Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Motronic M38x & M592 EEprom & RAM Read/Write  (Read 4952 times)
eliotroyano

« on: May 19, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »

Hi friends. To be short I have playing a little with Monoscan and notice in the past that serial eeprom & processor RAM (64K) can be read using that software.

Playing a little I notice that basically ECU takes eeprom content, locate in RAM (I found at $0C250 - $0C350 in RAM of my 06A906018CG ECU) uses it and send back to serial eeprom. I don't know really if that occurs when car is turned off or periodically, but for sure it is done to save temporal data.... like adaptation channels.

Also some parts of flash eeprom are read directly from 29F200 flash eeprom, located in RAM and used.

Another tip is that MPPS required +12V voltage for flash eeprom write at ECU´s pin 43, generate some kind of boot mode, it send a little code to RAM, is saved in serial eeprom, you turn on ECU again, and channel is open write/flash procedure. When ECU is turned OFF / ON again, it comes back to original state, but I really don't know if that little procedure, program code or call remains in the serial eeprom or not.

Looking at 8XC196 (87C196 in my case) processor technical data, I notice that code should be located from $2080H (where is the reset code) and it factory test code is from $2012H to $2080H.

Then to finish I notice that KW1281 protocol in some docs around the net have read/write ram, eeprom, eprom, etc.... commands. That plus the Monoscan software capacity to read that internal parts of the ECU indicates me that should be possible to do useful procedures in the ECU. Common diagnostic software doesn't includes this commands.

Sorry to write so much, but I just want to share some info, maybe someone could find it useful or interesting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 05:52:03 PM by eliotroyano » Logged
overspeed

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 02:46:02 PM »

I noticed MPPS made some sorte of boot, I try using an new blank 29F200 sometimes and it writes like a charm  Grin
ecuprog7

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 01:05:53 AM »

Hi, i´m trying to write ram and/or eeprom on a M3.8.2 but by now nothing with success. I always get Not aknowledge back. Is there a login needed? thanks in forward for help.
ecuprog
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: