Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Audi B6 S4 4.2L?  (Read 7553 times)
MOB7D4

« on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:50 AM »

I totally dig what's going on here! I like the fact that I can possibly avoid spending over $500 for a tune. My questions:
(1) Is this sftwr specific to the ECU, motor, or both?
(2) With finding little dialogue about my particular platform, will these steps be the same for the B6 V8?

I want to make GD sure of my steps before taking them. I'm wanting to delete the 2 rear O2 sensors because in spite of everything I've done to remedy, I keep throwing the P0421 code. I've chosen this path out of necessity because I just dropped a shatload of $$ to replace the a/c compressor, and I just don't have the scratch (or justification) to buy a tune just to get rid of 1 problem.

Any guidance is welcome, and very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
turboat

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 04:00:11 AM »

Nef is specific to the ecu software - me7, and it may work with me9. If your car uses motronic 7, there is a good chance it will work. Why don't you spend $10 on a lead and try it?

Emissions delete will be similar to the ecu's discussed here, but I've not seen anything specific for your car. Take a look at the s4 wiki tuning guide for info on how to do it.
MOB7D4

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 01:43:07 PM »

Not a bad idea. I don't think there's much I can screw up just going after the O2's. I'm assuming by "lead", you're talking about a test lead or cable right? I've got the Ross-Tech VAG COM cable and VCDS sftwr., so I'll need to check again on how to make it work. Wish me luck!
ddillenger

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 02:13:40 PM »

Get an MPPS cable off of ebay. That's your only shot. Read your file, post it. You will get help.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
MOB7D4

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 02:19:52 PM »

Roger that. Thanks!
airtite

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2014, 02:01:20 AM »

I have the same platform and have done the O2 delete, shout if you need help.
MOB7D4

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2014, 02:02:42 PM »

I have the same platform and have done the O2 delete, shout if you need help.

Thanks man! I will definitely hit you up...as soon as I get my ride back. Took it to get the a/c compressor replaced last Friday.
MOB7D4

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 01:44:15 AM »

OK, finally got the car back yesterday. I'm getting ready to pop my tuning cherry, and give this rear O2 delete a shot, but thought I'd poll for input first.

Without bugging everyone on the forum to hold my hand, I wanted to see what procedure(s) are used to accomplish? At this point, everything I've researched says that the info on the S4wiki page is pretty much the same for the B6 as it is for the B5. Would this be factual?

I'm only trying to do the O2 deletes, and nothing more. Plans are to pull down a copy of my ECU, reference S4wiki info, and make changes only affecting the rear O2 monitors (don't want to jump in the weeds tweaking with other sh!t...knowumsayin'?), then of course post/update S4wiki for anyone else needing to do this, and accuracy of documentation if it isn't already.

TIA!
Mo
ddillenger

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 01:52:25 AM »

The process is the same, yes. The locations you need however are not.

Post your file, you will be helped Smiley

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
MOB7D4

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 01:57:59 AM »

Indeed sir! Will do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: