Pages: [1]
Author Topic: One start after flashing, checksum error - possible fix  (Read 3009 times)
spennerus

« on: July 25, 2014, 05:20:56 PM »

After I flashed a .bin file with bad checksum (should have known better) car started once, then it wouldn't start again.  After that I couldn't connect with vcds or nefmoto.  I was convinced I needed to get a galletto cable and do the boot mode recovery, but I kept banging my head against it, and after several hours I was finally able to get it to flash again. 

I think what finally did it was
1: disconnect car battery for a few minutes
2: use generic code reader to clear dtcs.
After that I was able to connect with vcds and nefmoto, and well as flash a new .bin file.  Note: I never tried to start it after those 2 steps, just connect and flash.

If this is common knowledge feel free to delete this post, but I spent hours searching and everything I found said 'boot mode/galetto needed'.  Hopefully this helps someone out!
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2014, 02:46:33 AM »

check DTCs
if you still have a "ecu bad checksum" then you need to read eeprom and manually remove death code from it. then boot mode your ecu and write eeprom back
you can use kkl cable for this
turboat

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2014, 03:07:24 AM »

If you do have that DTC, read the eeprom with argdubs tool, then process it with 95040tool - this will show if the death code is set, and let you clear it. Then write back with argdubs tool in boot mode.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: