Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: KFZW - KFZWOP and tuning  (Read 79988 times)
20VTMK1

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2013, 01:23:56 PM »

Question ..

If there are no CF's but actual timing is almost always lower than requested by approx. 4-5 degree's , could this be some form of correction ? Its not boost related coz this happens when actual boost is lower than requested as well ..

Any ideas ?

Thanks
tbm

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2013, 01:45:36 PM »

Question ..

If there are no CF's but actual timing is almost always lower than requested by approx. 4-5 degree's , could this be some form of correction ? Its not boost related coz this happens when actual boost is lower than requested as well ..

Any ideas ?

Thanks
If your actual timing is lower 0 then your KFZW is bigger than KFZWOP. Also it may happens if works some corrections from IAT and LAMFA. Check your DZWOLA, ETADZW, DZWETA and KFZWWLNM. Also you can log zwbas, zopt, zwsol and etazwbm it may help you to solve this reducing.
20VTMK1

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2013, 01:26:19 PM »

the actual timing is not lower than zero , it is lower by ~ 5 deg than the requested .

I did check KFZWOP , it is higher than KFZW be a fair margin.

I don't see any load correction for IAT and coolant . Lamfa correction , do you mean for component protection ?Actual vs requested lambda is spot on bar a few places were actual is lower . Am I missing something here ?? Perhaps some sort of maf correction or load correction ? BTW , the actual and requested load is also almost spot on ...

Thank you , I will log the blocks you mention if not already in my list ..

bk56190

« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 05:21:08 AM »

Read th FR again, KFDZWKG, DZWOLA...
phila_dot

« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 03:09:09 PM »

Question ..

Any ideas ?

Thanks

What variables are you referring to as actual (zwout?) and requested (zwgru)?

If your actual timing is lower 0 then your KFZW is bigger than KFZWOP. Also it may happens if works some corrections from IAT and LAMFA. Check your DZWOLA, ETADZW, DZWETA and KFZWWLNM. Also you can log zwbas, zopt, zwsol and etazwbm it may help you to solve this reducing.

This is mostly nonsense.

the actual timing is not lower than zero , it is lower by ~ 5 deg than the requested .

I did check KFZWOP , it is higher than KFZW be a fair margin.

I don't see any load correction for IAT and coolant . Lamfa correction , do you mean for component protection ?Actual vs requested lambda is spot on bar a few places were actual is lower . Am I missing something here ?? Perhaps some sort of maf correction or load correction ? BTW , the actual and requested load is also almost spot on ...

Thank you , I will log the blocks you mention if not already in my list ..

This is really confusing. How are you jumping from timing retard to all of these unrelated questions?

Look at %ZUE in the FR and it should be pretty clear how requested timing is offset or overridden.
20VTMK1

« Reply #65 on: December 08, 2013, 08:46:03 AM »

Apologies ,

Was trying best to respond to this "If your actual timing is lower 0 then your KFZW is bigger than KFZWOP. Also it may happens if works some corrections from IAT and LAMFA. Check your DZWOLA, ETADZW, DZWETA and KFZWWLNM. Also you can log zwbas, zopt, zwsol and etazwbm it may help you to solve this reducing."

ZWGRU is Req and ZQOUT is actual , yes .

I am looking into the functionsramen . Thanks for that.
tbm

« Reply #66 on: December 08, 2013, 10:21:53 AM »

This is mostly nonsense.
Why? Could you explain? All these things can affect zwout.
tbm

« Reply #67 on: December 08, 2013, 10:23:55 AM »

Lamfa correction , do you mean for component protection ?
No, I meant dzwola.

vwaudiguy

« Reply #68 on: April 17, 2015, 11:42:26 AM »

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I didn't see 20v's question completely answered, or maybe I missed it. I also see around 5 degrees less advance than requested in KFZW at rpm above 5k. No cf, and no IAT correction looking at KFZWWLNM. Can anyone suggest what other maps to look at that apply corrections? Thanks.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
littco

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2015, 03:32:48 AM »

Sorry to bump this old thread, but I didn't see 20v's question completely answered, or maybe I missed it. I also see around 5 degrees less advance than requested in KFZW at rpm above 5k. No cf, and no IAT correction looking at KFZWWLNM. Can anyone suggest what other maps to look at that apply corrections? Thanks.

On your Kfzw and Kfzw2 maps, what timings values is it requesting and what load values/rpm on the axis.. as per usual a log would help..

woj

« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2017, 11:16:03 AM »

I'll bump it too, the question of what one does with KFZWOP for alcohol fuels (E85/E100) has been asked at least twice in different threads, but not answered (or I did not search sufficiently). The common information (not only from here) about ZW is that for E85/100 fuels you can raise it by 6-8 degrees safely, due to higher (or no) knock limit, from what I understand. But that does mean that one gets closer to KFZWOP which is more or less the same, or that the KFZWOP also moves by large amounts of degrees? If the latter (which is the case by my educated guess), what are the ball parks?

The source of the question: although on ME7.9.10 the ZW is mostly way down below of ZWOP in boost areas, there are sites where it is very close or *at* ZWOP in mid-load under boost.  Read earlier in this thread that having ZW over ZWOP is no good due to ill effects of knock recovery, torque interventions, etc. So tuning ZW up by 6-8 degrees (or even 2-4 degrees in some cases) and staying below ZWOP is not possible without touching ZWOP. Yes, I know I can just raise it, but what are the sensible numbers here?

Another thing - in cam regulated ME-s there is ZWOP1 and ZWOP2 (no surprise here), but in the torque monitoring module there is just one KFZW_UM. The FR says that this is the same as ZWOP *or* ZWOP2, "or" being the puzzle. Per cell maximum of the two?

EDIT: OK, finally found this: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=10294.msg89969#msg89969
And it says that essentially guessing ZWOP and keeping it over ZW is the only way to go. The other question about the torque monitoring stands though.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 11:31:45 AM by woj » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: