Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Sequential twin turbo setup  (Read 13942 times)
userpike

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2015, 12:50:34 AM »

I have wanted to twin charge my 1.8t GTI for a long time now. I'm still looking for a decent g60 supercharger for a decent price...dang things are rare nowadays.
elRey

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2015, 11:51:54 AM »

Maybe ElRey will jump in, I would like to see some updates on his project here

Do you mean this ? :

Preinstall mock-up

3" downpipe with boost actuated cutout

It's daily driven by my wife and me. I'm currently (and slowly) developing custom boost control for the Low Pressure (big) turbo. I will be cloning the existing GGDSAS,LDRPID,LDTVMA functions and adding interaction between the new and existing funcs. I may end-up just using KFTVLDRE control for LP turbo and allowing High Pressure (small) turbo do the acutal PID control.

As it sits now, LP runs off wastegate spring signal from between the two turbos (1st stage). It runs at 6.8psi. The HP turbo adds the difference to target boost. Base boost with 0% duty is 8.9 psi. I run 16-18psi. So, 6.8psi from LP turbo and 9.2-11.2psi from HP turbo. But HP provides all 18psi at low RPM and before LP turbo spools up.

Boost actuated exhaust dump is controlled by N112 with a deleted and rewritten SLS function. SLS relay will control inline fuel pump like it does on my MK4 16vt Jetta Wagon.

Stock bottom-end still, so nothing crazy at the moment. Just enjoying working on the hobby project. Feel free to ask any questions.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:50:47 AM by elRey » Logged
A4Rich

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2015, 07:01:48 AM »

elRey Wow... that's great, thanks for sharing.

I'm currently (and slowly) developing custom boost control for the Low Pressure (big) turbo. I will be cloning the existing GGDSAS,LDRPID,LDTVMA functions and adding interaction between the new and existing funcs. I may end-up just using KFTVLDRE control for LP turbo and allowing High Pressure (small) turbo do the acutal PID control.

As it sits now, HP runs off wastegate spring signal from between the two turbos (1st stage).

Would it be possible to control the turbos without the custom coding using the MAP in the stock location?

It runs at 6.8psi. The HP turbo adds the difference to target boost. Base boost with 0% duty is 8.9 psi. I run 16-18psi. So, 6.8psi from LP turbo and 9.2-11.2psi from HP turbo. But HP provides all 18psi at low RPM and before LP turbo spools up.
Are planning on implementing 5120 hack?   
elRey

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2015, 10:24:02 AM »

elRey Wow... that's great, thanks for sharing.
Would it be possible to control the turbos without the custom coding using the MAP in the stock location?

Sure, but not separately. And if you can't control them separately you can't specific at which PR each operates. Thus, you have have to rely on their sizing.
There are a few ways to control them. You can have one N75 control both. Two N75s, one for each but driven by the same ECU PWM allowing different boost signal sources.
MBC on one and N75 on the other. I'm sure there's more. All of which require different KFVPDKS,KFLDRL,KFLDIMX, and PID calibration. However, I want the ability to specify the PR the LP turbo will operate at independent of it's sizing compared to the HP turbo AND retain minimum base boost for drivability without depending on KFVPDKS heavily.

Are planning on implementing 5120 hack?   

I am planning to. I'm just not looking forward to the work. I have done it for my Jetta Wagon 16vt and it was tedious. I'd rather do the work myself instead of relying on what's out there. I currently have a 4bar in the stock location and a 3bar between LP and HP turbos and wiring in place to support 2nd MAP and N75.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:32:10 AM by elRey » Logged
masterj

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 06:44:39 AM »

So if I put K04-015 to spin up Holset HX??. Which one I should buy? HX60? HX65? HX70? HX80?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 11:39:44 PM by masterj » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: