Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 06A906032DL ME7.5 Checksum update request  (Read 8396 times)
MoparFreak69

« on: September 04, 2014, 06:05:57 PM »

I am very slowly figuring out things in my ecu maps and have started making a few minor changes. Basically in this edition I have simply increased IRL load request values slightly and increased LDRXN to hopefully allow slightly more boost. I am shooting for roughly 11PSI with these changes.

I haven't gotten the checksum plugin for tunerpro working yet so I can't yet update the checksums myself.

Also if anybody wants to look over the map and offer up advice. I used an XDF found here for my software. I am going to just make small changes here and there and log, log, log and see what it does and how things feel and affect my car. First time tuning, and I am a hands on learner so what the hey, I figure I'll give it a go!

Thanks in advance!

*edit*  In case anybody is wondering about hardware, 1.8T with F21T turbo kit(stock wastegate actuator installed) running N75 valve control, 3" TB exhaust w/cat, stock MAF connected to FT TIP high flow pod filter on other side, FMIC (brand unknown, PO installed poorly, I straightened out corners that were cut) and last but not least stock fueling for the time being. Passes all readiness for emissions (highly important at the moment) and is showing pretty good Lambda values on current logs. Runs great, just want to start eeking out a bit more power.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 06:11:22 PM by MoparFreak69 » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 06:18:51 PM »

You can try ME7Sum on it... it may work.

And check it with ME7Check...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
MoparFreak69

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 06:32:05 PM »

I finally found a good link to download me7sum. Ran it through, it identifies the 4 errors, even points them out, but wont correct them.
it calculates the check, but wont apply it, unless that is something I have to do myself?
If it is something I have to do myself can someone direct me to documentation to learn how to do it?

Thanks again!
vwaudiguy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 08:00:03 PM »

I should be able to do it, but I need the original, or the working file you started out with.

"If you have a chinese turbo, that you are worried is going to blow up when you floor it, then LOL."
MoparFreak69

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 08:50:50 PM »

Thanks for your offer of assistance.

Here is the original bin file run through me7check, which checked out fine.

I have also attached the xdf I used in case you need it for any reason.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 10:59:39 PM »

I finally found a good link to download me7sum. Ran it through, it identifies the 4 errors, even points them out, but wont correct them.
it calculates the check, but wont apply it, unless that is something I have to do myself?
If it is something I have to do myself can someone direct me to documentation to learn how to do it?

Thanks again!

Link to documentation is in my sig.

You need to provide input.bin and output.bin

If you just provide input.bin, it only checks it.

Latest binary always available here

http://nyetwurk.github.io/ME7Sum/
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 11:03:02 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
MoparFreak69

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 08:04:51 AM »

Perfect! Worked great!

What I find is weird is that me7check only detected 4 errors, but me7sum says it corrected 6 errors.
running the final output file through me7check says 0 errors so I guess I will attempt to flash it and see what it does for me.

Thanks for the help everybody!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:13:48 PM by MoparFreak69 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: