Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
Author Topic: EepromTool - decodes/modifies eeprom bins to immo off, set vin, get SKC, etc  (Read 206860 times)
rysiektr

Thanks,  great work turbat
Can confirm that eepromtool can immo off a ME 7.1.1, Golf 5, R32, 022906032CD, with 95160 eeprom.

Read in 2048bytes
Setting Immobiliser: Off
- Immobiliser Off
- Setting backup pages
- Correcting checksums

- Write Successful

Read in 2048bytes
EEPROM Status:
- Type: ECU_eeprom
- Version: Immo2
- VIN: WVWZZZ1KZ6W0..... (VW 2006 - Golf and Jetta 5, 6, Wolfsburg, Germany)
- SKC: 06520
- Immobiliser: Error, set Immo - Current values: 0x12 = 0x04, 0x22 = 0x04
- Checksum: Invalid Checksum
- Size: 2048bytes - 512bytes expected, check this is a eeprom bin
- Cluster Code: 87 9E 5D 0B EA F2 5F
- P0601 DTC: not set
- Immo ID: VWZ7Z0E27.....
- Softcoding ID: 0132
- Tuner Tag: Not Set
- Flash Programming (successful): 4
- Flash Programming (attempts): 149

Hi did you have any problems with read DCT's when you turn off immobiliser?
matt2005

« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2019, 01:52:11 PM »

@ turboat, I've submitted a PR on github to merge my conversion to python3.

I plan on extending the Cluster support, but it made sense to convert it first to python3.
I already have a version that seems to work for my mk1 TT cluster that I wrote in 2013, however it's exclusive to the TT clusters.
I'm not a developer but I know how to do some coding so I think I can help extend it.

Do you have the dumps that you originally used so I can add some tests to ensure it doesn't break anything.

Thanks
Matt
dclifford40

« Reply #137 on: March 21, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »

command string

I'm not sure where exactly to ask this question,, and apologize if this is in the wrong place

I intend to turn off the immo 3 in a TT I got recently with a bad cluster,,,I cant read data from it, the board is fried.
I have pulled my 95040.bin file and compared it to many of the -immo off files, but it seems doing it this way is easier.
I am not sure of the string to do it with this tool
I have the SKC for the ecm
The string I used to get my file is;
Desktop\me7_95040.exe --OBD -r -p 5 95040.bin

The questions;
Does the ECU need to be put in boot mode when I start connecting everything on my bench rig (jump pin # 24 to ground)?
Guess Im looking for a sample string that is a little more clear..
not great with command 

appreciate any help,,,if I figure this out Ill post a guide for dummies

To change immo or VIN:
$ ./95040tool.exe --in Immo\ bin\ with\ SKC\ 05557.bin --immo off --out immoff.bin
Setting Immobiliser: Off
- Immobiliser Off
- Setting backup pages
- Correcting checksums

Writing eeprom bin to: immoff.bin
- Write Successful

$ ./95040tool.exe --in immoff.bin --vin YOURVINGOESHERE00 --out immoffvin.bin
Setting VIN to YOURVINGOESHERE00
- Setting backup pages
- Correcting checksums

Writing eeprom bin to: immoffvin.bin
- Write Successful

$ ./95040tool.exe immoffvin.bin
EEPROM Status:
- VIN: YOURVINGOESHERE00
- SKC: 05557
- Immobiliser: Off
- Checksum: OK
- Size: 512bytes
- Cluster Code: 69 D9 38 E6 D3 B2
- P0601 DTC: not set
- Immo ID: UX6Z0D0454942

Risky

Yes ECU has to be put into boot mode. I assume you are trying to write to the ECU now, no? If so use me7_95040 --bootmode -wp5 95040.bin. If you didn't already know, you can just type in me7_95040.exe and it will give you all the commands.
DadJorts

need a bit of guidance here, from a 24v me7.1.1 5p083c. The immo was "professionaly" deleted by a local mobile guy, decided to do it myself once i got it back and noticed the eeprom error fault. This is the initial result with the tool, i take it the experimental part of the tool is still, well, experimental? I've attached the .bin for the curious. Any pointers on where to start with for immo off?
Huge thanks to turboat for the tool!

Read in 1024bytes
Found 1024b bin - parsing as a R32 bin - experimental
ERROR: 1024byte file detected, but the last 512bytes are not all padded with 0xFF, this file is may be a corupt dump, a cluster dump or something other than an eeprom dump, open it with a hex editor - if this is a valid eeprom please post the file and vehicle info on the thread for this tool

EEPROM Status:
- Version: Immo3
- VIN: 3VWVH69M83M155367 (VW Mexico 2003)
- SKC: 065535
- Immobiliser: Error, set Immo - Current values: 0x12 = 0xFF, 0x22 = 0xFF
- Size: 1024bytes - 512bytes expected, check this is a eeprom bin
- Cluster Code: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
- P0601 DTC: set to FF FF
- Immo ID: VWZ7Z0C6692238
- Softcoding ID: 0032
- Tuner Tag:
- Flash Programming (successful): 0
- Flash Programming (attempts): 0
elektronik13

need a bit of guidance here, from a 24v me7.1.1 5p083c. The immo was "professionaly" deleted by a local mobile guy, decided to do it myself once i got it back and noticed the eeprom error fault. This is the initial result with the tool, i take it the experimental part of the tool is still, well, experimental? I've attached the .bin for the curious. Any pointers on where to start with for immo off?
Huge thanks to turboat for the tool!

Read in 1024bytes
Found 1024b bin - parsing as a R32 bin - experimental
ERROR: 1024byte file detected, but the last 512bytes are not all padded with 0xFF, this file is may be a corupt dump, a cluster dump or something other than an eeprom dump, open it with a hex editor - if this is a valid eeprom please post the file and vehicle info on the thread for this tool

EEPROM Status:
- Version: Immo3
- VIN: 3VWVH69M83M155367 (VW Mexico 2003)
- SKC: 065535
- Size: 1024bytes - 512bytes expected, check this is a eeprom bin
- Cluster Code: FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
- P0601 DTC: set to FF FF
- Immo ID: VWZ7Z0C6692238
- Softcoding ID: 0032
- Tuner Tag:
- Flash Programming (successful): 0
- Flash Programming (attempts): 0

here you have a file, yours
please report
DadJorts

worked like a charm! thank again man
stanggenius

Need help!! Attaching Files. I'll be happy to buy anyone a beer if they can get me out of this mess!!

I need to pair my cluster and ECU, or disable the Immo on the ECU. CLuster just shows immo active and wont stay running. Keys are good, cluster says ecu not boind to it thought obd2 scan. Tring to fix with this software and when I run the software on the cluster it gives:

Read in 4096bytes
WARNING: cannot decode VIN, try setting VIN to fix
WARNING: cannot decode ImmmoID
EEPROM Status:
- Version: Immo2
- VIN:
- SKC: 065312
- Size: 4096bytes - 512bytes expected, check this is a eeprom bin
- Cluster Code: 48 30 38 FF FF FF FF
- P0601 DTC: set to FF 32
- Immo ID:
- Softcoding ID: 65328
- Tuner Tag: Not Set
- Flash Programming (successful): 255
- Flash Programming (attempts): 255

ERROR: Output file must be supplied when correcting checksum, setting immo or ch
anging VIN.

nyet
Administrator

Did you supply an output filename? If not, why not?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stanggenius

I did, I may have copied the wrong output. I tried a bunch of times and did get it to output by stating the VIN. I was also able to get it to do the immo delete but the pair function returned the same error about the immobilizer in my previous post. Am I missing something? I'm new at this and don't want to screw it up further. Basically my understanding is I need those two files to pair so I can write them back, or I need to do the immo delete to get to my end goal which is get my Jetta to start again. If anyone can offer any suggestions or confirm what I need to do that would be awesome!!
stanggenius

Here's what I get when I try to pair the two:

C:\tools>eep --in ins.bin --out pairedins.bin --pair eepromedc17.bin
Read in 4096bytes
WARNING: cannot decode VIN, try setting VIN to fix
WARNING: cannot decode ImmmoID
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 794, in <module>
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 782, in main
AttributeError: ecueeprom instance has no attribute 'pair'
[948] Failed to execute script eepromtool_04
nyet
Administrator

Looks like that file isn't supported by the tool, unfortunately.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
stanggenius

Ok,

Can anyone verify that this file is modded correctly? I ran it through the software with no errors, but just want to see if anyone has any clue how to be sure that it will work, or at least not brick my ECU before I flash it back? Attaching File. Also, if anyone has any more info on how to pair my original cluster and ECU back together, please PM me, or tell me where to post. Both dumps I have from cluster and ECU are in my original post. Here's the one I would like to try flashing that wouldn't fix the immo, but hopefully bypass it. And at this point, if I can get anyone who has used this siftware to maybe compare it against theres to let me know if I should be good to go to upload back to the ECU, or if its gonna screw things up worse. I just don't want to get any deeper!!!

Thanks all!!
elektronik13

Ok,

Can anyone verify that this file is modded correctly? I ran it through the software with no errors, but just want to see if anyone has any clue how to be sure that it will work, or at least not brick my ECU before I flash it back? Attaching File. Also, if anyone has any more info on how to pair my original cluster and ECU back together, please PM me, or tell me where to post. Both dumps I have from cluster and ECU are in my original post. Here's the one I would like to try flashing that wouldn't fix the immo, but hopefully bypass it. And at this point, if I can get anyone who has used this siftware to maybe compare it against theres to let me know if I should be good to go to upload back to the ECU, or if its gonna screw things up worse. I just don't want to get any deeper!!!

Thanks all!!

I think that this file is useless
stanggenius

That's what I wondered.... Something seemed off when creating it. Shootout im no expert! Someone helped generate one that isn't corrupt for me in these forums and I appreciate everyone's help!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15
  Print  

Jump to: