Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: I want a how to guide. Volunteers?  (Read 25992 times)
ddillenger

« on: July 29, 2014, 01:45:50 PM »

Doing this will earn you the right to ask me any number of weird, noob, or challenging questions you can come up with indefinitely. Or, I will define your file, or do some other random task in return.

This how to should start with driver setup, troubleshooting connectivity, memory layouts, baud rates, and finally culminate with reading one's file. Pictures are a must.

Let's do this!

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:
DDillenger84(at)gmail(dot)com

Email>PM
zillarob

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 10:31:25 PM »

Might be a good idea to start with hardware.

Best bet would prob be a decent laptop with win7.

The lappys with the fruit on them are fancy and all, but you will need to put the antichrist software on there anyway, so just get another one so you dont taint the fruity one.

The robot ones prob arent going to work.

If you have a penguin one, well, you prob dont need a guide.
ddillenger

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 10:38:07 PM »

You just made me laugh.

Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 10:58:12 PM »

that post is 100% win

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 04:40:47 AM »

LOL! As it happens, I need to set up my diagnostics laptop, so I'll have a stab at writing down what I do along the way.
ddillenger

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »

LOL! As it happens, I need to set up my diagnostics laptop, so I'll have a stab at writing down what I do along the way.

Excellent. You will get your very own sticky and my gratitude! Take some screenshots!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
SB_GLI

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 12:18:05 PM »

Might be a good idea to start with hardware.

Best bet would prob be a decent laptop with win7.

The lappys with the fruit on them are fancy and all, but you will need to put the antichrist software on there anyway, so just get another one so you dont taint the fruity one.

The robot ones prob arent going to work.

If you have a penguin one, well, you prob dont need a guide.
Cheesy
turboat

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 12:54:15 PM »

First draft attached. Feel free to hit track changes and add comments, or just edit away. I think it needs more examples of which car goes with which memory layout (both my 2.7 and my 1.8 are 1024, so I have limited experience on that) and if there are other common issues, they should be added to the troubleshooting sections.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 12:55:18 PM »

Ugh are we really going to use docx for this?

Sigh.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
turboat

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »

I was assuming this would end up on the wiki or as a forum post, the draft is only a docx because its an easy way to put pictures, formatting into a doc and have comments from multiple people. Personally I'd rather use gerrit for comment and review tracking, but I'm format flexible...let me know what you prefer  Smiley
userpike

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 07:48:10 PM »

content removed. I dunno what happened.. I guess I didn't read the whole thread and was watching Shaknado2. It was amazing but the first one was better. So I woulda wrote the guide if you experienced Sharknado but I see it's already been started.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 11:22:16 PM by userpike » Logged
turboat

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 12:52:37 AM »

I need to go watch sharknado Smiley feel free to review and add to the getting started guide Smiley
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2014, 08:12:05 AM »

Hey , I want to participate too , but please give me a task. I don`t know where to start.I have zero expirience writing down a guide :/

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
ddillenger

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2014, 09:01:02 AM »

TCS:

Read the document that has been posted, and try to do so as a noob. If you think any of it is unclear, or see an area that you struggled with, add to it Smiley

Keep up the good work guys!

Email/Google chat:

Email>PM
TCSTigersClaw

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2014, 10:55:47 AM »

I did some minor comments , they are ** with bright marking . My English are not good but you can add them to the final guide. What else to do guys I am thinking

VAG cars newbie tuner Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: