Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: KFZW - KFZWOP and tuning  (Read 80006 times)
bazaa

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 01:53:22 PM »

They are German abbreviations of the maps names

read the wiki it will help you understand them

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

also see nyet's wiki

http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
phila_dot

« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2011, 04:37:12 PM »

I have attached a sample of the spreadsheet that I use when tuning KFZW and KFZW2.

Thank you for the logs Setzi. I have been traveling all week, so I have not gotten a chance to look at them yet.

I am not sure if it is just my XDF, but I can only increment these maps by multiples of 0.75.
julex

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 09:55:57 AM »

I am not sure if it is just my XDF, but I can only increment these maps by multiples of 0.75.

Switch to Hex mode display and once you increment by 1 you'll notice that it is calculated to 0.75deg when you go back to "normal" mode. You can see the conversion routine for each table/scalar once you go into edit mode for XDF parameter.

s5fourdoor

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2011, 10:38:22 AM »

Are you running water/meth?  The curves seem pretty aggressive for a high boost car.  Believe me, I am no expert and do not claim to be, but I was just commenting mostly to stimulate discussion and to get an idea of what is safe / dangerous here.
phila_dot

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2011, 02:22:51 PM »

Are you running water/meth?  The curves seem pretty aggressive for a high boost car.  Believe me, I am no expert and do not claim to be, but I was just commenting mostly to stimulate discussion and to get an idea of what is safe / dangerous here.

If that question was directed towards me, then yes. 17 psi boost, good ole cali 91 octane, and Vast/Devil's Own meth kit 50:50 M1 to distilled water from 4 psi to 14 psi. I only included the tuned KFZW tables to illustrate the change sheet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 03:21:00 PM by phila_dot » Logged
s5fourdoor

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 05:21:40 PM »

Ahh, gotcha.  Yah that sheet is pretty awesome man... thanks for uploading it.  Huge contribution in my opinion.  Do you know of anyone that changed the KFNW table itself?  Or is it advisable not to change that?
phila_dot

« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 09:53:34 PM »

Ahh, gotcha.  Yah that sheet is pretty awesome man... thanks for uploading it.  Huge contribution in my opinion.  Do you know of anyone that changed the KFNW table itself?  Or is it advisable not to change that?

The thread below is the only thing that I have seen on the topic.

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=279.0title=
LHN86

Engineer

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2012, 03:31:57 PM »

I have another question. Do you actualy have to change the load table while you are tuning the KFZW maps?

BMW E30 M3 S54
Mantis

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2013, 06:19:05 AM »

If your KFZW approaches KFZWOP should you consider altering re increasing KFZWOP?

My M75 tune has no timing correction, I continued to increase base timing in KFZW until I found it easier to just copy KFZWOP and paste into KFZW.  Of course I had to make the final two column values the same as the axis values are not shared.

I am still not seeing any timing correction, should I consider scaling KFZWOP overall by say 10%, that would at least give my timing a point to move towards under optimum conditions?
phila_dot

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2013, 06:44:58 AM »

Timing does not move towards KFZWOP under any condtions.

KFZWOP is only used to evaluate ignition angle efficiency for numerous interventions. You can tune it to preserve these interventions, but that is the only benefit.

This is ignition timing...you're saying that the flame speed and cylinder pressures are the same between the last two load points? It's bad enough that you're capped at 191.25. Also, this would mean that you're whole table is shifted down.

Don't make the last two load columns the same. Interpolate the values for the missing KFZWOP column.

KFZWOP only applies to petrol at lambda 1 anyway.
Mantis

« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:32 AM »

I understand that it is an evaluation point and from earlier in this thread you noted that it was only used when lambda is 1, my question was is there any benefit to moving KFZWOP higher as I am able to easily achieve the values prescribed by the factory tune.

I can extrapolate the final KFZW values, I have rescaled the 11 point timing load axis to a max of 238.68 and second to last at 206.34, both of those values are above 191, I assume I could just tweak these values as opposed to extrapolating.
phila_dot

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2013, 07:12:45 AM »

KFZWOP isn't only used at lambda 1, it represents optimum timing at lambda 1 (petrol).

I suggest not touching KFZWOP. It is mainly used in the torque model.

You rescaled the load axis in KFZW? What software are you using?

M box uses 8 bit load for KFZW(2), so the axis cannot be rescaled.

KFZW and KFZWOP load axis have identical values except that KFZWOP doesn't have one load point (39 IIRC). The values can be interpolated.
Mantis

« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 07:31:59 AM »

Sorry my bad, I mistakenly thought KFZW shared an axis with KFMIOP
Mantis

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Phila, I noticed you bracketed that KFZWOP is optimum timing for petrol, any idea what optimum timing for alcohol would be, if I do change any of KFZWOP is there anything you wold recommend that I log, anything that you would personally like to see in a log?
overspeed

« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2013, 02:41:05 PM »

Don´t know if it is what you want to know, but from C20 to E100 I usually add about 6~8° to timing... 

That´s something you~ll probably notice, if you have low CR (and/or boost) you can get maximum power with no retard... with higher CR and boost as near you get to detonation more power you get... even with low degrees of CF (about 1,5 to 4,5°)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: