Pages: [1]
Author Topic: knock off cable works on one computer but not another??  (Read 4333 times)
mounty

« on: June 04, 2014, 08:41:37 AM »

So I ended up with a cheap Chinese knock off cable. It's labeled as Ross tech.  Has his site etc. And it works just fine for vcds on one laptop with the drivers on the included disk.  But I installed on another that I have nefmoto on and now vcds won't even recognize it when I open vcds on that computer. And obviously nefmoto won't work without a cable....   so...  do I need a new cable or is there some options for me?? 
tjwasiak

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 10:19:21 AM »

IMHO you have issues with drivers. Try to remove all FTDI and VCDS drivers from same applet in Control Panel which lets you install Additional Windows functions (I do not remember how it is called in different english versions of Windows as I am using localized Windows on all of my computers).
mounty

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 02:12:45 PM »

Is there a download for a list of drivers that will replace or be a duplicate of one's that work with other cables?
tjwasiak

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 02:25:26 PM »

You should get drivers for your "VCDS" cable with it (drivers are included with VCDS software).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: