Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Noob Guide to correct Checksums with Nyet's ME7Sum Program  (Read 68690 times)
AudiMan85

« on: April 17, 2014, 10:59:44 AM »

If you're like me you started off not knowing how to do anything. And as time went on you learn more and more. Well I see people like me and I wanna help. I also see that people need there checksum corrected and maybe don't understand how-to do it. The info on how to do it may not make sense to everyone. Like me at 1st, I didn't understand command prompts very well. So here is a quick guide one how-to correct checksum's with Nyet's ME7sum. I have also contacted MTX for a plugin but have yet to hear back from them in over a week or so.

If you make changes at all to a .bin you will from my experience will have errors. I also have noticed that if you mod a file and then correct it and then wanna go back and edit it that you edit your "NEW" corrected file as I had two .bin files get corrupted by modding a .bin  and the throttle body would just start clicking along with a flashing CEL and no start. This was cause it had errors and required me to boot mode recover my ecu.

DOWNLOAD LATEST RELEASE OF ME7SUM
http://nyetwurk.github.io/ME7Sum/

**UPDATE** (LINK DEAD thread deleted, sorry I will post new instructions for adding ME7Sum and Check into TunerPro again)
Just tonight I figured out a way to add ME7sum and ME7Check to TunerPro. Click link below to go to that thread.
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=5877.0title=

-----------------------------------------------------------

Here is short way (by ddillenger):

Download the file (me7sum), put it in your user directory (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere) along with the bin (we're going to call it IN for this example).

Hit START, RUN, and type: CMD

Then, type:

me7sum IN.bin OUT.bin

You'll see the program running in cmd, and will end up with a new file with the checksums corrected in the same directory you placed the previously mentioned files (C:\Documents and Settings\usernamehere). The corrected file will be named OUT.bin (or whatever you select when typing the command)

Longer Version:
----------------
*Now below is examples. Meaning this is where I put my files, and what I type is special to where my files are located. You will have to adjust for however you set things up. DDillenger suggests not to use a root folder, so please make changes to my info if you follow his advice, I am not of aware why not to, he has more knowledge in that department.

To start off download the zip file me7sum-vx.x.x.zip from http://nyetwurk.github.io/ME7Sum/
(Please be aware that there is a know issues with correction of some checksums for some errors, in this event you will need to find someone to correct the file for you that maybe has a MTX plugin).

Now extract me7sum-vx.x.x.zip and put it into folder of your choice.

Now take your .bin file and put it in same folder to make it simple.

Now you want to click the start button and in the search box type cmd to open the command prompt window.

Now see pic below. You will need to type cd.. and then cd.. again to get to root folder.

After that you will direct cmd where to find your me7sum program.
File location is how I have it, adjust to your location if needed, follow the same format with \ to indacate folders.

Now follow info in picture below
Please note, there is a grammar issues in picture. I ment to say put a new name for your NEW corrected file so you know its fixed/corrected. Do not name it the same thing as your corrupted file as it will not output a file.

After you type the above command the program will fly throw a bunch of words, you can look back and see what was corrected if you want. But if you did everything correctly you should see a message at bottom like one picture below.

Now you have a corrected file and are ready to flash.

Now if you wanna check your file, you can run cmd and type \me7sum (space) (.bin file name) you will get error check or better know as ME7Check of your file and will give you info. Again these are examples please adjust for your file locations and names of files.

I hope this helps people who might have not understood exactly how to use Nyet's ME7sum program. Please click Applaud to the left under my user ID and pic where is says Karma if this helped you. Good luck and happy Tuning and Flash folks!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:42:21 AM by nyet » Logged

"Ride like I got a horse stable under my hood" ~ The Game - Too Much
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 11:02:39 AM »

Thank you for this. Stickied.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
AudiMan85

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 02:07:19 PM »

You made such a great tool for free for us it was a shame that it isn't something everyone could figure out and benefit from that I wanted to help best I could. If it's ok. I have a friend willing to make a GUI for it if I give him sometime as he's a busy guy. We talked shortly. But layout would be a select bin button. A check for errors button and a correct button. The output file would be generic labeled with _fixed added or chks or something.  With also a dialog box to watch the program at work and show results.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:21:28 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=4698.0
AudiMan85

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 06:00:13 PM »

That GUI is basically what me and my friend were talking about. I'm gonna take the newest version for a test drive.
Looks good. That should be bumped cause I been a member since b4 you posted it and 1st time I seen it in this thread. Maybe it should be bumped in a way or stickied.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:22:42 AM by AudiMan85 » Logged

Bi-turbo

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 03:47:47 AM »

No matter what i try i cant get this working??

says it not recognized as an external or internal command?
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 03:59:08 AM »

No matter what i try i cant get this working??

says it not recognized as an external or internal command?

You need to make sure the exe is in the proper directory.

I put everything that has to be run in command in

C:\Users\DDillenger

So my command is simple. You can put the exe on your desktop however, and in cmd type:

cd desktop

After that, then type your command, but make sure the bin to correct is also on the desktop as that is now the folder used.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
S4addict

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 02:20:32 PM »

Thank you much this helped me extremely
I was missing the part of putting my tune in the directory.
Haha i dont know why i thought it would just find the file
But now im able to correct my own files which is awesome!
Ill deffintaly be posting my tweaks of my tune up when i make sure its
Were i want it
Bora_VR6

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:21 AM »

Hello,

Thank you for this detailed explanation.
Thank to this guide and file, I'll be able to fix a problem with a .BIN error
I try and try... "n" times to fix my issue with Win Ols, but I'm not able to found any solution, until I found this post.

p.s. this post and tool, make possible to me fix a modified a remapped .BIN file

Regards
FlyboyS4

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »

Good info.  Here's how I have been using ME7Sum and ME7Check lately.

Created a folder with both programs in it and made a batch file (me7sum.bat) that's located in the same folder.  Commands are:

me7sum in.bin out.bin
pause
me7check out.bin
pause
erase in.bin

I'll copy the bin file I made in tuner pro to this folder, rename it in.bin, and run the bat file.  The pause command allows me to see the progress of each step before advancing.  Then I take the resulting out.bin file and cut and paste it back into my folder where I'm saving bin revisions.  I copy the original file name and paste it over the out.bin file name, appending it with CS to indicate the check sum has been updated.

Just a different way to get the same thing accomplished.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 08:00:45 PM »

erasing in.bin might not be such a good idea... if things go wrong... its gone, because me7sum wont generate an out.bin

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
FlyboyS4

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2014, 05:20:46 AM »

erasing in.bin might not be such a good idea... if things go wrong... its gone, because me7sum wont generate an out.bin

The original file exists in the folder where I keep the bin file progression, I delete it after renaming the file version with the corrected checksum.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:04 AM »

The batch file above doesn't know if something goes wrong... it unconditionally deletes the original bin.

MSDOS sucks because writing conditionals in batch files is a huge pain. Nobody ever does it, because when they get to the point where they need conditionals, they've realized how goddamn shitty command.exe is Smiley

ECUx Plot

turboat

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »

MSDOS sucks because writing conditionals in batch files is a huge pain. Nobody ever does it, because when they get to the point where they need conditionals, they've realized how goddamn shitty command.exe is Smiley

+1 bash ftw Smiley
FlyboyS4

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2014, 11:04:00 AM »

The batch file above doesn't know if something goes wrong... it unconditionally deletes the original bin.

No, it does not delete the original bin.  That file exists in a different directory with a different file name.  I said I COPY and paste the original bin and then name it in.bin before the programs work with it.  The original bin does not get deleted until I select the file and take action to delete it.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: