Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40
Author Topic: Anti-lag launch and no-lift-shift secrets inside  (Read 488851 times)
mickeyd1984

« Reply #570 on: October 15, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »

That file, and that xdf don't seem to have much in common...

thank you for looking. I am a little confused about how they have very little in common. Would you mind elaborating.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #571 on: October 15, 2016, 05:39:48 PM »

I am a little confused about how they have very little in common. Would you mind elaborating.

What makes you think the xdf you posted goes with the bin you posted?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
goffa1

« Reply #572 on: October 17, 2016, 11:01:48 AM »

To change the subject, running a AUM engine with a drive by wire throttle. For my particular application I want to hold the car on the start line, at low to medium revs (2500 t0 3000), build up the mass air flow, then launch the car with minimum wheel spin on a loose or slippy surface.
Having a minimum engine "load" registered, the throttle pedal is not directly corolated to the throttle plate resulting in a reduced mass flow of air through the engine even if the engine revs are increasing. A solution to this is to introduce a load to the engine system by engaging a gear and running the engine against locked brakes, this loads up the management system, the engine believes it is under load and the throttle plate opens giving more air mass flow.
See enclosed graph Overall Test in Satstart logger spreadsheet.
The question is can the throttle plate be controlled during the launch control proceedure? 
Tim

« Reply #573 on: October 17, 2016, 11:52:03 AM »

To change the subject, running a AUM engine with a drive by wire throttle. For my particular application I want to hold the car on the start line, at low to medium revs (2500 t0 3000), build up the mass air flow, then launch the car with minimum wheel spin on a loose or slippy surface.
Having a minimum engine "load" registered, the throttle pedal is not directly corolated to the throttle plate resulting in a reduced mass flow of air through the engine even if the engine revs are increasing. A solution to this is to introduce a load to the engine system by engaging a gear and running the engine against locked brakes, this loads up the management system, the engine believes it is under load and the throttle plate opens giving more air mass flow.
See enclosed graph Overall Test in Satstart logger spreadsheet.
The question is can the throttle plate be controlled during the launch control proceedure? 

I'm sorry you spent 6.5 secs against your brakes?? Do you have something personal against the clutch or just the whole transmission in general?

There's no need to reverse engineer common sense.
goffa1

« Reply #574 on: October 18, 2016, 01:24:03 AM »

For a turbo engine with a drive by wire system the ecu is the link between the throttle pedal position and the throttle plate position. If the ecu see,s no (engine torque) load then the engine can rev up using as little air mass as possible to achieve the desired engine speed. If a load (torque) against the engine is introduced then the ecu reacts, it see,s the load and more energy (i.e. mass air flow) is created by the engine to balance out against the applied load. Example if starting on a steep uphill incline, the engine has to produce greater "torque" per engine revolution in order to accelerate the vehicle uphill. For launch control it is desirable to maximise the air mass flow rate ( i.e. spool up the turbo) to create the best achievable torque at the lowest practical engine revs. After all it is available engine torque that accelerates the the vehicle.

My query: is it possible to to control the throttle plate angle independent of the throttle pedal position during launch control and throttle over run / over boost?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #575 on: October 18, 2016, 04:20:21 AM »

The current public form of this antilag routine does not include throttleplate control, it is only a hardcut on the ignition while keeping fuel on. Maybe if you would artificially request load during the routine, the ecu would open the throttle more, or if you hardcode the throttleplate angle during the routine... The problem is you would have to think about a lot of ME7 safety features that have to be manipulated or disabled.
I also think it would become very violent, since the current form already makes big explosions with only minimal throttle.
Mazer has been working on a new routine that was more aggressive in the tests, but I think this work will not be made public to the forum since there has been no word about it since. Maybe the testcars have exploded the turbo's and manifolds  Cheesy
 If you feel capable to rework the routine publicly, go ahead  Grin I would be interested to see if the results of hardware damage on stock engines will cause less new people to ask about this ultra popular code modification Tongue

prj

« Reply #576 on: October 18, 2016, 06:02:57 AM »

@TijnCU - with the current LC routine the throttle is already wide open. To build more boost ignition retard needs to be introduced.
As for the guy above you - please read a book about the basic operation of an internal combustion engine, because you got some stuff WAY wrong.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #577 on: October 18, 2016, 12:35:08 PM »

Oh I didnt know that (never logged the launch function), thought the only thing that was hacked was ignition dwell time in this version  Smiley

Joker68

« Reply #578 on: October 19, 2016, 11:03:47 PM »

Hello ,

can anyone help me to aplly script on this file?

thank you
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #579 on: October 19, 2016, 11:11:28 PM »

Hello ,

can anyone help me to aplly script on this file?

thank you

You're seriously not even going to try it yourself first?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Joker68

« Reply #580 on: October 20, 2016, 12:29:46 AM »

Ok i try it First, And please how About missfires how i can this control off?
TijnCU

flying brick

« Reply #581 on: October 20, 2016, 01:16:22 AM »

Script topic is a few lines down from here. This topic is about secrets  Lips sealed

mrgabamo

« Reply #582 on: November 05, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »

What are the best settings for a "smoother" anti lag? Im using FTOMN 0.2 and 3500rpm for launchRPM, have 3" downpipe and 2,5" exhaust. Atm its hitting too hard, feels like soft launch for 1 to 2s then suddenly throws a huge fire shot, usually just one.
I would like to make it more linear and smoother, like frequent "medium" pops, not one huge alone. Its not building boots this way.

Video: https://youtu.be/aAPra5j96NM
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 12:50:44 PM by mrgabamo » Logged
vwaudiguy

« Reply #583 on: November 05, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »

Its not building boots this way.

I like boots.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
gt-innovation

« Reply #584 on: November 05, 2016, 03:57:18 PM »

What are the best settings for a "smoother" anti lag? Im using FTOMN 0.2 and 3500rpm for launchRPM, have 3" downpipe and 2,5" exhaust. Atm its hitting too hard, feels like soft launch for 1 to 2s then suddenly throws a huge fire shot, usually just one.
I would like to make it more linear and smoother, like frequent "medium" pops, not one huge alone. Its not building boots this way.

Video: https://youtu.be/aAPra5j96NM

FTOMN 0 if you don`t have an 29f400 based ecu.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40
  Print  

Jump to: