Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 1.8t AWP Frankenturbo K04 F4H tuning help.  (Read 23729 times)
userpike

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2014, 09:50:14 PM »

I turned my MBC down to 15 psi to keep the spikes at bay

Have you replaced the n75 with the MBC or running together?
SB_GLI

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 07:00:23 AM »

Have you replaced the n75 with the MBC or running together?

MBC together with n75 for overboost protection.
Iaus

« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 01:30:05 PM »

change krkte back to the factory value for the TT225 injectors (tvub also) because you won't get a better calibration then Bosch unless you are going to run e85 or running the AWP 1.8t's factory "3bar" FPR.( Use a 4bar FPR from a 225TT or other audi, some of the v6 vw passats had them also or use an adjustable one) Adjust your fueling correction maps after. really you could just copy them over from the 225TT file also to get a better ball park figure and fine tune from there. Again Bosch spent alot of time getting those factory numbers using professional equipment. Maybe take a look at the TT225 boost PID also as its close already to what you'll need to make changes for. I think those frankenturbos have a tighter wastegate tension though but still you should get less overboost by using the 225TT boost PID settings. Also with krkte and tvub set to factory for the 225tt injector settings and fuel correction maps copied over and your fuel trims are > +5% or < -5% you have a vacuum or boost leak.

Whitch 225TT uses 4bar fuel pressure regulator.  Called the local vag dealer today and thay didnot se any other than 3bar?
technic

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2014, 01:35:30 PM »

The TT225 has 3bar fpr stock
userpike

« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 01:48:21 PM »

Whitch 225TT uses 4bar fuel pressure regulator.  Called the local vag dealer today and thay didnot se any other than 3bar?

yep, I was under the impression that they came with a 4 bar reg when really what some people are doing is switching to the 4bar reg when using the 386cc injectors from the tt225 to do a k04 swap from a k03. I apologize for carrying on misinformation, glad you caught it.
SB_GLI

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 03:20:30 PM »

yep, I was under the impression that they came with a 4 bar reg when really what some people are doing is switching to the 4bar reg when using the 386cc injectors from the tt225 to do a k04 swap from a k03. I apologize for carrying on misinformation, glad you caught it.

This actually clears some stuff up for me too.  With the GIAC tune, their k04-02x sotware, I was running the 225TT's maf and injectors because they were a requirement of the tune.  After starting to do a little tuning here, it is now clear to me why GIAC would make those requirements in a tune.  'Cause they are lazy bastards and just took their base maps from the stock 225TT tune.  I didn't realize that the 225TT was a 3bar.  Makes sense why GIAC didn't require a 4 bar FPR.  duh.

So should I stick with the 3 bar or would it benefit to use a 4bar?
userpike

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 04:30:58 PM »

This actually clears some stuff up for me too.  With the GIAC tune, their k04-02x sotware, I was running the 225TT's maf and injectors because they were a requirement of the tune.  After starting to do a little tuning here, it is now clear to me why GIAC would make those requirements in a tune.  'Cause they are lazy bastards and just took their base maps from the stock 225TT tune.  I didn't realize that the 225TT was a 3bar.  Makes sense why GIAC didn't require a 4 bar FPR.  duh.

So should I stick with the 3 bar or would it benefit to use a 4bar?

If you feel like spending the time to tune for the 4bar go for it. You'll get slightly better atomization and the injectors will be able to overachieve the rating of 386cc@3bar but not by much. What I mean by "not by much" is say you are running 3bar @386cc and you raise the pressure to 6bar effectivaly doubling the pressure, you'll only gain 1/3rd the total original flow.

Your pump will have to work harder all the time also and you'll find that the stock pump won't be able to keep up at higher rpm. That may even happen @ 3bar especially if its old. I assume if you can find a pump that drops in from a car that came with the 4bar reg then you'll be alright for the most part but you may as well go aftermarket.

As far as GIAC being lazy, I don't think so. They are selling a base map "safe" to flash and if you can get to one of their dealers and spend lots of money dyno tuning they'll go the extra mile and custom tune your ECU for whatever mods you have or want. Same thing with the other big name tuning companies. They all offer custom tuning of their software you just gotta go there or rent their hardware used to flash files to your ECU in some cases.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 04:36:48 PM by userpike » Logged
SB_GLI

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:17:19 AM »

New day, new file, new issues to knock out.

I am having an issue getting the ECU to request over 15psi.  Expecting ~20psi. 

Log is attached and here's a screenshot of my last pull.  Forget that WGDC is a mess in higher rpms for now Smiley.

EngineLoadRequested (rlsol_w) is maxing out at around 160 while specified is the values I'd expect (190s).  What could limiting my boost/load requested?
ddillenger

« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:22:08 AM »

KFLDHBN and KFTARX

Smiley
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 10:26:05 AM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
SB_GLI

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2014, 07:00:06 AM »

KFLDHBN and KFTARX

Smiley

KFLDHBN was the ticket.  I grabbed the 225TT map for this, as to not just max this table out, and all is well now. 

Also, I just learned of TLAFA last night as well.  The stock PL value it 2 seconds!  Set this to 0 (although I will experiment), but this should help me get more fuel initially and help with those lean spikes coming into full load.  Will log these changes when I get time... Note to self, if the TLAFA changes don't seem to take effect, check ZKLAMFAW.   Wink

Some tell me if I am off base here with fueling...
SB_GLI

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 06:39:07 AM »

Made some more progress on boost control.

I need to improve a bit more on my requested load though.  I feel like I might be a little low and I think something is limiting it.   I may need to increase LDRXN a bit more in the higher RPMs as I feel like I might be leaving some power on the table there.

Attached are two logs. the "meth" was taken immediately after the other one with w/m turned on.
SB_GLI

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2014, 09:00:26 AM »

Here's my latest set of changes and I am pretty content with the results.  No more MBC.  Boost ramps to 20-21psi, rises to 24psi around 4k and then decreases toward redline.  This is a w/m tune.

Perhaps mods should move this thread into the tuning subforum....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: