Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: 2008 B7 A4 2.0TFSI Tiptronic - 8E1907115G  (Read 37124 times)
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 03:49:29 PM »

You've already got a leg up with a background in Maestro. Now it's just a matter of putting the name to the map, and figuring out how to properly use it. You'll realize that Maestro employs a lot of hacks to do what it does Smiley

Ya, I agree. I feel a bit "mislead" in my understanding of what the ECU does. I am already starting to love this WinOLS so much though, I spent about 4 hours last night just scanning and looking for maps in a A3 hex dump.

Quick question. The 115G file has three sets of KFZW/KFZW2 maps. I guess that it employs a different set of maps based on what the conditions are, or it is a different set for the different transmission types. Is this correct? If so, which set is used for the manual cars?

$1C8428;KFZW;12x16
$1C84E8;KFZW2;12x16
$1C85A8;KFZW;12x16
$1C8668;KFZW2;12x16
$1C8728;KFZW;12x16
$1C87E8;KFZW2;12x16
ddillenger

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 03:54:17 PM »

That file is used for many different configurations. I'm not sure the order, but I am confident in saying that there are multiple maps to account for the differences in calibrations when dealing with auto vs manual, etc. That's usually the case. The FR might cover it, I don't recall. give it a read :0

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 05:19:50 PM »

That file is used for many different configurations. I'm not sure the order, but I am confident in saying that there are multiple maps to account for the differences in calibrations when dealing with auto vs manual, etc. That's usually the case. The FR might cover it, I don't recall. give it a read :0

I am working my way through the FR, and I am gaining an understanding as to why people can be proud/protective of their tunes. It is a lot of work and information. Really good stuff though, and I hope that I will be contributing to this forums with intelligent and useful information in the near future.

For now, I will just make changes to all parallel maps the same so that I know I am hitting the one I need.
epy
ddillenger

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2014, 05:43:49 PM »

Yeah, if it were me and I was coming into this with a background in maestro, I would put real names to the maps I knew, and determine how they should be used based on the documentation Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
smelly240

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2014, 12:54:44 PM »

Or just ask dillinger all the time because hes friendly Cheesy  JK

heres some hpfp things added.

I tinker with this file still but since its football season my roommate takes his b7 a4 to WV for every WVU Home game...  I did a bit more on the A3 files but i sold that car and got b7 s4 because im a glutton for punishment Cheesy

big stupid grumbly gas guzzling oil burning v8...  but the sound it makes Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 12:57:31 PM by smelly240 » Logged
smelly240

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2014, 01:09:08 PM »

and in csv

ericpaulyoung

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2014, 11:40:36 PM »

Looking at the KFLDRL map, I am unable to find an axis address that will match up. What address are you using for this map?

epy
smelly240

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 09:54:50 AM »

its in the mappack.  Does it not show it in a csv map list?

Y axis 1CA5E4
X axis 1CF7F2

also - im pretty sure this one has 3 sets of rail pressure tables (like its 3 ldrxn, kfzw etc)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 10:03:37 AM by smelly240 » Logged
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2014, 02:11:52 PM »

I can't open the darn mappack, as I have the 1.7.2 version of the program. Tried installing the newer version, but no luck Sad So I am stuck trying to use this older one which is not very useful because I think I am the only one using it !

Let me check those addresses Smiley Thank you.
epy
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2014, 09:05:15 PM »

OK, here is the weird thing. That address does not work. Maybe my file is not what it said it was?? I have no idea. Here is the file I am practicing on. It should be the same one.

Also, when I open the bin in Winols, it has this message. What does it mean, and what should I choose?

smelly240

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 05:03:08 AM »

Are you using the original i posted in the ori section?  I think you've gotta read more before actually modifying a file.  Also try to get the newer winols so the mappack works and makes ur life way easier.

This isnt a good file to learn on at all - its harder than a normal MED9.1 because its got multiple of each table (one for tiptronic, one for cvt and one for manual).  Its a little more difficult than a mk5/a3 or even a slightly older B7 A4.

What kind of car are you trying to modify? 
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 06:20:31 AM »

Are you using the original i posted in the ori section?  I think you've gotta read more before actually modifying a file.  Also try to get the newer winols so the mappack works and makes ur life way easier.

This isnt a good file to learn on at all - its harder than a normal MED9.1 because its got multiple of each table (one for tiptronic, one for cvt and one for manual).  Its a little more difficult than a mk5/a3 or even a slightly older B7 A4.

What kind of car are you trying to modify? 

I am actually not even trying to modify anything yet; just trying to get a hang of identifying maps. That's it, and I am already getting stuck :/ A little frustrating, but I guess it is part of the process.

I "think" it is the file you posted, but I will check to make sure. With my memory, I could just be on the wrong file Smiley

The car to be modified is a 2008 A4 2.0 FSI. I have tuned it myself for the last couple years on Maestro with great success. Before that, it was on APR tunes. The car is modified from top to bottom; some good, some maybe not perfect, but definitely nothing is left of it that is stock. You can read most of the car's life story on AZ (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/480302-(ericpaulyoung)-Small-Frame-Turbo-Build).

In its current incarnation, it is being prepped with sequential turbos (GT25 and a GT35) and some fueling stuff.

epy
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 08:26:28 PM »

Looking at the LAMFA, I think the start address should be 1D6D8A instead of 1D6D89.

What (address, factor, offset) are you using for the x and y axis for LAMFA?
epy
ddillenger

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

LAMFA:

There are 3.

1D6D8A
1D6E02
1D6E7A

Always be weary of maps that are not 16 bit aligned (start at an odd number).

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
ericpaulyoung

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 08:59:44 PM »

Cool. I thought the address in the mappack was off. I am starting to get the hang of this (I think) Smiley

What are the addresses/factor/offset you are using for the x and y axis for LAMFA and KFLBTS?

epy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: