Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Boost Loss  (Read 6864 times)
BoostedR36MK3

« on: June 05, 2011, 10:09:22 PM »

For the sake of help and to understand what exactly I am looking for in these logs I am posting to see if anyone can lead me in the right direction of solving this problem.

First the problem. The car seems to be loosing boost some place but we can't find it. New o-rings in the DV, new N75, New wastegate, New Turbo, new exhaust mani and gaskets. All the clamps and hoses seem to be tight. All silicon hoses. This happened before the new turbo and such which is partially why they were replaced however it was going to be done either way.
The turbo is a K04 with internal wastegate. new Maf from tt 225, new injectors from tt. The car did this on the giac file for the k03 and now it has a flash for the k04 with all the other mods but same problem. The car keeps throwing a code for running rich which if it is loosing boost I would expect that to be the reason. I have logs from VCDS at cruise and some of under load. If someone could take a look and maybe point me to the things I need to check, I would appreciate it and maybe even tell me what in the logs pushed you that way. Thanks.

BoostedR36MK3

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 06:02:35 PM »

Any ideas? Is there a chance to tell if its the map sensor or is there a way to log it?
lulu2003

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 04:51:30 AM »

I checked all your logs but they are pretty useless as the log rate is worse than 1 Hz.

please redo a full pull in full range of rev and highest gear possible and log only N75 duty cycle, boost spec and actual.

first guess:
Seems your wastegate actuator (spring) is to weak to close the WG. Seeing it maxing out at 93.7 duty at higher revs.

did you check the pressure when it opens and is fully opened?
BoostedR36MK3

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »

Ok I will drive this next time to get a log. I kept telling him I want a full pull but he kept letting out of it. This problem was happening with the KO3 with internal wastegate and also now with the KO4 interally wastegated so it does it with 2 different ones. That car was peaking 23psi but does it at less even. I kind of seams like it surges or bounces as it goes up. It will be a couple days before I can go log it more. Is there a block I can log that shows n75 and boost or should I log both 114 and 115 again together?
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 05:55:44 PM »

Do a pressure test of the intake system to check for boost leaks. Then also check that your wastegate actuator lines for leaks. If you connect a hand pump like a MityVac to your wastegate lines, then the wastegates should begin to crack open at 7 psi if I recall correctly.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: