Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 490188 times)
n0ble

« Reply #375 on: April 10, 2014, 10:28:04 PM »

oh come on now..we just want this for our cars, only this.. I so wish!
http://youtu.be/A5DRCTW-Q7o

Can someone post simple instructions on how I can get my Seat Ibiza 1.4tsi to do this? I reckon dsg gearbox or clutch would die completely after 15 launches Lmao :-D
TheDSI

« Reply #376 on: April 11, 2014, 12:59:29 AM »

It seems that everyone is missing the main priority which is controlling engine speed.

You can't just disable the function if boost pressure passes a setpoint because then engine speed will quickly shoot past it's setpoint. Simpy disabling the function will not work as whichever condition you put first will almost always stay in control.

If the boost pressure is too high during launch or NLS, then you must adjust the ignition angle or ignition cut duration (depending on method), but you still need to remain beyond the point of accelerating engine speed. IMO there really isn't a good way to set this on the fly and I don't think that a dynamic solution is a very good idea.
missed that point, you're right .
but launch control don't react like NLS .
so different setting of ignition retard or cut must be applied .
userpike

« Reply #377 on: April 11, 2014, 07:56:40 AM »

It seems that everyone is missing the main priority which is controlling engine speed.

I get it with the NLS but shouldn't torque be the limiting factor for launch control, or wheel spin, not necessarily engine speed, after all it is "excessive" torque that produces wheel spin. I think if someone could hack our ABS/ASR and have wheelspin detected during launch (I'm guessing the signal would have to go through CAN) the end result would be something similar to the porsche vid. Why couldn't MaZeR modify the function so torque is limited when wheel spin is detected, torque is limited in say 2 degree increments sequentially until wheel spin is back under control. If it's a single wheel losing traction, an adjusted ASR function could take care of that but how it normally does with the brakes. I know this is like way over ambitious/complicated, but I've wanted inside the ABS module for a long time, I think there's some launch secrets to be had in there. I just don't have the ability to reverse engineer like that.
phila_dot

« Reply #378 on: April 11, 2014, 09:19:58 AM »

This is already a function of the ECU.

The ECU only receives a torque request from the ABS module and responds with torque intervention.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #379 on: April 11, 2014, 11:00:43 AM »

You want some wheel spin.  You also do not want the brakes.  People are over thinking this.  The new function is just about perfect, its up to you to get it setup for your application, which isn't hard.

cartoons?
6A 61 72 65 64 40 76 6C 6D 73 70 65 63
userpike

« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2014, 04:37:22 PM »

You want some wheel spin.  You also do not want the brakes.  People are over thinking this.  The new function is just about perfect, its up to you to get it setup for your application, which isn't hard.

My understanding is you want to be as close to the threshold of breaking traction as possible = "some wheel spin". I get that, but I'm talking about after the initial launch but still in first gear. I want to hold WOT from launch to end of the run. right now first gear @ WOT is all spin city after launch and I have to feather the pedal. I Know about the function to limit load by gear but as speed picks up so will the amount of load required to maintain acceleration. What if i need to only limit load to like 25% until 3500 rpm where i can increase the amount of available load because I'm no longer losing traction but i can still accelerate faster. The need for more load is dynamic in this situation and you can only limit the load by a percentage of max load IIRC in that function. I want a way for the computer instead of my request to ramp load up as acceleration and speed increases as it would take out operator error. yea yea "learn some drag racing skills" right? well its what everyone else is going to it seems...the guy in the porsche vid holds it to the floor and doesn't let up at all. how are we going to compete with that? just put an even bigger turbo on it and play catch up? That does sound fun too though lol
ddillenger

« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2014, 04:51:31 PM »

It just dawned on me that some people are using this on FWD.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #382 on: April 11, 2014, 05:45:58 PM »

It just dawned on me that some people are using this on FWD.

ugh. bites tongue.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
ddillenger

« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2014, 05:52:22 PM »

Shannon, you are still overthinking it. Reduce the ignition angle that is used for launch control until you achieve a boost level that is condusive to launching.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
userpike

« Reply #384 on: April 12, 2014, 08:01:16 AM »

Shannon, you are still overthinking it. Reduce the ignition angle that is used for launch control until you achieve a boost level that is condusive to launching.

kk.

Alright, I'll keep going.
Snow Trooper

« Reply #385 on: April 12, 2014, 08:59:07 AM »

My understanding is you want to be as close to the threshold of breaking traction as possible = "some wheel spin". I get that, but I'm talking about after the initial launch but still in first gear. I want to hold WOT from launch to end of the run. right now first gear @ WOT is all spin city after launch and I have to feather the pedal. I Know about the function to limit load by gear but as speed picks up so will the amount of load required to maintain acceleration. What if i need to only limit load to like 25% until 3500 rpm where i can increase the amount of available load because I'm no longer losing traction but i can still accelerate faster. The need for more load is dynamic in this situation and you can only limit the load by a percentage of max load IIRC in that function. I want a way for the computer instead of my request to ramp load up as acceleration and speed increases as it would take out operator error. yea yea "learn some drag racing skills" right? well its what everyone else is going to it seems...the guy in the porsche vid holds it to the floor and doesn't let up at all. how are we going to compete with that? just put an even bigger turbo on it and play catch up? That does sound fun too though lol

Because you need to keep the function active until 15 mph or so.  I have been telling people that one for a while.  On awd cars I keep it active until 8-10 mph.

cartoons?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #386 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:32 PM »

Is the new code harsh like the old, or does the engine just kind of lay down under load until you launch?
Snow Trooper

« Reply #387 on: April 16, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »

It is smoother if you dial it in.  Still working on it.

cartoons?
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #388 on: April 16, 2014, 03:55:21 PM »

Awesome.  I can't wait to explode my rear diff 200 miles from home. Cheesy
maZer.GTi

« Reply #389 on: April 16, 2014, 04:46:38 PM »

Awesome.  I can't wait to explode my rear diff 200 miles from home. Cheesy

Wanna try with current version? Wink
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 40
  Print