Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Constant "SYSTEM NOT OK" error when trying to recode skc  (Read 16305 times)
rand0mher0

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2014, 09:37:02 PM »

I'm back again... The car that I put this cluster in got totaled Sad But I kept the cluster and wanna put it in the new car. I already got a dump of the current cluster in the new car. Any chance someone could transfer the important stuff from the stock cluster to the mfa cluster? I've attached bin files of both clusters.
rand0mher0

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 05:42:34 PM »

Anyone? I've managed to transfer the vin/skc/immo id over. But I'm not sure what else needs to be done and where they are in the eeprom.
digitalhippie

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 09:14:20 PM »

Diff the previous two files, then use those addresses... if you look a few posts back there was an example diff.
rand0mher0

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »

Diff the previous two files, then use those addresses... if you look a few posts back there was an example diff.

I saw that, I had them all side by side. But it appears that the eeprom on the 03 cluster is slightly different than the 05 cluster. I know it will work in the car they're both immo3, but I don't wanna change anything wrong in the eeprom and possibly brick the cluster..
rand0mher0

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 09:36:18 PM »

bump again. attempted adapting the cluster to the car today via vcds, as expected the cluster put up the same fight it did going into my old jetta. I then flashed the halfway done file that I was able to get done, and no different. With the immo id, vin, and skc on there I should've been able to adapt the keys yes? I keep on getting an error when trying to clear the current keys attached to the cluster.

Maybe someone else can finish the file I couldn't?
ddillenger

« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 10:02:11 PM »

Right after your login code in the ecu eeprom is the 7 byte lock code. There are several threads from the past few weeks that discuss this very thing (which is why noone is answering). They are complete with addresses, and examples.

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6161.0

Is this not the same problem you're having?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 10:06:01 PM by ddillenger » Logged

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
rand0mher0

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 10:27:37 PM »

That's for the ecu though, I tried getting an eeprom dump of the ecu using that tool but it didn't wanna work for me. From that thread it seems all that's left that I need to transfer is the key information. Which I don't know where that's located in the eeprom. If I could I would compare the original MFA eeprom and the eeprom set up for my old car to find what blocks that info is located, but as I said.. the 03 cluster's eeprom seems to be slightly different than the mfa cluster's eeprom, so I'm sure it's not in the same location.
s
MK2-VRT

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2014, 05:30:25 AM »

Test again and make a print screen from measeringblock 022
eliotroyano

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2014, 06:09:28 AM »

bump again. attempted adapting the cluster to the car today via vcds, as expected the cluster put up the same fight it did going into my old jetta. I then flashed the halfway done file that I was able to get done, and no different. With the immo id, vin, and skc on there I should've been able to adapt the keys yes? I keep on getting an error when trying to clear the current keys attached to the cluster.
Maybe someone else can finish the file I couldn't?

If I remember correctly VDO clusters from something like V6x uses a different processor, them eeprom content have different organization. I had similar situation going from a VDO V55 to a VDO V75 one. It is not that easy to just copy eeprom zones. I think that adaptation will be the best option in this case.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:17:49 AM by eliotroyano » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: