Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: 3rd & 4th Gear WOT Runs for Revo Stage 2 on 1.8T BFV  (Read 45004 times)
TTQS
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:58 AM »

What settings are you running on the revo tune?

Hi Robin.

Unfortunately, the tuning agent didn't tell me and I forgot to ask at the time because I had a 2 hour journey home and just wanted to get away. When I subsequently e-mailed them, they didn't have a record of the settings. I don't have the Revo serial port switch because I don't really feel the need to alter the settings and it wouldn't gain me any functionality I would want for £199. If I knew exactly what was changed in the ECU code and how I might consider it, but from what I gather, it's just a 'volume control' for a small number of parameters. Feel free to enlighten me though.

Doug
Giannis

« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2011, 05:36:43 AM »

I have a program found in an other forum that can change revo 2 timing and boost settings via the vagcom diagnostic cable. But i don't know if i am allowed to post it here, and have not tested it as i don't have revo software. If anyone is interesting we can ask Tony if i can put it here.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:38:30 AM by Giannis » Logged
TTQS
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2011, 11:00:32 AM »

If you want to PM me the link, I'll check it out. I'm not keen on changing settings because I'm happy with what I've got, but I'll certainly see if it can read them via OBDII. I have a genuine Ross-Tech interface cable.

Do you mean this?

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/downloads/UniSettingsBoschME7.zip

If so, I downloaded the software and it's so basic, I wouldn't want to adjust anything on my car with it. For example, under a number of the adjustable parameters, the VAG control range states "No adjustment allowed".

Doug
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:24:54 AM by TTQS » Logged
robin

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »

Unisettings changes adaptation channels in the EE, the Revo software is actually changing tables in the map data.

It can have a drastic effect on how the car runs, especially if the Revo agent isn't experienced in setting them up or gets too aggressive. I'd think you should find that out before you go further, especially seeing CFs of 9.

Being in the UK, I'm sure you could drive to a dealer within a half hour and have them confirm your settings. Nearest was 2hr away? Where are you located? Note that fuel adjustment is not possible on your narrowband ECU... so disregard that number.
TTQS
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2011, 01:46:04 PM »

I did see some discussion on changing adaptations on the UniTronics discussion I briefly read. So was Giannis referring to Lemmiwinks then?

I am happy with the settings and output and happy that the agent is experienced in setting them up. Remember that I observed the CFs of 9 with standard (95 RON, UK) octane fuel. Revo and the agent stipulate that the car is tuned with and for 99 RON U.K. high octane fuel. I used 95 RON just for comparison on fuel economy and WOT performance. I didn't like what I saw so have switched back to 99 RON Tesco Momentum fuel.

http://www.tesco.com/Momentum99/files/Tesco-Momentum-99-Fuel-Report.pdf

Since the TT has a wideband ECU, that's when I began to dislike the statements I was seeing on the UnitTronics interface software.

Doug
Giannis

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2011, 01:59:07 PM »

No i am not talking about unisettings this program changes the addaptation channels that excist in every ME 7.x ecu. The program i am talking about, seams to change some "special" channels that excist only in revo software. And you can change boost from scale 1 to 9 and timing from 1 to 9 also. The most popular settings in Greece for 100octane in boost 7 timing 8. I must search my hard drive to find the program but better is to post the link from the other forum. I don't want to take credits for someone else's work. I will inform you soon.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 02:01:54 PM by Giannis » Logged
robin

« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 06:12:53 PM »

Just re-read it and noticed the 95 RON. Gotcha.

Just keep in mind that no matter the 1.8T ECU, even a late model wideband, the software was just not written to target lambda by the fuel setting. Its only enabled on some of the N/A ECUs and the later MED9 stuff.
TTQS
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 10:17:03 AM »

Thanks for the heads-up. I'm interested in the software but only for establishing my settings for curiosity's sake.

Doug
Giannis

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »

I say again this program found in another forum http://www.gtcclub.com/forum/ and has been written by somebody else.
TTQS
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 01:56:44 AM »

Thanks Giannis. I'll download it and report back when I'm back home after my vacation.

Doug
TTQS
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2011, 01:58:29 AM »

Thanks Giannis. I'll download it and report back when I'm back home after my vacation.

Doug
Giannis

« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2011, 04:05:42 AM »

Any news about the program? Did anyone test it?
TTQS
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2011, 05:39:45 AM »

Any news about the program? Did anyone test it?

I haven't had chance to download it yet due to being on vacation so it will be probably this Saturday before I can give it a go.

Doug
TTQS
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 05:18:45 AM »

Hi Giannis.

I tried out the RYTM_REVO.exe file with my genuine Ross Tech interface just now but couldn't get it to do anything. Firstly, the character set must be mostly Greek because there were mostly question marks (see attached image file). I will need more advice from you because the web link you sent is to a Greek tuning forum.

The second issue is that the cable is USB and in VCDS, I get options for COM1 to COM4 and USB, but this software only offers COM1 to COM4. In everything except COM3, I get a rude message from Mr T of the A-Team calling me a sucker.

I tried the interface in both intelligent and dumb mode to no avail.

I was therefore unable to discover my settings.

Doug
Giannis

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 06:31:53 AM »

Yes this the questionmarks are greek letters but it doesn't matter they just tell the order to perform the 5 steps required. 1select com port. 2 select from stock mode to performance mode 3 select boost 4 select timing. I beleive this program doesn't work with "real" usb cables but with cheap clones witch have a serial port emulation inside or older serial cables. Someone with programming knowledge mayby can rewrite the program to support usb cables as well. I suspect that revo has some addaptation channels in their code and use sps(i think this is their interface name) to change these settings like lemmings does.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 06:35:59 AM by Giannis » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: