Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
Author Topic: EepromTool - decodes/modifies eeprom bins to immo off, set vin, get SKC, etc  (Read 206866 times)
Nic88

hi,

can someone please point me in the right direction. using Argdubs tool i pulled the skc which was 65535. that never worked on vcds when i tried to program the replacement ecu to the cluster. i then read this links and downloaded the tool of github and ran that. below is the outputs. it says it disabled the immo successfully and wrote it back but it never.  can someone please let me know what im doing wrong with the tools or is there a way to get the correct ecu skc.

c:\users\nic\desktop\eepromtool --in file.bin --immo off --out immooff.bin

Read in 512bytes
Settings Immobiliser: Off
    Immobiliser OFF
- Setting backup pages
-Correcting checksums

-write successful

c:\users\nic\desktop\eepromtool --in immoff.bin --status
Read in 512bytes
EEprom Status
- Type: ECU_eeprom
-Version: Immo3
-Vin: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
 SKC 65535
 Immoboliser: OFF
-Checksum: OK
-Size: 512Bytes
-Cluster Code: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
-P0601 DTC: nt set
-Immo ID: XXXXXXXXX
-Softcoding ID: 0031
_Tuner tag:
_Flash Programming <successful>:0
-Flash Programming <attempts>:0
macxxx

« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2021, 12:22:45 AM »

Wrote you in the second topic - its immo2 so you dont need pin from ecu , just from cluster
Nic88

« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2021, 01:32:20 AM »

yeah macxxx, i saw that afterwards. its odd though that the tool says its immo3. and on that i actually tried the Immo2 adaptation on vcds and it didnt work. il get that dumps for you and post it in the next hour
macxxx

« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2021, 01:49:12 AM »

If you have immo off adaptation wont work
Nic88

« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2021, 02:07:22 AM »

so i just went to do the adaptation again on the car... this time login into the instrument module first. (even though ross tech doesn't mention that step) and it worked, car is idling. so yes definitely was a immo 2 ecu. i think what confused me was that the output said the ecu was immo3 when it wasnt. thanks for pointing that out macxxx
macxxx

« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2021, 02:32:11 PM »

You should never trust any software for 100%  Wink For me its quicker to use hex editor and calculator that this soft
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 02:35:38 PM by macxxx » Logged
Nic88

hi guys, so im back with another build that came my way in the week. long story short, its an AUQ mk4 jetta that had a fried ecu due to dodgy 02 sensor connections. i got hold of a audi AUM ecu and tried the vcds adaptation but that fails and says "system not ok". on another thread  i see the guys mentioning a difference with the immobilizers that can cause this, but the last comments are in 2014 so dont really want to resurrect that . what would the best route be, just remove immo off the audi ecu or transfer the eeprom over from the fried ecu. the car still starts with the fried ecu, its just the throttle that is dead.  seeing as my last issue i had was on a immo 2 ecu i didnt need to play around with the tools that much. if i do attempt the immo off, can i do it all with this tool and write it to the ecu plugged in or do i have to go the route of grounding the pin etc, ideally i dont want to mess around with the actual ecu... thanks in advance
Nic88

Forget the above. After spending a few hours trying to write the eeprom with the ecu in the car and failing. I took a old harness and cut the obd and ecu plugs off and made a bench harness. Wrote the new file to the ecu now I'm sorted. Thanks to the guys that wrote the tools... May the car God's bless you
mourison

Hi,
Does anyone have an EEPROM bin from a new unpaired unit? I'm trying to figure out how to make the old "new", so I'd like to compare the differences Smiley
Thank you
bamofo

Hi,
Does anyone have an EEPROM bin from a new unpaired unit? I'm trying to figure out how to make the old "new", so I'd like to compare the differences Smiley
Thank you

Look up Virgin on this site and you will find a few.
Usernameno1willtake

Looking for details how to match a 95040 virgin to an original cluster IMMO ON. i dont want anyone to do it for me i would like to know what goes where cause when i make it manually in hxd the vin doesn show up right nor does the immo id. i will link all files (original Cluster 4b092981P, Virgin_95040 and my "edited one 95040chksm" i thought to be right.)
Usernameno1willtake

Looking for details how to match a 95040 virgin to an original cluster IMMO ON. i dont want anyone to do it for me i would like to know what goes where cause when i make it manually in hxd the vin doesn show up right nor does the immo id. i will link all files (original Cluster 4b092981P, Virgin_95040 and my "edited one 95040chksm" i thought to be right.)

this is trying to use the pair command with eepromtool_04

C:\ME7>eepromtool_04 --in cluster.bin
Read in 2048bytes
Detected 2kb bin, parsing as a cluster eeprom (prevent this guessing by using --force)
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 2 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 2 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: cannot decode VIN, try setting VIN to fix
WARNING: cannot decode ImmmoID
EEPROM Status:
- Type: Cluster
- VIN:
- SKC: 02553
- Cluster Code: 45 A4 B6 64 C8 E8 03
- Immo ID:

C:\ME7>eepromtool_04 --in virgin_95040.bin
Read in 512bytes
EEPROM Status:
- Type: ECU_eeprom
- Version: Immo2
- VIN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- SKC: 065535
- Immobiliser: Off
- Checksum: Invalid Checksum
- Size: 512bytes
- Cluster Code: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
- P0601 DTC: not set
- Immo ID:
- Softcoding ID: 65535
- Tuner Tag:
- Flash Programming (successful): 0
- Flash Programming (attempts): 0

C:\ME7>eepromtool_04.exe --in cluster.bin --out paired95040.bin --pair Virgin_95040.bin
Read in 2048bytes
Detected 2kb bin, parsing as a cluster eeprom (prevent this guessing by using --force)
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 2 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 1 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: Cluster Code Block 2 and 3 do not match, this may indicate an error in the file, or a format not supported by this tool
WARNING: cannot decode VIN, try setting VIN to fix
Read in 512bytes
Setting VIN to XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ERROR: VIN number must be 14 characters
ERROR: Could not set Immo ID
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 794, in <module>
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 782, in main
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 631, in pair
  File "eepromtool_04.py", line 620, in setImmoID
NameError: global name 'exit' is not defined
[8568] Failed to execute script eepromtool_04
stuydub

if your immo 2 u dont need pins or anything just use vcds and adapt ecu in adaption channel 0
doublerwest

so i just went to do the adaptation again on the car... this time login into the instrument module first. (even though ross tech doesn't mention that step) and it worked, car is idling. so yes definitely was a immo 2 ecu. i think what confused me was that the output said the ecu was immo3 when it wasnt. thanks for pointing that out macxxx
If this tool says immo3 then its prolly immo 3 file.. immo 3 files will work on an immo 2 box figured that out the hard way ...I set my guage cluster to immo3 settings tinkering with it vcds obdeleven couldnt fiqure out what to change back to correct it late nights will do that to you and had to port in a immo 3 file to get it to stop throwing a data bus code of some sort pain in the arse...

W357
Usernameno1willtake

if your immo 2 u dont need pins or anything just use vcds and adapt ecu in adaption channel 0

i guess im a bit confused then, so using the 95040 skc logging into the ecu with the virgin 95040 (dont have original) then adapt it to the cluster? nothing more?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: