Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Big turbo lean idle  (Read 19844 times)
tjwasiak

« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2014, 07:07:18 AM »

OP stated this in the first post " I have the stock maf and housing attached ". I suggested rather than change anything file-wise at this point it might be good to start with a housing you know you won't peg. If he makes adjustments now using the stock housing won't he have to re-adjust everything again if he decides he needs to move up to a larger housing even at idle?

I am asking again how are you going to properly dial MAF and injectors at once? When dialing injectors you are (maybe silently but still) taking MAF reading for granted (so you use fuel trims). When dialing MAF you are depending on properly dialed in injectors so you can use your fuel trims to dial MAF in... When trying to dial both MAF and injectors at once what are you going to use? Trying to dial the injectors with disconnected MAF is also not the wisest idea!
TurboNick

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2014, 12:45:09 PM »

judging b your vacuum numbers you said you have a small vaccuum leak. the high idle is evident of that plus the gauge. if youre near northern california i can help you lock it down. if not just gotta find where it is.
Mythbuster74

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2014, 08:55:59 AM »

judging b your vacuum numbers you said you have a small vaccuum leak. the high idle is evident of that plus the gauge. if youre near northern california i can help you lock it down. if not just gotta find where it is.
Yes I did.  Fixed that and now it pulls normal vacuum at idle.  Also changed some injector settings and now have a pretty normal idle.

Problem now is my ltft's are getting turned off because of a cam over retarded error.  I've turned off the vvt in the eskonf and have set both timing maps for both the timing variables equal but from there on I'm lost on what to change.  The threads I've seen discussing this never seem to come to a head.

Does anyone know the complete list of variables that need to be changed to completly code out CVT?
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: