Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trying to flash my wifes W8 Passat, have a few questions.  (Read 6403 times)
B5in

« on: May 12, 2014, 07:50:43 AM »

First thing I want to say is I have done extensive searching about my questions and have tried a few different things and I am in desperate need to get this done so please excuse my noob questions  Smiley

Car: 2002 W8 Passat tiptronic (Immo3)
Cable: The blue one from amazon that a lot of people recommended
Computer: HP laptop running Win XP pro 32bit
Software: Current version of Nefmoto & FTDI D2XX driver

I purchased a tuned file with o2's coded out that's ready to go from someone reputable that's on here and I trust the file so I just need to flash it before I can get an emissions test ASAP

I purchased an extra ECU to test on before I flash my original ECU and also built a bench flashing system that I know works as it shows that I am connected to the ECU but it keeps telling me that one of the requirements are not met when I try to do a full read or full write, something about security or something. I popped the ecu open and tried  bootmode by grounding out pin #24 but when I do that Nefmoto won't connect to the ECU.

1st question is: Which memory layout do I use?

2nd question: If I can't read/write because of Immobilizer III working on the bench what are the exact steps in Nefmoto to flash my ecu in the car as I don't want to brick it.

pic of wifey's W8:
ddillenger

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 08:58:46 AM »

1. 29F800BB
2. Nefmoto won't OBD flash this car either in most cases Sad
3. Nefmoto won't boot flash, you must use galletto.

Welcome Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
B5in

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 09:41:46 AM »

1. 29F800BB
2. Nefmoto won't OBD flash this car either in most cases Sad
3. Nefmoto won't boot flash, you must use galletto.

Welcome Smiley

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll order the galletto 1260 right away.

Is it the cable or the software or both that allows me to read/write to the W8 ECU? The software disc that came with my blue cable looks exactly like the disc that comes with the Galletto, with the little panda on it  Cheesy

Also do I have to do it in bootmode or can I do it in the car?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:45:53 AM by B5in » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 10:01:13 AM »

You are going to have to do some more reading, all this is covered. Start with the "Galletto edited with proper english" sticky in the flashing section. It contains everything you need to use your current cable.

Then, read up on bootmode.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
coreyj03

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:39:45 PM »

you should sell this car as soon as you kill the cel,  w8=moneypit.   wait till the cam adjusters go out.  requires motor to be removed. Sad
B5in

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 07:58:30 PM »

ddillenger thank you soo much for the direction, you saved my life!!!!
ddillenger

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 08:08:28 PM »

ddillenger thank you soo much for the direction, you saved my life!!!!

Happy to help Smiley

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: