Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Issues reading 022 ecu  (Read 11478 times)
vwaudiguy

« on: May 30, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »

I have a sc'd Jetta I want to make some small changes to run water meth. The ecu code is 022 906 032 CS. I haven't been able to read the file using any of the methods mentioned on this site. I have successfully read/written a few files on another ecu (1.8t 06A) so I'm familiar with the process. I have an ebay Galetto and tried reading in boot mode with no luck. Any suggestions? BTW The VW/Audi community has been waiting for a site like this for a very long time. Great work! Thanks!

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
vwaudiguy

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:41:32 PM »

It seems this has been covered already

http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php/topic,115.15.html

Grin

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:33:11 PM »

If you can't read using the NefMoto software, send me the log file and maybe we can sort out the issue.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 12:35:53 PM »

The car has GIAC (supercharged vortec) software on it, and from my exp. I usually can't read aftermarket files over OBD using Nef. I will be trying to retrieve this file again shortly, I'll keep you posted, and thanks for the help!

vwaudiguy

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

Reading complete! Nefmoto software works well! I'm so used to going into boot mode for everything I didn't even try. Thanks for chiming in, Tony and great work on the software..Looking forward to the next update!

vwaudiguy

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 05:25:20 PM »

Ok...Just tried reading a friends stock 04' R32. 022 906 032 EG Motronic ME 7.1.1G. Can't read through Nefmoto (OBD) Tried all memory layouts with ign cycle in between. I can connect ok and read ecu info, but none of the memory layouts would verify. I tried a read afterwards just for the hell of it without results. Here's the nef-log

Disabling Windows sleep mode.
Reading ECU flash memory.
Requesting security access.
Security access granted.
Validating flash memory starts at 0x00800000 and ends at 0x00880000.
Validation failed, ECU reports RequestUpload service is not supported. RequestUpload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
Memory layout validation failed.
Starting to read data block.
Calculating flash checksum to determine if reading is necessary for range: 0x00800000 to 0x00804000
Flash checksum does not match, reading flash data is necessary.
Requesting upload from ECU for address range 0x00800000 to 0x00803FFF.
Request upload from ECU failed, ECU reports service is not supported. Request upload may have been disabled by aftermarket engine software.
100% complete.
Reading ECU flash memory failed.
Restoring Windows sleep mode.

vwaudiguy

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 08:23:01 PM »

Any thoughts on reading the R32 ecu?  I may try the boot method that uses the resistors and I'll report back!

kls

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2011, 09:10:38 PM »

There is nothing special in the R32 ECU, but Nefmoto doesn't like the ME7.1.1 it uses. You can read the ECU  using Gelletto in car or on the bench via boot pin.
I would be careful experimenting with Nefmoto with ME7.1.1 as I have corrupted an R32 ECUs eeprom with it before(likely during write attempts and not read attempts though)
I have fully recovered the ECU but it required manual reprogramming of the ECU eeprom.

Oddly enough Nefmoto can read the ME7.1.1 from a regular 2.8l VR6 ECU.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »

Thanks for the response kls. I'll try Galetto via OBD tomorrow. If for some odd reason it does not work and I have to go boot, should I use the resister method described in the link earlier in this thread? I need to make a notebook of what works with what Cheesy Is it safe to assume it's 800bb? I've heard Tony mention he wasn't able to read anything via OBD using Galetto, always having to use boot mode. I can't say I've been able to do it either?  Huh
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 09:17:34 PM by vwaudiguy » Logged

kls

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2011, 09:52:55 PM »

You should have no issues reading it in car, I've read several and even written in car using Galletto. If you choose to go boot pin the link posted earlier in this thread is correct.
The only way I can see it not being readable is if the ECU has tuned software with disabled OBDII reading.
The tuned software I have for the R32 wasn't protected at all and I was also able to read that out via Galletto.
vwaudiguy

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2011, 10:03:16 PM »

I take it might be a good idea to read the eeprom before writing just in case? I also still have yet to write a file using Galetto (n00b), but I have using Nef. I should be working on a testpipe/header file for a guy taking the na approach to an R32. I'll keep everyone posted how it goes!

vwaudiguy

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »

Ok two things. I dont see an option in Galetto software for me 7.1.1..Everything is geared mostly for the 1.8T. I tried to read and got a changing speed error. I have the car on a charger, it's below 15 and above 13 and the car is completely stock, with the ecu in the car. Any ideas? Also does Galetto 1260 software work with Windows 7? I am trying the read with Galetto on an XP machine currently.

kls

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 05:56:51 PM »

Under Audi you should have an option for ME7.1.1.
I have only received the change speed error when the ECU was on the bench and the immobilizer was unhappy(obviously a non-issue if you use boot mode)
vwaudiguy

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »

Well that was it. It never occurred to me to go under Audi for the right version of me7. kls you're the man!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: