address than 0x280...
E2PA (GUI Tool) didn't correct checksums from 0x280 (Block1) and 0xA80 (Block2) and forward, because these areas are not used by the E2PA program itself.

I have corrected this bug and a few other bugs. Now _all_ checksums are corrected. Thanks for the heads up!

New version : http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5833.msg54763#msg54763

Hello technic, thanks for following up, I just downloaded the new version (1.01)and run the checksum correction... the output file is still the same as ori... I´m attaching both files before and after and a few screenshots, hope it helps.

Regards.
technic

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

Hmm.. yes indeed. There is something fishy when file is 2k. Will check now.

DiegoAC

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 12:21:34 PM »

About immo off for MED9.1 I share this 2 files that proved to work, they have not been made by me, I just looked at it and saw that data was changed from 6C00h to 6FFF in flash and  42h to 7Fh in eeprom. I´ll let some of the more experienced find out and hopefully share the findings.

Regards.
technic

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 12:50:45 PM »

The error with 2k files is now corrected, and I have decided to release the (or at least one way to do it) IMMO OFF solution as well since it is open to the public anyway. Still beta version. Please report if it works or not for you.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, ddillenger  Undecided
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:18:57 PM by technic » Logged
DiegoAC

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 01:21:44 PM »

The error with 2k files is now corrected, and I have decided to release the (or at least one way to do it) IMMO OFF solution as well since it is open to the public anyway. Still beta version. Please report if it works or not for you.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, ddillenger  Undecided

Ok, now seems not to mess with the file, not sure if this used to be a file with P0601 error on it (my bad not to save it with the filename), but chcks seem to be fine now.
About the inmo, sorry, not sure if it was not supposed to be released or was taken care of in another thread...

Cheers-
Diego.
ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »

No hijack, this is awesome.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
flaattire

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 05:15:37 PM »

Thanks for this software. When one tries removing immo, there is a warning that flash checksums will remain uncorrected. If I load the immo-off flash into winols as a version of the stock file, the immo-off section is readily visible as modified but winols says there are no checksums for this section of the flash. My winols does correct checksum when I edit maps for example. Is there really no checksum required for this immo data? I thought the entire flash would have a checksum.
ddillenger

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 08:02:49 PM »

Thanks for this software. When one tries removing immo, there is a warning that flash checksums will remain uncorrected. If I load the immo-off flash into winols as a version of the stock file, the immo-off section is readily visible as modified but winols says there are no checksums for this section of the flash. My winols does correct checksum when I edit maps for example. Is there really no checksum required for this immo data? I thought the entire flash would have a checksum.

This is for the eeprom, not the flash.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
flaattire

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2014, 12:20:40 AM »

I'm not sure if I understand you, but eeprom1.1.0 by technic modifies both flash and eeprom but does checksums only for the eeprom. I was under the impression both flash and eeprom needed modification to remove the immobilizer. If so, why does winols behave as described in the previous post when I try to correct the immo section that's been modified in flash?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 12:22:42 AM by flaattire » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »

I was under the impression both flash and eeprom needed modification to remove the immobilizer.

You are wrong Tongue

If so, why does winols behave as described in the previous post when I try to correct the immo section that's been modified in flash?

It probably gives you a message about the virtual eeprom.

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
technic

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2014, 01:16:11 AM »

As dd says, there is a way to disable the immo by eeprom only - but I haven't found out how yet, so I had to make it possible to load the actual flash also for the time being, so the name of the program is a bit misleading atm  Undecided

I don't recall the immo area in flash being covered by any checksum, but I will check that later tonight. The warning is there as a reminder. You cannot - for example - make a tuning file, de-immo it in this software and expect the checksums to be corrected.

technic

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2014, 02:45:22 AM »

Also,  read protection needs a couple of flash changes. Don't think that it is doable in eeprom only. So, maybe this software will change name or split into two different softwares. Have to think a bit about that

If anyone have info about eeprom immo off, you are welcome to pm me Cool
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: