Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: rs4 with rs6 turbos tuning  (Read 59907 times)
Lost

« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2014, 04:13:24 AM »

I will just tune it all over again from scratch.
Got a lot of compensation now and my Maf is under scaled.
Worst case, dual in tank and new lines and fuel rail.
The last will certainly be done if I decide to get bigger turbos.
Have just sent couple turbos to get TTEed Smiley
Westfarmracing

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2014, 08:48:51 AM »

Damn Mocke, I just compared my latest log to yours and found two graphs being psycho similar! Smiley

Peaking 2500 and @ 2450 til redline. And yes, it really moves Smiley

Lost

« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2014, 01:20:12 AM »

Hehe, with your turbos, you got plenty left.
 Mine are done. Just let them loose all the way man. Smiley What is your FATS?
Westfarmracing

« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2014, 05:12:22 AM »

Hehe, with your turbos, you got plenty left.
 Mine are done. Just let them loose all the way man. Smiley What is your FATS?

I want to Smiley, but I dont know what will happen if i go over 1.5bar without the hack. And how much should I boost it? I want the turbos to hold also, maybe not more than 1,7?

Latest FATS was 2.83 and I have s4 tranny
Lost

« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2014, 02:43:04 PM »

I Think your fueling is gonna be out of control.
1.7bar is not much for RS6 turbos. I make 2.5Fats on RS tranny, we make about the same power. It pretty much ads up.
You can increase it to hold 1.55 all the way without a hack.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2014, 03:18:34 PM »

Okay, I can try 1.55 all the way for the winter. Maybe try hacking it in the spring.
Not sure I can log it on higher boost now because of slippery roads. I had to do several attempts at different locations last time to get it not spinning out
It does ad up pretty well. Do you think i will need to lower my timing, increase boost and then add timing again til it stops making tq, or can I leave it at 30 degrees where I am now?
Lost

« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2014, 12:28:01 AM »

yes, it is almost impossible to log these days.
Timing is highly dependent on your AFR. Increase your boost to desired, if your AFR does not change, wich i think it should not ( you had surge tank and 2 pumps??). Just leave the timing as it is.
If you have too much timing in some load cells, you will clearly see huge drop on your TQ curve at that load/rpm cell. Just lower it a point and power gonna bump up again..
I got logs showing just that, i can attache later.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2014, 03:17:24 AM »

We'll see if its possible to log it, Really dont need more power right now because of traction. But on the other side, what's the fun in that Smiley

I have the pump in the tank feeding a surge-tank with one 044 in the engine bay, sitting 0,5 meters from the engine with a straight an-6 into the rail.
It has not showed any signs on leaning yet, but I guess time will show.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2014, 02:04:27 PM »

yes, it is almost impossible to log these days.
Timing is highly dependent on your AFR. Increase your boost to desired, if your AFR does not change, wich i think it should not ( you had surge tank and 2 pumps??). Just leave the timing as it is.
If you have too much timing in some load cells, you will clearly see huge drop on your TQ curve at that load/rpm cell. Just lower it a point and power gonna bump up again..
I got logs showing just that, i can attache later.

Would be really nice to see your logs on that phenomena. That was exactly what happened to me, I Raised boost a little bit within the limits and I got a big drop in mid-range. Lowered ignition by 2 points at that rpm range and it bumped up again like you said. Now I have a dive in power after 6250 and I will try to lower ignition up top too now and see if it helps there as well.
Lost

« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2014, 01:37:11 AM »

Would be really nice to see your logs on that phenomena. That was exactly what happened to me, I Raised boost a little bit within the limits and I got a big drop in mid-range. Lowered ignition by 2 points at that rpm range and it bumped up again like you said. Now I have a dive in power after 6250 and I will try to lower ignition up top too now and see if it helps there as well.

Attach log, plz.
I am not on the right computer now. How was your AFR? Did it change anything at that load/rpm?
You can battle that Power drop either with a bit more fuel via FKVVS with same timing or same fuel with less timing.
Westfarmracing

« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2014, 06:48:35 AM »

This is just pics from tq drops. The first picture is from before I lowered timing in mid-range and the second is with the drop up top. I will try lower timing up top to see if that helps
Its creeping over 12afr in midrange after spool now but settles at 11.8 up top. Guess I will try to add some fuel via FKKVS

Lost

« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »

Did you gain any Power?
Westfarmracing

« Reply #102 on: December 26, 2014, 04:41:20 AM »

Did you gain any Power?

Havent tested it yet. Its freezing cold and Ive been eating and drinking the last days for some reason Wink
If the traction is okay, maybe i flash it tomorrow and report back
Lost

« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2014, 03:14:21 AM »

Yeah, i go a nice revision myself waiting for traction Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: