Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 490186 times)
phila_dot

« Reply #360 on: April 06, 2014, 11:32:29 AM »

If you want me to test it for you I can tomorrow.  I dont mind breaking my car, for science, lol.

You should link up with Daz and Mazer on this stuff though, I imagine the three of you working together would be more beneficial that doing your own things.  Kinda like an me7 super group.

I'm running A box software so it's currently written for and patched into an A box. It wont take much to put together an M box file though. Also, it is integrated with an updated version of my map switching software and has numerous dynamic options.

I'm attempting to cover all possible scenarios on the bench and on my personal car before releasing it for beta testing.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #361 on: April 06, 2014, 12:21:00 PM »

I can run A box, car was that originally anyway.

Either way, if you need a no consequence tester I am here. 

The mazer function is pretty damn solid so far, excited to see your take on all of it.  More options never hurt anyone.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
TheDSI

« Reply #362 on: April 08, 2014, 12:37:29 AM »

just some ideas :
- disable closed loop while banging for wideband ecu and lambda control
- skip the function when boost presure deviates from the target while banging with a threshold like 100 mBAR for exemple .
maZer.GTi

« Reply #363 on: April 08, 2014, 05:39:29 AM »

just some ideas :
- disable closed loop while banging for wideband ecu and lambda control
- skip the function when boost presure deviates from the target while banging with a threshold like 100 mBAR for exemple .

- Disable Closed Loop is possible to do.
- Do you mean to have a boost control while launch ?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #364 on: April 08, 2014, 09:00:59 AM »

You don't want boost control during the function.  You shouldn't be making your normal boost, you don't need that much. 

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
TheDSI

« Reply #365 on: April 08, 2014, 11:42:40 AM »

not for lunch but for NLS .
when I tested the common function on a freinds RS4 it boost a lot (2.1 bar peak boost stored in gauge)
i dont mean cut the function but skip the function until boost come down then restart the function like a condition for the function to be enabled .
PID con't handle this .
and open loop for wideband ECU is because wideband sensor is pretty responsive when hot and can lean the mixture just because unburnt fuel go to the exhaust .
maZer.GTi

« Reply #366 on: April 09, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »

not for lunch but for NLS .
when I tested the common function on a freinds RS4 it boost a lot (2.1 bar peak boost stored in gauge)
i dont mean cut the function but skip the function until boost come down then restart the function like a condition for the function to be enabled .
PID con't handle this .
and open loop for wideband ECU is because wideband sensor is pretty responsive when hot and can lean the mixture just because unburnt fuel go to the exhaust .

Sorry but i think many people would be interested in lowering boost while shifting.
That would defeat the entire point of using NLS to begin with.

How much are you overboosting on shifts?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 04:25:09 PM by ddillenger » Logged
ddillenger

« Reply #367 on: April 09, 2014, 04:27:55 PM »

This is a very uninformed statement. When the mixture doesn't burn it would go RICH. Raw fuel isn't detected by the o2 sensor, just the oxygen! It would read lean if anything.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
TheDSI

« Reply #368 on: April 10, 2014, 12:49:09 AM »

the car overboost 2.1 BAR on shifts . it's too mutch for k04 .
i don't want to kill boost but prevant turbo from overboosting 

some fuel must burn in the exhaust manifold, I can't predict what it will read but i thaught it was a good idea to desable closed loop and have a perfect control of lambda .
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #369 on: April 10, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »

This is a very uninformed statement. When the mixture doesn't burn it would go RICH. Raw fuel isn't detected by the o2 sensor, just the oxygen! It would read lean if anything.

This, misfires will run rich, but read lean.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
userpike

« Reply #370 on: April 10, 2014, 04:55:18 PM »

- Disable Closed Loop is possible to do.
- Do you mean to have a boost control while launch ?

I think boost control during launch would be ideal. You could set rpm and fine tune with boost or vice versa. If both were selectable on the fly, that would just be sick.. Shocked
phila_dot

« Reply #371 on: April 10, 2014, 05:28:42 PM »

It seems that everyone is missing the main priority which is controlling engine speed.

You can't just disable the function if boost pressure passes a setpoint because then engine speed will quickly shoot past it's setpoint. Simpy disabling the function will not work as whichever condition you put first will almost always stay in control.

If the boost pressure is too high during launch or NLS, then you must adjust the ignition angle or ignition cut duration (depending on method), but you still need to remain beyond the point of accelerating engine speed. IMO there really isn't a good way to set this on the fly and I don't think that a dynamic solution is a very good idea.
ddillenger

« Reply #372 on: April 10, 2014, 05:45:16 PM »

It seems that everyone is missing the main priority which is controlling engine speed.

You can't just disable the function if boost pressure passes a setpoint because then engine speed will quickly shoot past it's setpoint. Simpy disabling the function will not work as whichever condition you put first will almost always stay in control.

If the boost pressure is too high during launch or NLS, then you must adjust the ignition angle or ignition cut duration (depending on method), but you still need to remain beyond the point of accelerating engine speed. IMO there really isn't a good way to set this on the fly and I don't think that a dynamic solution is a very good idea.

This x10.

This is why the ignition angle is customizable guys. Set it to produce the boost you want. Some of these requests are a little overly complex.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
phila_dot

« Reply #373 on: April 10, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »

Can we move all talk of the new functions to mazer's thread and continue this there?
userpike

« Reply #374 on: April 10, 2014, 09:12:21 PM »

This x10.

Some of these requests are a little overly complex.

oh come on now..we just want this for our cars, only this.. I so wish!
http://youtu.be/A5DRCTW-Q7o

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: